Thai editorial: What goes on in their minds?

webfact

It is Thai culture especially women to want to be in every photo. I have had many confrontations with my wife about her obsession to be in every photo to prove that she was there. I cannot hardly take a photo of scenery without her wanting to be in the photo. She is not alone in this as her friends and family are the same. Now when we vacation we take 2 cameras and I take photos of scenery and her and friends and family use other camera for their photos.

Nonsense with little substance; nothing to analyze other than findings solutions to less exposure to mind rot, like K pop, drama TV, and farcebook-and emphasis on things with more substance, character, and depth of thought-creativity, innovation. Back to social interaction, substance, getting out of the concrete walls.These things start at home and school, and involve role models who set the example. Until that happens, well....................

Edited by gemini81
  • Like 2

Very sad indeed. They only thing they could think in the presence of a corpse was to show that annoying two finger sign and take a photo hoping that they could show it to their friends later and post it on facebook.

Also, they needed others to point it out how inappropriate what they did was because they couldn't figure it out on their own.

• Like 1

The obsession with photos and face book is difficult to understand.

I am some what of a photo buff and often carry my camera hanging around my neck.

It is very common in Thailand for total strangers to come up to me and request that I take their photo and request that I post it on face book!

In other countries, people may actually get upset if they do not know you and you take their photo.

Here they seem to get upset if I am taking a photo of people at an event and they are not invited to be in the photo.

Sometimes people will just stand in front of what you are photographing in order to be photographed.

Unless it is a very attractive woman, I will often just pretend to take photos of those who request it.

What can you say about a country where most females have their own photo displayed on their cell phone and sit on their motor scooters for hours looking at their face in the mirrors?

• Like 1

I have a famous daughter who has a famous mother; my famous ex-wife, who remarried and now has a famous new husband and my daughter has a famous stepfather. They all live famously in famous part of NYC. Not a Thai among them. They are all as American as Apple pie. When my famous daughter married a famous guy from NYC they had 7 thousand photos posted on line and a full page spread in the famous New York Times.

And there they were in all their glory my famous daughter with her famous mother and famous new husband and famous step father all showing the V for Victory sign. Why dear God? What did they win?

• Like 2

It is Thai culture especially women to want to be in every photo. I have had many confrontations with my wife about her obsession to be in every photo to prove that she was there. I cannot hardly take a photo of scenery without her wanting to be in the photo. She is not alone in this as her friends and family are the same. Now when we vacation we take 2 cameras and I take photos of scenery and her and friends and family use other camera for their photos.

All the women I've ever met in Thailand wouldn't be seen dead at a photo opportunity with a dead person. (well they might consider it if they were dead, but certainly not alive in a photo with a dead person)!

In the age of " smart-phones" people seem to get dumber!!

No they were always like that, but now there are records of it.

A 10 years ago I had a long funny talk with a guy who was almost 100 year and he told me all the ugly stories from the village at that time.....kids that drank with 13, smoked, had a competition who can eat more salt, etc etc and the older one believed that before everyone was smarter......

It is not true...we are not getting better or worse of with the generations...

• Like 1

In the age of " smart-phones" people seem to get dumber!!

No they were always like that, but now there are records of it.

A 10 years ago I had a long funny talk with a guy who was almost 100 year and he told me all the ugly stories from the village at that time.....kids that drank with 13, smoked, had a competition who can eat more salt, etc etc and the older one believed that before everyone was smarter......

It is not true...we are not getting better or worse of with the generations...

There were only 3 important breakthroughs in history,

The Wheel, Fire, and Condoms (for those who should not have children)

ok..maybe beer.

Of course, by this time the nurses had had enough time to fine-tune their response - to say that the victory sign was a show of moral support to the victim and other security officers.

Could it be that the nurses are just too desensitised to the violence and killing in Narathiwat, Yala and Patani - where more than 5,000 people have been killed in the ongoing Malay-Muslim insurgency - that it led to this violation of their professional ethics?

No, because they actually saw it as a bona fide victory.

Very sad indeed. They only thing they could think in the presence of a corpse was to show that annoying two finger sign and take a photo hoping that they could show it to their friends later and post it on facebook.

Also, they needed others to point it out how inappropriate what they did was because they couldn't figure it out on their own.

If nothing else, Moslem nurses possibly celebrating the death of a Buddhist can't exactly be good for business.

You going to let one of these numb skull girls give you medication after this? They could be bloody Muslim fundamentalists for all anyone knows. Sorry, they should be at best, permenantly put on admin away from patients, at worst fired.

What goes on in their minds? I've given up worrying about Thais and their minds. Apparently they never mean to do anything, it's just that they do, and then it's your fault that you get offended. They run people over, they jump queues, the lie and bribe everyone, they get pissed, the drive like maniacs, but no one, but no one other than a Thai (normally an educated journalist or academic) is allowed to point this out or it is Thai bashing.

I mean honestly, people here walk their dogs out of the front gate of their house in order for the dog to shit on someone else's doorstep. No one, not anyone can see the insane lack of cost respect for the neighbourhood of this? And no one complains?

Thainess. Cute anarchy and permissiveness, with half a bottle of Johnnie black to salve your problems.

Edited by Thai at Heart
  • Like 2

Of nurses and Thainess.

As we Farangs who have lived in this country for years know: Thais can do no wrong.

Every time there is a subject of discussion about shortcomings of this society, Thais always go the route of: MAYBE... and there comes the palliative trying to justify and tone down the deed. Never do they accept that something done by Thais is wrong..

Thais are not evil nor bad people. They have been indoctrinated in their behavior for decades if not centuries.

In the case of these nurses displaying their 2 fingers meaning whatever they intended to express, I will go down their Thai MAYBE route.

1- Maybe the Thai nurses are Muslims and thus, expressing their glee that one less adversary is able to fight their brethren.

Maybe.

2- Nurses, the world over, for the most parts, after years of being exposed to the ravages of real life in ERs and the unenviable of hospital life become desensitized. Maybe.

3- Maybe they are just guilty of being blithering, thoughtless Thais in the commission of their Thainess. Maybe.

4- Maybe zealous politically corrected mod or censor will delete my comments here. Maybe.

5- Maybe Thainess is contagious. Maybe.

Well said, sometimes people go to ridiculous lengths to "maybe" things that are done here! It's very strange...very much like the cultural cringe that Aussies used to have when compared to people overseas?

It should be common sense that rules, but apparently, they lack professional skills and ethics. Perhaps all Medical Staff should get a Refresher Course.....thanks to these bimbos.

To add one more datum of indolence and lack of professional scientific attitude hear this:

I dated a lovely 30 year old nurse who had a Masters Degree. Fluent in English and worked in a Cancer ward in Siriraj Hospital, in Bangkok, where the King stayed for nearly 2 years..

The short lived relationship (about a week) was prompted by her lack of common sense.

She would come from the hospital, dressed in the uniform in which she had been in contact with hundreds of patients afflicted by a wide assortment of illnesses, 10 hours or more, she would either lay out in the sofa or on my bed because she was so tired.

It never entered her head that she was the carrier of pathogenic agents on her uniform.

7 days she came to my condo and 7 days she would repeat the same lack of appropriate behaviour for someone active in the medical field in a highly reputed hospital. I asked her to take her uniform off and take a shower before laying in bed or the sofa. She felt so offended every time.

I must explain that she did not do it out of malice or to irritate me but out of selfishness and low ethical conduct.

Obviously, "cross-contamination" was just a quote in the manuals she allegedly had to learn for her Masters.

Can we expect a higher standard of ethics from those nurses in the South?

Edited by pisico

Of course, by this time the nurses had had enough time to fine-tune their response - to say that the victory sign was a show of moral support to the victim and other security officers.

Could it be that the nurses are just too desensitised to the violence and killing in Narathiwat, Yala and Patani - where more than 5,000 people have been killed in the ongoing Malay-Muslim insurgency - that it led to this violation of their professional ethics?

No, because they actually saw it as a bona fide victory.

read the Koran as all the answers are in there

• Like 1

I have a famous daughter who has a famous mother; my famous ex-wife, who remarried and now has a famous new husband and my daughter has a famous stepfather. They all live famously in famous part of NYC. Not a Thai among them. They are all as American as Apple pie. When my famous daughter married a famous guy from NYC they had 7 thousand photos posted on line and a full page spread in the famous New York Times.

And there they were in all their glory my famous daughter with her famous mother and famous new husband and famous step father all showing the V for Victory sign. Why dear God? What did they win?

I clicked on "Like" but then I thought about it and decided that I Don't Like this post.

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!