Police hunt gunman in attempted murder of ref

Lite Beer

Police hunt gunman in attempted murder of ref
The Sunday Nation

Metropolitan Police yesterday dispatched officers to hunt for the 31-year-old gunman Sukhum Daengkulwanich, who shot and injured Thai Premier League football referee Thanom Borikut in September. Police said they feared that as a key witness, he might be killed in order to cut links with those behind the attack.

Out of the three-wanted men, police now have in custody the getaway motorcycle rider Kosin Srinuankhan and the duo's alleged hirer Master Sergeant First Class Sirisak Janleung, who was reportedly hired by another person in the Northeast for Bt100,000.

Although Kosin confessed to his role in the crime, Sirisak, who surrendered to police last week, has maintained his innocence, leaving police wanting to talk to Sukhum.

As of now, Sukhum remains elusive with his relatives claiming that he has turned off both of his two cell phones - something they said he had never done before.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-11-03

• Like 1

Over the decades I've been at many football matches where thousands of fans chanting in unison have questioned the ref's parentage and suggested he was in fact a child born out of wedlock but this takes it all to a new level.

• Like 1

It is good to see that the police are hunting the gunman in the attempted murder of a football ref. I am sure in the near future an all out effort will be initiated by the AGO and DSI, to apprehend the persons which tried to assassinate PM Abhisit and the ones that assaulted the foreign diplomats in Pattahya. This type of actions would not be tolerated in Cambodia, why Thailand? whistling.gif

Edited by tomross46

These guys lost a lot in black sport gambling and ungry so much with ref.

Off course Master Sergeant First Class Sirisak Janleung is innocent, this is clear like the sunshine. hit-the-fan.gifcrazy.gif

Gambling ?? It is illegal in Thailand a guy told me at a Muay Thai boxing stadium.

These guys lost a lot in black sport gambling and ungry so much with ref.

Off course Master Sergeant First Class Sirisak Janleung is innocent, this is clear like the sunshine. hit-the-fan.gif alt=hit-the-fan.gif>crazy.gif

alt=crazy.gif>

Gambling ?? It is illegal in Thailand a guy told me at a Muay Thai boxing stadium.

You know the law! Innocent until proven guilty ! Of course on issue of BIB uniform you are automatically immune from prosecution !!!

Why hunt for these people?

The rest of the crooks are on the pitch and the box seats and elsewhere in the stadium. Go after them instead.

It is about as near-sighted (and typically Thai) as rummaging through a criminal convention in search a particular criminal, when the rest of them are all standing around looking sheepish and wringing their hands. Dumb!

I am quite certain that a lot of the assistance provided to these fine men in brown will be from the very ones who made the call and had their fingers in it.

The point is, everyone knows everyone, and you can't convince for one moment this is not true. The dead guy was a crook as well, and also stupid. He sold his soul a long time ago and he should not have chosen to get a conscience at this point in his life.

It is what it is. My opinion.

Next...!