For house owners

expatsupreme

If you are only worried about a laptop just back it up onto a few different media every now and then.

The moo baan I live in now is has excellent security and don't worry at all.....they don't even let someone in even if they produce ID. When I was trying to view it was a pain in the arse. ..... now I live here....very happy with the security.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

When I did my house hunting about 2 years ago, I was shown a house about 1 km away from a main road. The house was nice, only about 4 or 5 houses around in a large area surrounding by rice field. It was not expensive. I asked the agent about the security - robbery, etc. The agent told me it's ok cos CM, unlike some other cities, were quite free from such crimes. Well, I took his words for it, but I didn't buy the house cos I would need to travel 1 km on a 2 lane road with ditches on the sides. What if I got drunk one day driving home? You may just get unlucky one time and that was enough to do you in.

Better be in a gated community close to the main road. That's what I got in CM! I did the same in Bangkok, living in a gated community, and sold the plot I initially bought (using my friend 's wife's name) in an isolate location to build a house.

Btw, why don't you store all the vital information in thumb drives?

So in your opinion it is better to drive on a main road drunk.

I lived in a gated moo baam for two years never had a problem . Bought a piece of land in another moo baan not gated no secuirty I feel safe here I did install security bars for what ever good they will do . From what I have been told and have read most times they come in at night when your sleeping and come in through the roof. Fact of the matter is your never 100% protected from someone coming in your home . But you can lower your odds by purchasing a home that is not on the edge of the moo baan and make it appear someone is home ....

wow that is just scary, imagine waking up and 2 guys are in your home with guns, crazy stuff

i met an old guy in pattaya, who was in fact shot by a burglar, i saw the bullet scar near his left shoulder, he ducked luckily and kind of avoided the bullet hitting his head

the burglar just left him there, thinking he was dead, then the police just shot the burglar when they find out who he was, they told the old guy the court process will never do justice. Crazy stuff

but that was like 20 years ago when pattaya was more dangerous, but still, i am still scared from that story

so they lift the tiles on the roof and come through the roof hatchet in the ceiling?

Imagine hiding your laptop there

Expatsupreme,I think you worry too much about something

that most likely will never happen,just take the simple precautions,

i have suggested above ,and live your life.

regards Worgeordie

PS, you should be more worried about driving on the roads,

thats by far the biggest danger to your life in Thailand

Edited by worgeordie