Permit for food chart

gert66

My Thai girlfriend sometimes finds herself getting a bit bored here in CM and she would like to see if she could start up something for herself. She have been talking about starting up with a food cart (falang menu) inside the moat.

Now my question is if one need a permit for doing this and if so, how and where to get it.

If a farang is involved then you will need a work permit, 4 Thai employees etc etc blah blah blah.

Politely suggest that you are not involved in anyway what so ever. At least not in any observable way biggrin.png

She then should be able to get the paperwork purely as a Thai doing a bit of business

• Like 1

@SamSipEt

"Politely suggest that you are not involved in anyway what so ever. At least not in any observable way"

I have had my thoughts concerning that. E.g. me driving a truck loading/reloading the food cart/groceries (but besides that doing nothing), would/could that be considered as work and bring me in to any kind of problems with immigration

@SamSipEt

"Politely suggest that you are not involved in anyway what so ever. At least not in any observable way"

I have had my thoughts concerning that. E.g. me driving a truck loading/reloading the food cart/groceries (but besides that doing nothing), would/could that be considered as work and bring me in to any kind of problems with immigration

Actually that would be considered work. Its not immigration you need to worry about it is the Labor Board. If the locals see you as a threat and report you to the police and Labor Board then they will fine you for no work permit which could included deportation by immigration.

• Like 1

Well now would be a good time for her to start this business,

end of rainy season and start of the high season, so get a

move on, good luck and hope she does well,and its great

she is wanting to do something for herself.

regards Worgeordie