Thai Visa on entry to bangkok airport by UK

A bunch of troll posts with inaccurate information have been removed from view. Apologies to the members who posted accurate replies to these inaccurate posts.

I think the OP has his answer. It is highly possible he will be denied boarding upon departure. But not 100% certain. Some do slip through the cracks.

If denied boarding due to no visa and a return past 30 days, most check in agents will offer up the option of buying a fully refundable, one way return ticket. I have done this in the past. Cost me nothing, but did have to wait 60 days for the charge to be cleared off my credit card and did have to visit the airlines office in Bangkok to apply for the refund. A bit of a hassle, but I got on the plane.

As for getting an extension, it is now being reported some nationalities can get 30 days at border crossings, instead of 15 days:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/679558-entered-via-land-border-and-got-30-days-stay/

So the OP has some options.

NO MORE discussions of visa checks by the airlines. This has been dealt with enough.

wai2.gif

thanks everyone for their input

It turns out I had a Thai Consulate 5 minutes from where I live. They've just given me a tourist visa. Interestingly it doesn't state that its 60 days and is at the discretion of the immigration officer what duration they give, which isn't ideal. So could get 60 or maybe 30, hopefully not or the exercise was pointless.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well, I came through bangkok immigration yesterday and my visa was stamped but no date added, just date of entry. Is this definitely a 60 day visa? I expected it to say 60 days or have a date when 60 days is up but it doesn't.

I can only vouch for the efficiency of postal applications to the Thai Embassy in the UK if your paperwork is in order, whether it be Birmingham, Hull or elsewhere.

I regularly witness visas returned on fourth business day of remittance. Really can't argue with the level of service.

Well, I came through bangkok immigration yesterday and my visa was stamped but no date added, just date of entry. Is this definitely a 60 day visa? I expected it to say 60 days or have a date when 60 days is up but it doesn't.

You should have another rectangular stamp that has the date you entered, and next to the 'until' part, the date you should leave by.

Like this one;

post-86914-0-21270700-1383861125.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

as far as i know you won't have a visa when you get here if you are a UK passport holder. you are looking to enter on an exemption. if you have time i would get to a consulate and see if you can get one in a day. Many years ago my place of choice, Cardiff. Good luck.

Or Hull, depends where you are.

Don't go through the London Embassy

I can only vouch for the efficiency of postal applications to the Thai Embassy in the UK if your paperwork is in order, whether it be Birmingham, Hull or elsewhere.

I regularly witness visas returned on fourth business day of remittance. Really can't argue with the level of service.

Does the Embassy in London (as distinct from the honorary consulates in Birmingham, Hull, etc) now accept visa applications by post? They certainly didn't 5 years ago when I applied for my OA visa.