Shocking Price Rises At Phoenix Golf Club Pattaya

golfmadstudent

The new compulsory (1 person) cart requirement adds a new and expensive

fee to the mix. Management is adamant about this change. The silly, new owner

bought around 250 new carts to maximize revenue without considering

how much demand there actually is. Meanwhile, about 150 of the old carts have

been put out to pasture, decaying in the elements for the last 3 months.

Even with sport day rates, the extra cart fee will make the package noncompetitive.

When cart path rules are put into effect, the issue is compounded by the further

inconvenience.

It may not be viable for the new owner either. Lack of due diligence, no consultation,

questionable business plan, twisted priorities, hostile intent, stubborn refusal to negotiate,

head in the sand.

The ridiculous transfer fee issue is important, but to have something viable to sell and

transfer, our primary goal is to roll all fees back to October, 2013. When course

renovations, and infrastructure improvements have been completed, reasonable fee

increases could be introduced with due respect for market conditions. Illegal and/or

hidden charges will be contested.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reside on the course and have been monitoring the situation daily.

Then, Polar V, likely you saw me hacking my way around Phoenix on 11 January 2014.

Wish I had seen this thread before heading out there. I paid about 3500+THB, and gagged doing so. It was too late in the day to travel to any other course, so I was stuck. Last played there a year earlier, and it was 2000THB, which I already thought was overpriced.

One thing not mentioned in this thread that I wanted to add: the greens were inconsistent and in poor shape, with a heavy and uneven coating of sand on many. With prices like that, you should get superb, not muny quality, greens.

it's a shame, as the place is really convenient to Pattaya, and is a good track.

I skipped it on subsequent rounds, heading up to a favorite, Bangpra, for a couple rounds, where the greens are superb.

Jacknyc, I am sorry that you did not see the online reaction from existing Phoenix members prior to your playing Phoenix. But rest assured that there is a growing awareness among the regular + yearly golfers in this area to the penal reaction by Phoenix management as regards existing members and guests. And we are in negotiation with same to return to a sensible solution.

Any of us who have been in business previously realise that you MUST retain your existing members while you endeavour to expand your ongoing base.

I am sure that sense will prevail eventually.

Correlated details of membership as supplied by the interested members have been forwarded to Phoenix management and the Consumer Protection Board. Once the details have been verified and matched to the original shareholders we will have movement. It seems that while SCB were in charge that few of the changes in share ownership were registered.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

To date 208 sets of members documents have been forwarded to both the CPB and Phoenix management. The CPB have called the Phoenix GM for an informative meeting on either the 12th or 13th February to be followed by a further meeting by the 20th February between all parties and their legal advisors.

Those of you that are residents of Phoenix, how busy is the course these days?

. Whilst not a resident of the course,I went there recently at 1-30pm on a Sunday,there was a total of 22 vehicles on the car park,including 3 vans.The course itself was very quiet I saw 3 groups come off all Korean or Japanese.No one started a round in the hour we were there. I think without doubt the boycott is having a major affect.

Business at Phoenix continues to decline. At 11:00 A.M. there were

6 vans from Bangkok, very few customer cars, and no big buses in the

parking areas. From 7:00-11:00 today, only 20 golfers were seen playing

on the Mountain course. Most days there is so little afternoon business

that the water sprinklers are turned on at 1:00 P.M.

The shocking prices and the punitive compulsory cart requirement continue

to drive local golfers to the better value offered at the other nearby

golf courses. Phoenix continues to plan to renovate the remaining 18 holes

(mountain and lake) during the coming low (rainy) season. Golfers will then

have even less reason to pay the excessive prices at Phoenix.

Even members who paid the new extortionate annual fee are having second

thoughts. Having been misinformed by Phoenix management, they are now

learning how expensive the new prices are, and how restrictive their

privileges are under the Golden Rules. Hopefully, they will soon see

the light, vote with their feet, and support the boycott.

The shocking prices and the punitive compulsory cart requirement

the excessive prices at Phoenix.

misinformed by Phoenix management,

how expensive the new prices are,

how restrictive their privileges are

Give it a rest mate.

You are like a broken record.

The shocking prices and the punitive compulsory cart requirement

the excessive prices at Phoenix.

misinformed by Phoenix management,

how expensive the new prices are,

how restrictive their privileges are

Give it a rest mate.

You are like a broken record.

. Finsbury you don't have to read this thread,your comment is not needed.

Here are a few numbers to play with: 23,850 shares at Baht 5,000 is 119,250,000 Baht capital.

This was probably what land, construction and clubhouse cost 20 years ago? Somebody told me, he paid 70,000 for a share 15 years ago, which would set the value at 1,67 billion? Just for the golf course, not the land of the residences. Numbers would add up, if 1 membership had 10 shares at 5,000 Baht = 50,000 Baht initially. The club could then have 2,385 members, which would be high for 27 holes, but 23,850?

Take the 24,000 Baht annual fee x 23,850, it would give You an annual budget of 572 Million Baht. Not very realistic, is it?

57 Million would be more like it. The result of these numbers? The shares were tenfold overpriced when issued, but nobody really paid attention, myself included.

Bartpix did you not see the later report ? It seems that the cheque bounced ! The reason stated was that some of her investments were performing badly.

No problem !! I think it would be a good idea to put the cart fee at Phoenix Gold up another 100 Baht !! thumbsup.gif

OhOH !!!

BAD news in the Pattaya Mail of today !!!

Like rats from a sinking ship, only this time they are boarding said ship !!!

I will leave 1 of your group to post the relevant article (if you want). Just in case it commences a flood of deserters from your oh so noble cause.

Edited by thaijett

OhOH !!!

I will leave 1 of your group to post the relevant article (if you want). Just in case it commences a flood of deserters from your oh so noble cause.

Firstly you are a very sad and I suspect lonely man,you are undoubtedly struggling to find something useful to do with your time. To enlighten you that article was written by an equally sad man that can't find anyone to play with.He broke the boycott of Phoenix and in spite of posting notices all over still can't find anyone to play with him. So go away and try and think of something to post that's remotely interesting.

OhOH !!!

Firstly you are a very sad and I suspect lonely man,you are undoubtedly struggling to find something useful to do with your time. To enlighten you that article was written by an equally sad man that can't find anyone to play with.He broke the boycott of Phoenix and in spite of posting notices all over still can't find anyone to play with him. So go away and try and think of something to post that's remotely interesting.

Oh !! Of course you are right, so I think this weekend I might go down to Phoenix Gold Golf Course & count the number of cars in the carpark, before returning home & posting the info on a Forum !! No doubt that would make me appear to be not a lonely, sad individual, despite me not being a member there !!

hahahaha keep em coming Grasshopper, in fact I might go down there BOTH Saturday & Sunday, TWICE the FUN !!! I will be the 1 in the comouflage gear, with black shoe polish under my eyes, so you might not see me !! but I will be there, lurking! watching! counting !!

OhOH !!!

Oh !! Of course you are right, so I think this weekend I might go down to Phoenix Gold Golf Course & count the number of cars in the carpark, before returning home & posting the info on a Forum !! No doubt that would make me appear to be not a lonely, sad individual, despite me not being a member there !!

hahahaha keep em coming Grasshopper, in fact I might go down there BOTH Saturday & Sunday, TWICE the FUN !!! I will be the 1 in the comouflage gear, with black shoe polish under my eyes, so you might not see me !! but I will be there, lurking! watching! counting !!

You need to get help or at least take your medication Edited by Fisherman194

> You need to get help or at least take your medication

Well said. But maybe it is better not to feed this troll.

For all we know, it might even be MG himself, LOL!

;-)

Your insight is amazing !!

amazingly WRONG !!

I truly hope that the rebellious Phoenix members have some better leaders than you & your lurker buddy. You couldn't lead a horse to water, & I will repeat, the forum is for BMs to put "their" views down +ive, -ive. If you only want your head nodding shelf corgis to comment, get your own web page & only give out the address/password to your cronies.

Otherwise, suck it up sweet pea, I am sure you have got some household chores for you to busy yourself with.

> You need to get help or at least take your medication

Well said. But maybe it is better not to feed this troll.

For all we know, it might even be MG himself, LOL!

;-)

Your insight is amazing !!

amazingly WRONG !!

I truly hope that the rebellious Phoenix members have some better leaders than you & your lurker buddy. You couldn't lead a horse to water, & I will repeat, the forum is for BMs to put "their" views down +ive, -ive. If you only want your head nodding shelf corgis to comment, get your own web page & only give out the address/password to your cronies.

Otherwise, suck it up sweet pea, I am sure you have got some household chores for you to busy yourself with.

. Thaipet.I wrongly assumed you were male,when obviously you are a girl,only a girl could be so childish and petty,perhaps you get silly when you are on your period.

Hi guys and maybe gals. This forum seems to have taken a nose dive with the last few posts. Let's try and keep to sensible posts and leave gutter sniping to less worthy causes.

. Glanville I totally agree its sad that Thaipet feels the need to make inane comments and interfere in a subject that he has no interest in.

Hey All,

Thought I'd share something. I went to Phoenix 2 times this past week to get some free putting and chipping practice on their practice green. I was there about 1:00 pm and both days the golf course had very few players. Today I counted 12 cars and 2 minivans in the parking lot and for the 90 minutes I was there I saw only 5 people tee off. Looking over the golf course I could hardly see anyone playing. I asked the starter why there were so few golfers and he said, pang gunbai, which means, too expensive. I have no idea whether or not our boycott will make any difference but the new owner must be very upset with the lack of play. Too bad for her!
Secondly, I wanted to tell you about Century Pattavia which many of you have played already. It's a redone golf course that recently opened and provides great value. Green fee 600 baht. But that's not what I want to tell you. From the first time we played Century we have been welcomed by their GM whose name is Khun Uthai. A wonderful Thai man who speaks great English but more importantly is a perfect customer relations man for Chang Beer, the new owners. He greets the golfers as they arrive and thanks us for coming and playing the golf course. Shortly after meeting him he asked if we had any suggestions. I asked if they could provide diet drinks in their restaurant. A week later they had coke zero in the facility. A few weeks later, after playing, we were recovering from the super fast greens when he again asked for suggestions. We told him the greens were too fast and a week later the greens had considerably more grass and had slowed down. Last week one of our friends brought his girlfriend to the course and was told he had to pay 500 baht for her to ride. When we asked Khun Uthai if he could reduce the price for this, he completely waived the fee!! The course will open a beautiful new clubhouse soon and we were told they would increase the green fee a whole 100-200 baht. Now that's reasonable!! I'm not trying to promote Century. It's the contrast in the treatment we've received at Century versus what we experience at some other golf courses that is so pleasing.
Compare this with the new owners at Phoenix and their complete lack of communication or consideration for the members and it's not surprising that only a few people are playing there now. Also, I'd like to thank those that have supported our Wednesday golf group. We've had a great time and usually about 12-16 golfers participate. Hope you join us in the future and let's hope we see some changes at Phoenix so we can play there again soon.