Shocking Price Rises At Phoenix Golf Club Pattaya

golfmadstudent

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update:

To date 208 sets of members documents have been forwarded to both the CPB and Phoenix management. The CPB have called the Phoenix GM for an informative meeting on either the 12th or 13th February to be followed by a further meeting by the 20th February between all parties and their legal advisors.

What was the percentage of Farang, Japanese, Korean and Thai and other membership docs that were submitted from a membership of 1300 aprox?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Hey All,

Thought I'd share something. I went to Phoenix 2 times this past week to get some free putting and chipping practice on their practice green. I was there about 1:00 pm and both days the golf course had very few players. Today I counted 12 cars and 2 minivans in the parking lot and for the 90 minutes I was there I saw only 5 people tee off. Looking over the golf course I could hardly see anyone playing. I asked the starter why there were so few golfers and he said, pang gunbai, which means, too expensive. I have no idea whether or not our boycott will make any difference but the new owner must be very upset with the lack of play. Too bad for her!
Secondly, I wanted to tell you about Century Pattavia which many of you have played already. It's a redone golf course that recently opened and provides great value. Green fee 600 baht. But that's not what I want to tell you. From the first time we played Century we have been welcomed by their GM whose name is Khun Uthai. A wonderful Thai man who speaks great English but more importantly is a perfect customer relations man for Chang Beer, the new owners. He greets the golfers as they arrive and thanks us for coming and playing the golf course. Shortly after meeting him he asked if we had any suggestions. I asked if they could provide diet drinks in their restaurant. A week later they had coke zero in the facility. A few weeks later, after playing, we were recovering from the super fast greens when he again asked for suggestions. We told him the greens were too fast and a week later the greens had considerably more grass and had slowed down. Last week one of our friends brought his girlfriend to the course and was told he had to pay 500 baht for her to ride. When we asked Khun Uthai if he could reduce the price for this, he completely waived the fee!! The course will open a beautiful new clubhouse soon and we were told they would increase the green fee a whole 100-200 baht. Now that's reasonable!! I'm not trying to promote Century. It's the contrast in the treatment we've received at Century versus what we experience at some other golf courses that is so pleasing.
Compare this with the new owners at Phoenix and their complete lack of communication or consideration for the members and it's not surprising that only a few people are playing there now. Also, I'd like to thank those that have supported our Wednesday golf group. We've had a great time and usually about 12-16 golfers participate. Hope you join us in the future and let's hope we see some changes at Phoenix so we can play there again soon.

Greens too fast....w00t.gif

Hey All,

Thought I'd share something. I went to Phoenix 2 times this past week to get some free putting and chipping practice on their practice green. I was there about 1:00 pm and both days the golf course had very few players. Today I counted 12 cars and 2 minivans in the parking lot and for the 90 minutes I was there I saw only 5 people tee off. Looking over the golf course I could hardly see anyone playing. I asked the starter why there were so few golfers and he said, pang gunbai, which means, too expensive. I have no idea whether or not our boycott will make any difference but the new owner must be very upset with the lack of play. Too bad for her!
Secondly, I wanted to tell you about Century Pattavia which many of you have played already. It's a redone golf course that recently opened and provides great value. Green fee 600 baht. But that's not what I want to tell you. From the first time we played Century we have been welcomed by their GM whose name is Khun Uthai. A wonderful Thai man who speaks great English but more importantly is a perfect customer relations man for Chang Beer, the new owners. He greets the golfers as they arrive and thanks us for coming and playing the golf course. Shortly after meeting him he asked if we had any suggestions. I asked if they could provide diet drinks in their restaurant. A week later they had coke zero in the facility. A few weeks later, after playing, we were recovering from the super fast greens when he again asked for suggestions. We told him the greens were too fast and a week later the greens had considerably more grass and had slowed down. Last week one of our friends brought his girlfriend to the course and was told he had to pay 500 baht for her to ride. When we asked Khun Uthai if he could reduce the price for this, he completely waived the fee!! The course will open a beautiful new clubhouse soon and we were told they would increase the green fee a whole 100-200 baht. Now that's reasonable!! I'm not trying to promote Century. It's the contrast in the treatment we've received at Century versus what we experience at some other golf courses that is so pleasing.
Compare this with the new owners at Phoenix and their complete lack of communication or consideration for the members and it's not surprising that only a few people are playing there now. Also, I'd like to thank those that have supported our Wednesday golf group. We've had a great time and usually about 12-16 golfers participate. Hope you join us in the future and let's hope we see some changes at Phoenix so we can play there again soon.

Greens too fast....w00t.gif

Heaven help us if you actually had to try & hit your shot to a particular area of the green Much better to just get the greens slowed down so the skill level is reduced when playing. They are comparatively small greens to most courses' & the speed is part of their defense.

Pattavia has some of the best greens in the area, and they can be quite fast, whereas the majority of courses are unable to get their greens up to any similar speed.

If you can't handle the speed, better to go to somewhere like Plutaluang, and leave the fast greens to the golfers who enjoy the challenge, rather than removing part of the course's character.

"let's hope we see some changes at Phoenix so we can play there again soon." and so say all of us !! Make sure you tell Khun Uthai so the greens can be returned to what they should be to return Pattavia to it's glory !!

"

What was the percentage of Farang, Japanese, Korean and Thai and other membership docs that were submitted from a membership of 1300 aprox? "

The submission of details from our group numbered 310. Of these approx. 280 were foreign, 4 Korean and the remainder Thai.

There were additional submissions from a Thai members group and a Korean business group.

I have just noticed on the 2014 golf maps that you see all over,that show all the golf clubs local to Pattaya produced by Tha-ger line golf,that Phoenix no longer shows on the listing or on the map.Phoenix to all the visitors to Pattaya no longer exists it has gone.Well done Thai-ger line.They deserve some e mail congratulations,perhaps the Phoenix action group would like to point out to the powers that be at Phoenix that they are no more they are but a memory

I have just noticed on the 2014 golf maps that you see all over,that show all the golf clubs local to Pattaya produced by Tha-ger line golf,that Phoenix no longer shows on the listing or on the map.Phoenix to all the visitors to Pattaya no longer exists it has gone.Well done Thai-ger line.They deserve some e mail congratulations,perhaps the Phoenix action group would like to point out to the powers that be at Phoenix that they are no more they are but a memory

Not on their website it isn't.

http://www.thaigerlinegolf.com/thailand_golf_map_chonburi_pattaya.php

I neither looked on there website or suggested anything about there website,I only commented about there golf guide.

Not on their website it isn't.

http://www.thaigerlinegolf.com/thailand_golf_map_chonburi_pattaya.php

• 2 weeks later...

The management of Phoenix Gold Golf & Country Club are still dragging their heels after the board met at the start of March to decide on the validity of members and their rights. This is especially disappointing in the light of their legal representative stating that once proof of membership was established, decisions would be swift.
It would seem that the board is not interested in the members or their rights.

The management of Phoenix Gold Golf & Country Club are still dragging their heels after the board met at the start of March to decide on the validity of members and their rights. This is especially disappointing in the light of their legal representative stating that once proof of membership was established, decisions would be swift.

NEWSFLASH !!

"It would seem that the board is not interested in the members or their rights."

What a fine grasp of the bleeding obvious you have struck on there.

Where to from here ?? Perhaps, some name calling & teeth gnashing !!

Remember folks, you heard it here first !! (or not)

Your time of month again I see Thaijett.

Are you not taking the menstrual medicine as prescribed?

NEWSFLASH !!

"It would seem that the board is not interested in the members or their rights."

NEWSFLASH !!

You are very obviously a troubled person thaipet, dropping the capital T is deliberate because nothing about you could possibly be important,have you thought about taking up knitting or netball anything to help you work towards a less irritating life.

I think many people need to learn from the Tony's Gym experience.

Lifetime membership does not necessarily last a lifetime in Thailand.

Yes, shout a bit.

Yes negotiate for as good an outcome as you can get.

But eventually move on. When a club does not want you its no good holding on until the bitter end.

I think many people need to learn from the Tony's Gym experience.

Lifetime membership does not necessarily last a lifetime in Thailand.

Yes, shout a bit.

Yes negotiate for as good an outcome as you can get.

But eventually move on. When a club does not want you its no good holding on until the bitter end.

Finsbury some of the guys that have bought lifetime memberships,For I believe quite large sums, had the future sale of there membership as a nest egg for when they could no longer play golf.What Phoenix Gold have done is both illegal and very wrong.I think if they had put moderate increases in place the membership would have accepted it.I by the way am not a member but I support the members against a great injustice.I also have no problem with folks like yourself making sensible comment. Edited by Fisherman194

Phoenix members bought a share in a company. They are stockholders and not 'lifetime members'.

Please note the slight difference. A shareholder cannot just be told, that his share goes back to 'who?' after 25 years.

The trouble is that all the "members" are minority shareholders in what I guess is an unlisted company.

Even in the UK those shareholders do not have extensive rights and such holdings are not popular for precisely that reason.

The unfair treatment of members is only part of the story.Many many caddies had no choice but to try and find other courses to work at,meaning that the glut of available caddies reduced not only Phoeinix caddies incomes but other caddies incomes.The number of laundry staff maintenance staff cloakroom staff have all been reduced.Suppliers to Phoenix have had there incomes reduced in many areas drinks food golfing gear will have much reduced sales.Even the little shops on the way to the course selling golf balls etc.The new owners at Phoenix have a lot to answer for.

FYI Phoenix members:

With Songran ceasing at the weekend and people returning to work, meetings are being set up with the Consumer Protection Board and the GM for the latter part of next week.

The campaign continues ......

FYI Phoenix members:

With Songran ceasing at the weekend and people returning to work, meetings are being set up with the Consumer Protection Board and the GM for the latter part of next week.

The campaign continues ......

It seems there is a Thai protest group that has filed a complaint with the Bangkok Consumer Protection Board,It is hoped that the two factions will join forces adding further strength to the fight against the injustice and total disregard to members rights.

Even with ongoing communications between our group and the GM of Phoenix, he was "neglectful" in passing on the information of a further case against Phoenix accepted by the Consumer Protection Board in Bangkok. Contact is underway with a view to co-operation.

I see the marketing campaign for the vacant Phoenix lots has appeared and the prices have risen.

post-26901-0-36557400-1398597003_thumb.j

• photo-189245.gif?_r=1381377850
  • Advanced Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 2013-10-05 17:53:12

1 rai B 5,950,000 – 2 rai B 11,700,000

Phoenix Golf Club has recently been bought and overtaken by new owners which has seen impressive and immediate upgrading work commencing on the club house, golf courses and surrounding area, it does not need us to explain the value and potential of this beautiful plot of land that is positioned facing the course.

Facing the Golfing greens
Good plot sizes
Great location for living or renting
Expensive houses already exising within the complex
Only 15 mins drive to the beaches and city

If you are serious about owning a house on the golf course then you must consider these plots â they dont come up every day!

The post 1 and 2 Rai Land Plots for Sale in Phoenix Golf Pattaya – Sales Price from 5,950,000 THB appeared first on Thailand Property.

View the full article

Edited by bartpix

It would seem with recent dealings with the management of Phoenix that they are determined to drag out affairs as long as possible. The saving grace on members part is that they have the law on their side and management are attempting to subvert existing members entitlements. The only fly in the ointment is that, by members paying the Baht 24,000 fee, they agree to all of the new stipulations including loss of lifetime member status etc. So, members do be aware of your entitlements.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI:

Find below as outlined, the result of a case in a Bangkok Court received just a week ago.

“A golf club in Bangkok sold 30 years memberships for the price of 500,000 Baht and gave the members written Rules and Regulation which stated, among others, that the members could always play for free and that by signing for receipt of these Rules and Regulations the members accepted to obey any future rules.

After the golf course was completed and the costs for maintenance were higher than expected the owner changed the Rules and Regulation so, that the members had to pay a green fee of 240 Baht per 18 holes round of golf. The owner said, that the members had to accept this because they had signed to obey any future rules.

The members did not accept this and went to Court saying that they had the right to play for free and this right could not be violated or changed unilaterally and with future rules is only meant rules related to the technical use of the course.

The Court accepted the member’s concept and so did the Court of Appeal.”

So also Phoenix cannot violate or unilaterally change our rights.

• 3 weeks later...