Why do Thai people always think a farang wants a Thai girlfriend?

michaeltheR

I truelly do apologise, if i did talk bad in my previous post.

What i did really understand in all these years in Thailand is as a foreigner, the beauty is always beyond the appearance,

and can hide deeply in your personality.

Yes you should not judge people upon their skin color, their wealth, or their origins unlike others thai,

And to be fair, if you take 100 foreign girls.

50 will be fat, 40 will be normal, 9 pretty and only 1 stunning

While if you take 100 thai girls, honestly

9 will be fat, 30 pretty girls, 30 cute girls, 30 lovely girls and 1 darkskinned ugly girl.... and guess who gonna marry darkie cheesy.gif

ps: just kidding

Good old American ignorance at it's best. You from Kentucky or Louisiana?

What i have seen over the years, most of the time the rich and wealthy farang( either old/young/good looking/qasimodo) just succeed to bed a ugly, darkskinned low education thai princess.

farang brainless certainly but with a big heartlaugh.png

As someone said, the whole population put you in the same basket... you can do nothing about it!

Although I cannot disagree, don't expect many to click "like" to the above as that would require "breaking through denial"

• Like 2

What i have seen over the years, most of the time the rich and wealthy farang( either old/young/good looking/qasimodo) just succeed to bed a ugly, darkskinned low education thai princess.

As someone said, the whole population put you in the same basket... you can do nothing about it!

Although I cannot disagree, don't expect many to click "like" to the above as that would require "breaking through denial"

you think dark skin is ugly too??

I hear Thais talk about this among themselves and most (not all...so don't go on about generalizing) tend to quickly find another bf/gf/husbandwife/gig or whatever after they break up with someone. Most people here, based on my experience, would think it odd if you wanted "time alone."

I don't think its a case of quote "Thai people just cant imagine a young farang not wanting the date a Thai woman."...

Its more that the Thai women (now not all) WANT a farang husband....somehow in their mind I think it equates to MONEY and being treated better....

think of all the children up in the Northeast who live in these villages and the Thai's with the NICEST houses , cars etc. are the ones who are married to farangs.....so what do you think these young girls aspire to when they grow up ....."Marry a Farang"?

Not saying its right...not even saying its true....its just one mans opinion

yeah i'd call it largely BS too.

Have lived in thai for several years and able to speak, read/write and from what I have observed the comment is largely true. IMO if you were to remove the "better financial support" many of those women would rather be with thai males at their own socio-econimic-academic level such as motorbike taxi drivers.(exceptions duly noted) It is very uncommon to see a caucasion guy with what appears to be an upscale woman(demeanor, style, language ability, spoken thai, etc etc) I dont base it solely on skin color. as I have known darker skinned professionals.

My intent is not to criticize but to comment based on constructive analyses. No doubt many of the relationships suit both parties adequately.

• Like 2

I don't think its a case of quote "Thai people just cant imagine a young farang not wanting the date a Thai woman."...

Its more that the Thai women (now not all) WANT a farang husband....somehow in their mind I think it equates to MONEY and being treated better....

think of all the children up in the Northeast who live in these villages and the Thai's with the NICEST houses , cars etc. are the ones who are married to farangs.....so what do you think these young girls aspire to when they grow up ....."Marry a Farang"?

Have lived in thai for several years and able to speak, read/write and from what I have observed the comment is largely true. IMO if you were to remove the "better financial support" many of those women would rather be with thai males at their own socio-econimic-academic level such as motorbike taxi drivers.(exceptions duly noted) It is very uncommon to see a caucasion guy with what appears to be an upscale woman(demeanor, style, language ability, spoken thai, etc etc) I dont base it solely on skin color. as I have known darker skinned professionals.

My intent is not to criticize but to comment based on constructive analyses. No doubt many of the relationships suit both parties adequately.

many thai women want nothing to do with the thai male and his philandering and mia noi proclivities

• Like 2

You have to come to terms with the makeup of the Thai mind. First of all, they are some of the most conventional thinkers on the planet. That is not a knock on them. Just an observation. Very few Thais are capable of thinking outside the box, or formulating concepts that are apart from what they have been told, what they have learned, or what they have been exposed to, from nearly every other Thai in the country. In addition most are pathologically afraid of how they look and appear to others, so that really gets in the way of behaving in an open and free manner. As westerners, we are very fortunate to have been taught that it is ok to be different, and ok to be your own person. Also, most fortunate for us, many of us just do not care that much what others think of us, and that gives us a lot more freedom. Also, most Thais are afraid to say no to their parents, or their elders. So, that imposes even more limitations on their behavior. Once you start to envision Thais in this way, a lot more makes sense. They are wonderful people, on alot of levels, and have alot of great qualities, but I have met very few who are free thinkers. So, when you present a concept like being on your own, deciding not to have children, being with a woman for years without getting married, etc, etc, it blows their mind. That is not the way things are done!

codswallop

• Like 1

Wow, can't believe such an innocent post attracted so many racist comments. Yeah, I can believe it. Okay, My usual line for people trying to set me up with a Thai woman is "She is beautiful but I already have a Thai wife" or more likely I tell them the truth which is that I don't care for women and already have a Thai boyfriend.

Oi. Buggar off with the dark skinned I'll educated tosh.

The darkest friend my wife had is actually an astro physicist.

a thai dark skinned astro physicist in Thailand?blink.pngblink.pngblink.pngblink.png

,Ahhhh you mean she is the one who put the blame on spirit when the plane falls, the train go off the rails?laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

And no I am not joking. The last article she shared with me on Facebook was....about nanoparticle research in Germany.

She has a research fellowship up country in the local university and regularly flies to CERN. And yes, she annoys the crap out of the blue rinse brigade in her faculty because basically they can't keep up.

So lay off the stereotypical bs. It's not smart and it's not clever because it's basically proven to be nonsense.

Here's something to ponder; What % of thai society regardless of skin color is an astro, or any kind of physicist or similarly positioned intellectual/academic with critical thinking,imagination and creativity? Citing one astro-physicist as a way to counter what seems to be the overwhelming "status quo" can hardly be considered a smoking gun. I suppose the faculty at CERN informed you they cannot keep up with this young Isaan lady?

• Like 1

many thai women want nothing to do with the thai male and his philandering and mia noi proclivities

Maintaining a "mia noi" requires adequate financial capability, something usually not present in the low end womans thai male counterpart.

"exceptions duly noted" as above.

hmm yeah but that still doesnt mean they then want a farang. sure you can find them but they are no where near in the majority, lets say something like 2 or 3 percent of thai women would be interest in farang.

these days i see much more farang males waliking around by themselves than in company of thai of either (or should i say any) sex.

Edited by Vo Nguyen Giap
  • Like 2

Ok folkz, lets stop feeding the idiotic comments with replies.

In my observations, in a country with limited government support, family is everything, more children equals a better chance of a comfortable old age, being alone is seen to be dangerous, no one to look after you when sick, also thai people in general are not loners, they like fun, big groups, eating together, drinking together, sleeping alone is weird, the first time I visited the outlaws me and hubby slept in the same room as the 2 old ladies and 2 kids, we all had our own sleeping areas but it was in the same room, odd to me, I live privacy and not hearing my mil let rip through the night, lol, but to them sleeping together means protection and comfort.

If I were the op I would just say that I had a gf if anyone random asks, it satifies the asker and stops further queries as to why he is alone.

• Like 2

farang brainless certainly but with a big heartPosted Image

you consider dark skinned thai girls ugly??
Going by his TV "name" he probably finds all girls ugly.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

A woman in my wife's village wanted to pay me 20 K to find one of my "friends" for her. When I denied that, she'd sent her to Bangkok to work at a "restaurant".

The mother put a Buddha around her neck and off she went.

She came back after six month with a lot of gold and nice clothes. Honestly speaking, they live such a poor life and are glad to have a son in law from a more developed country, supporting the whole family.

Once people have some money, nobody's asking where it came from.-wai2.gif

• Like 1

Going by his TV "name" he probably finds all girls ugly.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

R U sure that he "bends over" for guys? Dark skinned girls are stunning. Some of them just don't know it.-laugh.png

Edited by sirchai

Maybe he is Thai? or Chinese?