Horseback Riding In CM Or Around

muchogra

When I was young, I watched all the cowboy movies. Stars like Gary Cooper, Richard Widmark, Gregory Peck, etc, I still remember their faces till this date. Naturally, I've developed an affinity with horses. In the States, I went horseback riding sometimes. Horses didn't want to run riding out into the national forest. When they were coming back, they ran like crazy. One time, I almost got knocked off the mount by a tree trunk. Those times, it was like 9 dollars or 19 dollars an hour. It was a lot of money to us then as we were students.

Our son and his girlfriend are coming to visit us here in CM in a couple of months. His girlfriend is a horse lover and an avid rider. My wife bragged to her that I have already found a horse riding place while I had just mentioned to her that I saw a lot of horses in Mae Rim (inside the army compound), and some place on 121 near Hua Tong Tau Lake (spelling all screwed up here, I know). In fact, I know no place in CM, or around, where you can rent and ride a horse for short duration or longer trips! Do you know of any that you can recommend? Thank you in advance.

Thank you all for the help. Appreciate it.

I did in fact google before I came here to ask for help. I saw Thai Horse Farm but the place seems targeting tourist groups, where they pick them up and return back to their hotels. Invariably, like someone here has already mentioned, it's expensive. I think a one day trip, lasting about 7 hours, runs you B6,000.

I'm more interested in places where you can walk in, hire a horse to do some trail ride preferably in a natural environment. The link provided by "Thailand" is very helpful. I will explore more in that thread. Thank you all again.

half way on the road 1317 to the sankampaeng hot springs you find rigth side a western saloon. i think at this place you can rent a horse. at least drink a nice beer.

Tambon Rong Wua Daeng, Chang Wat Chiang Mai 50130, Thailand
18° 44.200', 99° 11.843'
  • Like 1