Nurses apologise for photo with slain Thai officer

webfact

So you are saying it is OK for soldiers to murder prisoners, but some ugly joke must be punished with all force?

And that is the best way to increase understanding between Buddhists and Muslims?

Stop making things up, you're starting to sound silly.

Where did I say this?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thais use this v sign with the fingers all the time - Maybe these nurses are muslim. Thais usually have no sense of what they are flashing the sign to mean. Thais don't generally know how to be themselves for photos so they flash the sign.

The Japanese do it too, a mindless, meaningless gesture, like so much the Japanese do, e.g., bowing, about as insincere as it can be. Even kids as young as 3/4 do it when a pic is being taken of them.

I wouldn't take it to mean anything, but just taking pics of a dead person, particularly a soldier who dies violently just doing his job and serving the community, it is far worse than poor taste. I see it more as a serious immaturity problem for them though.

I don't think they'd be fired in many countries though, just dragged over the coals, and warned over their gross stupidity.

Edited by F4UCorsair

Ha! Apologize cos they got caught. This is Thailand in a nutshell.

The thing is that you can't help believing that she has a beaming smile behind the mask.

What type of person acts like this? Does she have an agenda? Why take this photo? Disgusting, disgusting....

Based alone on patient confidentiality these bozos should have been canned on the spot. Any other country and they would have been black listed for life!

Not aware of the situation..............and they are from the South.

Are they aware of the situation as nurses? God spare anybody from going under their care.

sad.pngsad.pngsad.png

Absolutely, wouldn't want to be wheeled into surgery by them. sad.png

It's not that they should be sacked, but rather they must be sacked.....don't want this scum looking after patients.

So they MUST be sacked and the Tak Bai soldiers who murdered got promoted.

And than the people in Bangkok ask themself why Southern Muslims want to sepperate from Thailand.

What they did is distgusting, but they did not murder anyone.

Of course they must be sacked. Gross professional misconduct. you cant bring a " oh yeah but...." into it. Their action has to stand on its own "merit".

And if you sack them, you replace them with who? In a muslim area where they frequently shoot Buddhist teacher and shop owner?

It is easy to be angre and demand they are sacked, but the situation there is very difficult.

Sacking would end with the already bad health system in the south has 2 nurses less and service getting worse.

While the muslims have another example of double standards.

• Like 1

Going by the photograph I would assume they are muslim and the moment of has overcome them. Anyway still disgusting regardless of religion and they should be fired and never be allowed to work with the sick and injured again as they obviously find it funny and have a total lack of caring.

What happened to the oath that nurses take. I realise their are a number of different versions but the words are of the same effect.

"I will go into them for the benefit of the sick and will abstain from every voluntary act of mischief and corruption; and further from the seduction of females or males, bond or free".

http://www.countryjoe.com/nightingale/pledge.htm

Might not be the only type of oath not followed to the letter...whistling.gif

So they MUST be sacked and the Tak Bai soldiers who murdered got promoted.

And than the people in Bangkok ask themself why Southern Muslims want to sepperate from Thailand.

What they did is distgusting, but they did not murder anyone.

Of course they must be sacked. Gross professional misconduct. you cant bring a " oh yeah but...." into it. Their action has to stand on its own "merit".

And if you sack them, you replace them with who? In a muslim area where they frequently shoot Buddhist teacher and shop owner?

It is easy to be angre and demand they are sacked, but the situation there is very difficult.

Sacking would end with the already bad health system in the south has 2 nurses less and service getting worse.

Sorry H90 but if someone is guilty of gross misconduct, they are sacked.... If you retain them because nurses are 'thin on the ground' in the south, it sends out a wrong message that anyone can get away with it.

But I doubt there is a shortage of nurses in the south anyway. There are plenty in the hospitals I was in down there, more nurses than patients actually.

• Like 1

Wait wait wait. They live in Narattiwat and were not aware of the situation down there? thumbsup.gif

They should lose their licenses.

Wonder what the family of that bomb disposal HERO thinks of this situation?sad.png

And if you look at the muslim head nurse behind her, busy as bee on her dam_n phone, deleting any new LINE uploads she inadvertently uploaded.whistling.gif

Stark contrast between the two head nurses behind this idiot.

but you also don't know what family/friends she might have lost already, murdered from the army. Only think for Tak Bai and Thaksins remark that they died because they were weak because of the Ramadan.

By taking her licence and not taking any actions at the Tak Bai murders you won't show the muslims that they are equal treated.

Yeah right. That would excuse it wouldn't it - rubbish. Look at her eyes in the disgraceful photo - full of laughter, fun and enjoyment. Once caught, so sorry, full of remorse and promise not to be naughty again.

This is about showing professional people working in a very personal ethical profession that inappropriate behavior like this should and will not be tolerated. The 3 nurses involved should be severely disciplined. This is just not acceptable behavior in a hospital operating theater where professional practice and discipline are required at all times. Nothing to do with outside influences - do your job professionally, or get out.

• Like 1

Wait wait wait. They live in Narattiwat and were not aware of the situation down there? thumbsup.gif

Wonder what the family of that bomb disposal HERO thinks of this situation?sad.png

And if you look at the muslim head nurse behind her, busy as bee on her dam_n phone, deleting any new LINE uploads she inadvertently uploaded.whistling.gif

but you also don't know what family/friends she might have lost already, murdered from the army. Only think for Tak Bai and Thaksins remark that they died because they were weak because of the Ramadan.

By taking her licence and not taking any actions at the Tak Bai murders you won't show the muslims that they are equal treated.

Yeah right. That would excuse it wouldn't it - rubbish. Look at her eyes in the disgraceful photo - full of laughter, fun and enjoyment. Once caught, so sorry, full of remorse and promise not to be naughty again.

This is about showing professional people working in a very personal ethical profession that inappropriate behavior like this should and will not be tolerated. The 3 nurses involved should be severely disciplined. This is just not acceptable behavior in a hospital operating theater where professional practice and discipline are required at all times. Nothing to do with outside influences - do your job professionally, or get out.

I totally agree, and for the record, I am pretty sure they are in the mortuary, because the soldier is lying on an autopsy gurney. Which if correct, I would say was worse, and conclusive that they knew exactly what they were doing.

• Like 1

to assume they would stop to THINK about the consequences of their actions is a misunderstanding of how the brains of many daydreaming young thais live their off through the lens of the fiction of television series and their virtual lives on facebook

i would have guessed "nurses" in an intensive care unit would have a bit more sense but then i'm quite new to thailand...

• Like 1

So you are saying it is OK for soldiers to murder prisoners, but some ugly joke must be punished with all force?

And that is the best way to increase understanding between Buddhists and Muslims?

Stop making things up, you're starting to sound silly.

Where did I say this?

What do you mean "starting too ..... " whistling.gif

It's ludicrous to link past events with this stupid silly low class behavior. Nurses behaving like this in any civilized country would be fired. Trying to excuse it because previous events might have upset them - what nonsense.

• Like 2

I just wonder. Is it really accepted that anyone can take photos in a Thai hospital ? Is it acceptable to bring photo equipment in to the ICU ? This is a hospital, not a zoo. Actually in many zoo`s they have restrictions on where to take photos. wai2.gif

Well judging by their attitude on show for the world to see I would imagine that no matter the state of the health service down there I reckon it would be better off without nurses such as this who express such a abhorrent attitude. It wouldn't take a huge stretch of the imagination to think that those same nurses wouldn't give the level of care required of the innocent Buddhist teacher or shopkeeper you mentioned as solidarity for their Muslim brothers.

In my extremely humble opinion I think that your understandable and deep seated loathing of Thaksin as evidenced by your posts causes you to consider anything anti-Thaksin, no matter how tenuous or reprehensible, as justifiable. Sorry.

• Like 2

All I see in that photo is 2 Thai girls in a photo doing what every Thai girl does when the see a camera.

The real question lies in why the photo is being taken in front of a body.

IF the dead body is of a man considered to be a hero then it's just possible that they want their photo taken with him and see this as their last chance.

Of course, for so many people, the fact that they may be of the muslim faith seems to change everything.

The suggestion by many is that they are happy to see this man dead and the photo is a celebration of his death, if that's the case then it's truly disgusting.. however for my mind it's inconceivable that anyone could choose to be a nurse and think that way. The only evidence put forward for that theory is that they are possibly muslim, and it's not evidence at all of their intent.

Actually the person with the camera is the one who needs to be investigated.. show a camera to any Thai girl and they will pose in a similar manner.. if the background seems tasteless then consider that for a nurse it's just their normal workplace.

• Like 1

IF there was a way to determine professional behaviour,

The overall workforce would be reduced to an alarming level...

IF...

I'm just curious, why the camera in the first place. How did the photo get on to internet? Where was it shown first? That might answer a lot of other questions about the intent.

I just get the feeling these Nurses were not being silly but giving the sign as one down more to go. They are Nurses that have been told to work in that Hospital I do not think this is a case of they volunteered to treat wounded Thai soldiers or police officers. Just my feeling