National police chief affirms nothing to be alarmed by Samsen protesters

webfact

National police chief affirms nothing to be alarmed by Samsen protesters

PNPOL561101001000401.jpg

BANGKOK, 1 November 2013 (NNT) - National police chief, Pol. Gen. Adul Saengsingkaew, has been keeping a close watch on the Samsen protesters and affirmed that there is nothing to be alarmed about.

The national police chief has been keeping a close watch on the Samsen protesters, who are protesting against the blanket amnesty bill and led by one of the core leaders of the Democrat Party, Suthep Thaugsuban.

So far, Pol. Gen. Adul has affirmed that there is not much to worry about in terms of the current demonstration situation.

When asked about how prime minister Yingluck viewed the protest, the police chief responded by stating that Ms. Yingluck had stressed the importance for the police to maintain public safety and order.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-11-01 footer_n.gif

A load of contending buffers shuffling through the dance by large wealthy chinese merchants to control access to the trough.

Inconvenience to the public,taxpayer and traveller is of no concern to those who go clean round the Benz.

I 'm alright Nop,nothing to see here move along,imagine trying to obstruct and illegally occupy an Airport in China,KSR,USA or UK,but as all of us who have the pleasure to lurk hereabouts,peon foot soldiers as virtual intimidation is standard .

Should the forthcoming Preah Vear judgement appear bad for the regime let alone Prathet Thai I think the old coup mill will be dusted off.

For those who have not lived through endless coups ,they are always denied just up to the moment they occur.

They make littel difference other than some very stern faces on TV and of course reveal the Realpolitik that those with ultimate power are not the electorate.

• Like 1

Police predict small Democrat-led protest
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Police estimate that the Democrat-led anti-government protest at Samsen train station will not attract more than 30,000 people based on the size of the area.

Police Commissioner General Adul Saengsingkaew said the area where the protest against the Amnesty Bill is being held is small so the number of people joining it would be limited.

Moreover, Bangkokians participating the protest would go home after the protest ends so only about 200 people would stay overnight in the area.

Adul said his office has been in contact with the leaders of the protest to ensure peace. "Police are deployed in many spots to prevent anybody from smuggling weapons into the protest site as well as to provide safety for the palace, Government House and the Parliament," he said.

Meanwhile Pol Maj Gen Piya Uthayoh, spokesman for the Peacekeeping Centre, said that if the protests remain similar to those of the first day, he is sure that police will be able to handle the situation and there would be no need for reinforcements.

Police would also keep watch on the gathering of protesters led by Green Politics Coordinator Suriyasai Katasila, an anti-government activist. He is holding a meeting to consider the next moves this afternoon.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-11-01

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Police estimate that the Democrat-led anti-government protest at Samsen train station will not attract more than 30,000 people based on the size of the area.

Police Commissioner General Adul Saengsingkaew said the area where the protest against the Amnesty Bill is being held is small so the number of people joining it would be limited.

Moreover, Bangkokians participating the protest would go home after the protest ends so only about 200 people would stay overnight in the area.

Adul said his office has been in contact with the leaders of the protest to ensure peace. "Police are deployed in many spots to prevent anybody from smuggling weapons into the protest site as well as to provide safety for the palace, Government House and the Parliament," he said.

Meanwhile Pol Maj Gen Piya Uthayoh, spokesman for the Peacekeeping Centre, said that if the protests remain similar to those of the first day, he is sure that police will be able to handle the situation and there would be no need for reinforcements.

Police would also keep watch on the gathering of protesters led by Green Politics Coordinator Suriyasai Katasila, an anti-government activist. He is holding a meeting to consider the next moves this afternoon.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-11-01

That's small? 30k? How big was the biggest red or yellow shirt get together?

• Like 1

Opposition declares blanket protest against Amnesty Bill
By English News

13832918244260.jpg

BANGKOK, Nov 1 – Thailand’s opposition Democrat Party announced it would vehemently demonstrate round-the-clock against the Amnesty Bill which passed its third reading in the House of Representatives shortly before dawn today.

Democrat spokesman Chavanond Intarakomalyasut emphasised that the rally was to denounce the controversial bill granting blanket pardons to people charged with criminal and corruption charges.

He said the demonstration was in accord with the people’s basic right given by the Constitution and that the speedy passage of the Amnesty Bill witnessed the ruling Pheu Thai Party’s challenge against the people’s power.

The Democrat Party will fight in every way against the bill, both in Thailand and abroad, and it would seek Constitution Court clarification to determine whether the bill breaches basic human rights.

“We will carry on our movement non-stop until the government backs off. Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra must take responsibility if there is violence or injuries among the demonstrators,” said Mr Chavanond.

The opposition party’s rally near Samsen railway station, starting at 4 pm yesterday, entered its second day today.

The Interior Ministry ordered all district chiefs nationwide to put up billboards urging “national reconciliation” – wording which opponents defined as indirect support of the Amnesty Bill.

Siripong Hantrakul, Local Administration Department director general, acknowledged that the order was issued yesterday to all provincial administrations, instructing them to erect billboards in public places.

The order also attached samples of phrases to be printed on the boards and provincial officials were required to take photos of the boards and send back to the department by next Friday.

“The objective of the order is reconciliation in the nation. It is the right thing to do. The department has no other intention and the order is not mandatory,” he claimed.

He said the Interior Ministry would have to closely monitor the people’s movements and create understanding among them.

Shortly afterwards, Mr Siripong issued an urgent letter reversing his order, citing discrepancies in the wording.(MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-11-01

The Nation

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-11-01

That's small? 30k? How big was the biggest red or yellow shirt get together?

biggest yellow every reported was 550.000 when they took government house.

But to compare: A demonstration against the import of US beef in South Korea triggered a demonstration of over 1.000.000.

So 30K is weak, but it might get more over time and more on weekends....maybe

PTP is killing Thailands chanses to become a Democracy, sad, so sad.

Who knows, maybe it triggers events that make Thailand more of a Democracy in future.

Lets hope....

Beside I would prefer an undemocratic government like the Surayud government over the Shinawatra "Democracy"

• Like 2

If this is true Gen Adul then why :

CAPO not to expand ISA area to cover Sam Sen

BANGKOK, 1 November 2013, (NNT) – The Center for the Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO) has confirmed that the currently-imposed Internal Security ACT (ISA) in 3 districts of Bangkok will not be expanded to cover Sam Sen train station.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa....67#entry6987967

Looks like this rally is another big big flop blink.png

They will have to upgraded the food and the goodies to attract some more people...

What a loss of face unsure.png

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I would wait for the weekend before calling it a flop.

Looks like this rally is another big big flop Posted Image

They will have to upgraded the food and the goodies to attract some more people...

What a loss of face Posted Image

Yes, you are right.

The Dems probably booked a few busses to transport some paid rubber protesters for a free weekend in Bangkok.

Let's wait one or two days before to draw conclusions.

Sent from my iPhone...

Difficult to believe for some that in this case no one needs to pay anti-government protesters. So let's just ridicule the Dems.

Mind you, the red-shirts are at PT headquarters in a bloodthrowing contest to 'voice' their displeasure. I doubt that even you would suggest that maybe the Dems paid for thatrolleyes.gif

Yes, you are right.
The Dems probably booked a few busses to transport some paid rubber protesters for a free weekend in Bangkok.

Sent from my iPhone...

Yes, you are right.

Sent from my iPhone...

Well, I don't think that you need to pay rubber farmer, they are angry enough to come for free.

Difficult to believe for some that in this case no one needs to pay anti-government protesters. So let's just ridicule the Dems.

Mind you, the red-shirts are at PT headquarters in a bloodthrowing contest to 'voice' their displeasure. I doubt that even you would suggest that maybe the Dems paid for thatrolleyes.gif

Yes, you are right.

Sent from my iPhone...

Remember this

"Just read this

"Democrat MPs have erected extra tents along Kamphaeng Phet 5 road, from the intersection with Sethasiri road to the intersection with Nakhon Chaisri road."

None of your bloody business guys, but living somewhere along Nakorn Chaisri Rd. I foresee a bit more trafficjam than usual fro a Friday evening 20x20xsad.png.pagespeed.ic.7cckm4BQla.we"

Someone must be paying for the tents, they don't come free. As we have had examples of the sticking power of previous anti-government rallies when exposed to rain (those HiSo ladies hate it when their bouffant hairdos are exposed to the elements) this can only be seen as an aide to keeping them there once they've got them. I must say that blocking the train tracks so that they can get people to their rally was a bit extreme but who knows what the dems will do next. I wouldn't be suprised if a few rubber farmers haven't had their palms greased to spend a few days in the big metropolis and how much longer can the students hang around without a decent fight? They'll be off back to the Tech battlezones soon.

• Like 1

Yes, you are right.

Sent from my iPhone...

Remember this

"Just read this

"Democrat MPs have erected extra tents along Kamphaeng Phet 5 road, from the intersection with Sethasiri road to the intersection with Nakhon Chaisri road."

None of your bloody business guys, but living somewhere along Nakorn Chaisri Rd. I foresee a bit more trafficjam than usual fro a Friday evening 20x20xsad.png.pagespeed.ic.7cckm4BQla.we"

Someone must be paying for the tents, they don't come free. As we have had examples of the sticking power of previous anti-government rallies when exposed to rain (those HiSo ladies hate it when their bouffant hairdos are exposed to the elements) this can only be seen as an aide to keeping them there once they've got them. I must say that blocking the train tracks so that they can get people to their rally was a bit extreme but who knows what the dems will do next. I wouldn't be suprised if a few rubber farmers haven't had their palms greased to spend a few days in the big metropolis and how much longer can the students hang around without a decent fight? They'll be off back to the Tech battlezones soon.

On the PAD demonstrations people donated a lot....My wife always put a 5000 in. Even my staff donated a little bit. And every day they read for hours the names of people who donated with their name.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are some rich or some companies donate some bigger sums. Thaksin made a lot of enemies and killed a lot people.

• Like 1

Yes, you are right.

Sent from my iPhone...

More likely the Dem protests attract working people who will protest on their days off, rather than out of work thugs like the red shirts hire and fill full of santhip.

• Like 1

A load of contending buffers shuffling through the dance by large wealthy chinese merchants to control access to the trough.

Inconvenience to the public,taxpayer and traveller is of no concern to those who go clean round the Benz.

I 'm alright Nop,nothing to see here move along,imagine trying to obstruct and illegally occupy an Airport in China,KSR,USA or UK,but as all of us who have the pleasure to lurk hereabouts,peon foot soldiers as virtual intimidation is standard .

Should the forthcoming Preah Vear judgement appear bad for the regime let alone Prathet Thai I think the old coup mill will be dusted off.

For those who have not lived through endless coups ,they are always denied just up to the moment they occur.

They make littel difference other than some very stern faces on TV and of course reveal the Realpolitik that those with ultimate power are not the electorate.

"As the cannons roar and the ground shakes, I take little comfort from my Commander who reassures me from his distant bunker, that All is Well".

Benmart - 2556

Remember this

"Just read this

You reckon maybe the Democrats paid for the tents, seeing as they were the ones putting them up. Not much of a conspiracy there.