I've Been Scammed

philipinphuket

Something about this story that just doesn't ring true.

B4000 for a train and bus to Pattaya, and she didn't want to fly because it would cost too much?? A quick check of Air Asia reveals under B2000 booking only a couple of days out. If I was asked for coin for any purpose, I'd run a reasonability check before parting with any, and that's for someone I knew and trusted.

She lost her purse, and you 'made the transfer' of a further B1800. Making the transfer implies to a bank account? Do that in Australia, and it won't be there until the next day (at the earliest), and that's only if it's transacted by 5.00 pm. The internet banking services indicate it could take up to two business days.

If true, I commend the OP for posting and having most think he's a fool, but after all, he's only a name on the net, so there's no loss there. It's almost an interesting story, but one that has happened thousands of times, and probably even posted here hundreds of times.

Nah, I don't think this actually happened.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would definitely say that girls like that can only fall for your wallet, not for you. Anyway boyo, it is good you posted here coz many boys out there can learn more about this together with interesting tips from members here. I found myself years ago in same shoes of yours. Lost more than 5,000 baht but had good time too with her. It's not about the money but the feeling of being duped. Get over it. Just a further lesson learned. Wish you Good Luck in your love life.

hey dude leave us boyo's out of it even we are not that stupid.whistling.gif

A permanent woman for life, not a bar girl

There are plenty of good women thaat worked in bars, funny, I have never been ripped off by a bargirl, at least with a bargirl you can talk to them, study them, find out if she is the one - what made you think for one minute some chick that posts on the Internet she is looking for a man was telling the truth...........you need to get out more like another posted recommends, learn to speak Thai, get a life.coffee1.gif

and a sense of humour too ! plus remember the good old Nat King Cole song ? It's All In The Game !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqUImQmqQ7s

post-83586-0-56301800-1383614618_thumb.j

Edited by Papadragon
  • Like 2

She lost her purse, and you 'made the transfer' of a further B1800. Making the transfer implies to a bank account? Do that in Australia, and it won't be there until the next day (at the earliest), and that's only if it's transacted by 5.00 pm. The internet banking services indicate it could take up to two business days.

In Thailand, same bank transfers are credited immediately, as well cash deposits to a third party account. Even receiving money from abroad is faster than in Western countries, credited the following day.

Edited by paz

Feel your pain OP. I was on one of the sites for well over a year back in 2009-2010. Quite cautious from the start. Had a few approach me in the same manner and I immediately shut them down. There were others I connected with, even met a couple of them at coffee houses in BKK. One was as she promoted but it wasn't a good fit. Two dates later and she was 'in love' asking to 'move in'. Heavy braking action.

Most I did speak with ended up being less than a quality use of my time. I vetted out many who were scams and immediately reported them. Got to a point where my intro questions were loaded to assess their level of honesty. Even funnier, I re-signed to one a few months ago and to my surprise MANY MANY were still there looking for "Ture Love" or "Good man take care" or "I'm simpal girl" (spelled as noted!). I SO wanted to pay for one month to ask each why they had not found their man now 2 years later. LOL!

Lessons learned.

Yes, the transfers were immediate, less than one minute. You you can do over the counter or by an ATM machine if you have a card, In this case "amazing Thailand" is true.

And/OR CDM machine..., without any card. Need only account #. splitting hairs but....,

In Thailand it works! Use the system this way.

You can send money from your Thai Bank account to another Thai Bank account with your ATM card, on a ATM, the money is immediately on the Bank account you sent it to, in seconds!

Same, if you send money in cash from a Bank branch, (there are a lot of them with GOOD opening times in Shopping centers all over the country to!)

to a Thai Bank account,, same, immediately there!

You can check that out if you have a Thai Bank account, deposit money on one of a Bank branches Cash deposit machines

and than check your Bankbook or your balance by ATM card at an ATM or by phone.

There in seconds! yes.gif

I just don't understand why you would post this. You make yourself look very silly doing this or you could be a troll like some others have said. I't kind of like look at my I am so stupid. You can not show a picture, her name or any other information about her. It's not like something like this is new. But it does amaze me how you fell for someone based on pictures and script without seen this person. I just find it so hard to believe you.

but maybe a warning to you all in case there are other idiots like me on thaivisa.

Most of us idiots are not so honest in our disclosures

I daresay most of us met and got to know the women before we spent any money on them, but 5800 Baht is not an expensive lession, if the lesson took hold.

I just don't understand why you would post this. You make yourself look very silly doing this or you could be a troll like some others have said. I't kind of like look at my I am so stupid. You can not show a picture, her name or any other information about her. It's not like something like this is new. But it does amaze me how you fell for someone based on pictures and script without seen this person. I just find it so hard to believe you.

Not everyone is ashamed to say to have been stupid. Actually I think it part of the process to get over it.

But maybe you're right, do not believe the OP, believe the scammer instead.

Hello Nowhereman, I posted her online name, real name, skype, facebook, telephone number and bank account details on here more than once but each time deleted by the moderators (I didn't know the rules about publishing personal details and got told off). Also a link to a very detailed account about this woman (after I found out the truth).

I am not a troll, neither am I a liar, I'm a real person who's got taken for a fool and not ashamed to admit it in the hope others may learn from it. A lot of the online responses have been quite understanding and sensible, I have obviously touched reality and a nerve more than once.

• Like 1

Thank you witawat, no fiction and this my first ever post on thaivisa

First ever post on Thaivisa??????? your profile shows 19 posts!!!!!!!!!

Woops I did not noticed this, so we've now three people for car sharing to "understand time and counters" school.

My protocol for online dating.

1.Small talk on the dating site.

2.Add on fb.....carefully study her timeline....photos...etc...if no fb available...abort!

Beware of very sparse timelines and photos..possible scammer.

3.Talk through skype

4.Meet in person

...at no point send any money...and IF requested, abort asap and move on.

skip 1, 2 and 3, stay sober.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a policy for myself. Never send money to anyone I have met on the internet that I have not met in person I too go to the dating sites and have gotten luck several times with ladies but there are scammers everywhere.

Just yesterday I met what I thought was a nice girl and within 5 minutes of the conversation she asked me for rent money I told her to F Off

My policy is never give anyone except from good friends and family money. Why would I give some random girl I'm dating cash?

Funny there's so many stories of guys meeting girls on the dating sites being asked for money online and in person yet I've met scores of women from ThaiFriendly and never once been asked for money either online or when I've met them.

I think it must boil down to what type of person you are. If you look like a needy, desperate, soft touch kinda guy you're going to get hit up for cash.

Thank you witawat, no fiction and this my first ever post on thaivisa

Codswallop. I know a phony when I see one. Plus your writing style is eerily similar to several other clearly obvious troll posts under other names that have appeared here. I won't go looking for them as you're not worth the effort.

There was a poster who liked to use the non word 'coz' a lot. Writing style eerily familiar also. jus' sayin' whistling.gif