Yingluck calls for security for protesters against amnesty bill

webfact

Yingluck calls for security for protesters
The Nation

30218538-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- PRIME MINISTER Yingluck Shinawatra yesterday instructed security agencies to keep a close eye on protests against the amnesty bill, while police said the crowds in Bangkok were not likely to go beyond 30,000 in number as simultaneous rallies were expected to be held upcountry.

Yingluck said her government would respect the people's right to protest as sanctioned by the law.

"I have instructed relevant authorities to ensure the protesters' safety as well as to avoid clashes and other violent incidents," she said.

She added that the government would do its best to restore normalcy, though it was difficult at this juncture to predict how long the protests would last.

National police chief General Adul Saengsingkaew said the protesters had a limited area at the Samsen train station, and hence there should be no more than 30,000 participants. Also, since most of the protesters were Bangkokians, they would return home at night, leaving only 200 to camp out at the site, Adul said.

Some 40 companies of police have been deployed to ensure peace at the rally site as well as safeguard three important locations - Government House, Parliament and the Royal Palace, he said.

He said police had mapped out contingency plans should the rally organisers decide to have their supporters hold a street march or start moving their protest to different locations.

In addition to checking for weapons, police and rally organisers have agreed to ban all consumption of alcohol at the rally site.

Organisers were seen setting up additional facilities as they expected the crowds to surge in number last night in the wake of passage of the amnesty bill.

Democrats and other speakers at the rally continued attacking the Shinawatra family, including Yingluck and former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

Also, a number of villagers - such as a group of 200 from Surat Thani - have reportedly started boarding trains to join the rally at Samsen.

Police have beefed up security in several provinces in the South as a precaution to safeguard city halls and other government installations.

The Provincial Administration Department has also called off the plan for all district offices to put up banners supporting amnesty.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-11-02

"I have instructed relevant authorities to ensure the protesters' safety as well as to avoid clashes and other violent incidents," she said.

Even if they have to bash some heads to keep them safe.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 2

I wonder if the Dems are considering extending this the same way they Reds did in 2010. I wonder what would happen then once the 1st protestor is killed. I wonder if we'd then also see the lovely PM sitting in the dock next to Abhisit et all facing charges?

Goose . . . gander . . . learn from the past guys.

• Like 1

How smart she is :)

While the bill is being passed, the Dems and the yellows start organizing their battle full of hatred, the opponents cry foul and are ready to do whatever they can to turn the country into chaos, the usual TV members anxiously wait for troubles to arise... and Yingluck turns out again to be the appeasing person who is concerned by, and takes care of, the protesters' safety.

She really has a gift of being able to navigate so nicely in dangerous waters, surrounded by vicious sharks, and always end up safe and smiling...

I understand that it must turn her opponents rather crazy :)

Sent from my iPhone...

If you are not allowed to see the news, how can people know what is happening, no wonder there are protests, many sites are off the air.

Thai TV IN channel is operating but the 2 hour "rise and shine" breakfast news in English has been taken off, as well as the 7pm news,  news update on the hour is off the air.

Is the government afraid of the farrang voice ???? they must be worried stiff.

I also see that M.COT is or seems they are restricted in what news they show.  TIMES ARE BAD when news is being cut and censored.

Therefore there will be more protest because of censorship measures. 

You seem to think there is a conspiration out there...

You should learn Thai. There are many channels available.

You would also understand that if there is not much to see on TV it is because there is not much happening.

If you expect major disturbance I am afraid you will be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone...

How smart she is smile.png

While the bill is being passed, the Dems and the yellows start organizing their battle full of hatred, the opponents cry foul and are ready to do whatever they can to turn the country into chaos, the usual TV members anxiously wait for troubles to arise... and Yingluck turns out again to be the appeasing person who is concerned by, and takes care of, the protesters' safety.

She really has a gift of being able to navigate so nicely in dangerous waters, surrounded by vicious sharks, and always end up safe and smiling...

I understand that it must turn her opponents rather crazy smile.png

Sent from my iPhone...

Perhaps most people here seem to have the mental capacity to see the band of crooks and their self serving, unethical antics going on behind the useless figurehead you seem to be infatuated with.

• Like 1

How smart she is smile.png

I understand that it must turn her opponents rather crazy smile.png

Sent from my iPhone...

... the Dems, the yellows and the reds start organizing ...

• Like 1

If you are not allowed to see the news, how can people know what is happening, no wonder there are protests, many sites are off the air.

Thai TV IN channel is operating but the 2 hour "rise and shine" breakfast news in English has been taken off, as well as the 7pm news, news update on the hour is off the air.

I also see that M.COT is or seems they are restricted in what news they show. TIMES ARE BAD when news is being cut and censored.

You seem to think there is a conspiration out there...

You should learn Thai. There are many channels available.

You would also understand that if there is not much to see on TV it is because there is not much happening.

If you expect major disturbance I am afraid you will be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone...

You said I should learn Thai--are you a clairvoyant ??? I know about how many channels there are I have 3 dishes about 400 channels

You said there is not much happening cheesy.gifcheesy.gif you for real ???? There is major disturbance hadn't you noticed ?? you living in Mongolia ???

• Like 1

The lady has time and again mouthed the words for fairness, democarcy, good government, etc. It has become one of her many signatures speaches.

Why were 4 police officers (rumored to be friendly to democrats) transfered out of their districts of supervision, which just happen be where the anti goverment groups are meeting? The odds of all the various actions observed over the past few weeks, would certainly point toward a conscrated effort to accomplish some game plan which does not seem in the best intrest of the majority. I think we can eliminate foreigners as being behind it.

The skunk carries a offensive order, which taints those in close proximity. Family, qualify as being close in Thailand

• Like 2

Major? blink.png I really need magnifying glasses laugh.png (3 dishes? My God, you are a true TV freak) Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I didn't say I watched the TV much, just have a vast amount to choose from --easy.

You are in denial about the MAJOR upheaval going on now---- so in your words there seems to be------ no censorship--------no anti government movement spread over the country ???

AND YES I agree you DO need some glasses and a SCAN

Major? blink.png I really need magnifying glasses laugh.png (3 dishes? My God, you are a true TV freak) Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I didn't say I watched the TV much, just have a vast amount to choose from --easy.

You are in denial about the MAJOR upheaval going on now---- so in your words there seems to be------ no censorship--------no anti government movement spread over the country ???

I quickly go to buy the best magnifying glasses that I can find. Hoping that I can see something major happening :rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by gerry1011

I quickly go to buy the best magnifying glasses that I can find. Hoping that I can see something major happening rolleyes.gif

Ha Ha that would be futile, do not rush too quickly as you may bump into something. Have a word with the rubber farmers--have a word with the red shirts-the opposition -and finally 95 % of Thai Visa Forum posters. Suppose you think we are ALL from the same backgrounds and countries--all one way thinking. SORRY it seems it is YOU that cannot see wood for trees. This is a old Lincolnshire (uk) saying. referring to you my friend. " ya can't put nowt where there int nowt. Come on please I know your vision is o.k. so why be in denial ???? your entitled to your view, but yours seems to be a LITTLE off centre.

• Like 1

Major? Posted Image I really need magnifying glasses Posted Image (3 dishes? My God, you are a true TV freak) Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I didn't say I watched the TV much,   just have a vast amount to choose from --easy.

I quickly go to buy the best magnifying glasses that I can find. Hoping that I can see something major happening Posted Image

Ha Ha  that would be futile, do not rush too quickly as you may bump into something.  Have a word with the rubber farmers--have a word with the red shirts-the opposition -and finally 95 % of Thai Visa Forum posters. Suppose you think we are ALL from the same backgrounds and countries--all one way thinking.  SORRY it seems it is YOU that cannot see wood for trees.     This is a old Lincolnshire (uk) saying. referring to you my friend. " ya can't put nowt where there int nowt.     Come on please I know your vision is o.k. so why be in denial ????   your entitled to your view, but yours seems to be a LITTLE off centre.

Well well... Not sure what to say :huh:

You guys on this forum systematically predict coups, fall of the popularity of the government, mass (I mean mass, not tiny) protests, the army turning against Yingluck, the ascension of the Dems to their forever lost glory, the reds turning yellows, ... and never any of these absurd predictions actually materialize.

So I am not sure who is in the center...

• Like 1

I quickly go to buy the best magnifying glasses that I can find. Hoping that I can see something major happening rolleyes.gif

Ha Ha that would be futile, do not rush too quickly as you may bump into something. Have a word with the rubber farmers--have a word with the red shirts-the opposition -and finally 95 % of Thai Visa Forum posters. Suppose you think we are ALL from the same backgrounds and countries--all one way thinking. SORRY it seems it is YOU that cannot see wood for trees. This is a old Lincolnshire (uk) saying. referring to you my friend. " ya can't put nowt where there int nowt. Come on please I know your vision is o.k. so why be in denial ???? your entitled to your view, but yours seems to be a LITTLE off centre.

Well well... Not sure what to say huh.png

You guys on this forum systematically predict coups, fall of the popularity of the government, mass (I mean mass, not tiny) protests, the army turning against Yingluck, the ascension of the Dems to their forever lost glory, the reds turning yellows, ... and never any of these absurd predictions actually materialize.

Can you understand this, most posters would be more than happy if the said government were up to some good, it is because posters can see they are not achieving anything only disruption. Corruption is rife at all levels, Thai people are now becoming more aware of what they didn't see before. They were conned and you know it.

Please answer if you can looking at the achievements over the last 2 years---name them ????

I am not a DEM man I am for anyone who would be brave enough to kick out this corrupt lot and give Thailand a breath of fresh air.

With air headed idea's and a total disregard for the law , the PTP should be holding a risk assessment on the return of Thaskin Shinawatra ,that criminal refuge in Dubai, The Amnesty bill is purely designed with Thaskin in mind , no thought into what may happen when he's lordship returns to Thailand, (bang bang) , worrying times ahead for Thailand me thinks.bah.gif

How smart she is Posted Image

I understand that it must turn her opponents rather crazy Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone...

Cheers Gerry - you made me laugh and brightened the day ! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Thank you 3 times !!

Quite happy too :D

You guys need to cheer up a bit and be less depressed about a situation in which we have no say anyway :)

Thai TV IN channel is operating but the 2 hour "rise and shine" breakfast news in English has been taken off, as well as the 7pm news, news update on the hour is off the air.

I also see that M.COT is or seems they are restricted in what news they show. TIMES ARE BAD when news is being cut and censored.

I have e-mailed IN Channel twice asking why the news shows at 07.00, 12.00 and 19.00 suddenly disappeared but didn't receive an acknowledgement let alone an answer.

I put this down to the lack of decent business practice so prevalent in Thailand but as the top women at the station lived, and were educated, in the States I would have expected better. There seems no good consumer research reason that I can think of for dropping the news broadcasts as they were the only decent programmes on the channel.

• Like 1

I have e-mailed IN Channel twice asking why the news shows at 07.00, 12.00 and 19.00 suddenly disappeared but didn't receive an acknowledgement let alone an answer.

I put this down to the lack of decent business practice so prevalent in Thailand but as the top women at the station lived, and were educated, in the States I would have expected better. There seems no good consumer research reason that I can think of for dropping the news broadcasts as they were the only decent programmes on the channel.

I spoke about them being censored - it could be true, it was so sudden that is why I took that line. Had it been planned I am sure they would have announced the fact. as the 'Rise and shine" team were pretty good at reporting as well as having government critics speaking truths. I still get the feeling the news programs were axed because of ???/

Can you understand this, most posters would be more than happy if the said government were up to some good, it is because posters can see they are not achieving anything only disruption. Corruption is rife at all levels, Thai people are now becoming more aware of what they didn't see before. They were conned and you know it.

Please answer if you can looking at the achievements over the last 2 years---name them ????

I am not a DEM man I am for anyone who would be brave enough to kick out this corrupt lot and give Thailand a breath of fresh air.

Don't waste your breath asking Gerry1011 naming anything positive that Thaksin or his puppet have ever done for their voters, because he will not be able to answer it.

I asked him a similar question, and he never returned to that thread.Says a lot about his credibility.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/677688-red-shirts-disagree-over-the-amnesty-bill/?p=6974375

I'm gonna agree with you for once, on one condition..........

You post here what Thaksin has ever done good for this country,

• Like 1

Don't waste your breath asking Gerry1011 naming anything positive that Thaksin or his puppet have ever done for their voters, because he will not be able to answer it.

I asked him a similar question, and he never returned to that thread.Says a lot about his credibility.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/677688-red-shirts-disagree-over-the-amnesty-bill/?p=6974375

I'm gonna agree with you for once, on one condition..........

You post here what Thaksin has ever done good for this country,

I've come to the conclusion our G1011 is just a wind up merchant.

The answer to your last question--going to the Beijing Olympics.

• Like 1

I wonder if the Dems are considering extending this the same way they Reds did in 2010. I wonder what would happen then once the 1st protestor is killed. I wonder if we'd then also see the lovely PM sitting in the dock next to Abhisit et all facing charges?

Goose . . . gander . . . learn from the past guys.

No, because they would have to edit the bill again to extend the date past August 8th to include Yingluk's whitewash.

• Like 1