Renting A Home For A Cat In Bangkok

Now that I have got your attention my real problem is as follows.

We wish to own a cat.

Problem no pets allowed.

So we will rent a house with garden. But hard to find a house for rent at 50,000 bhat a month.

Question.

For all you owners of cats in bangkok.

Do you all live in a house or have you managed to sneak the cat into a rented appartment.

At the present time we live in Shukhumvit 26 in a 2 bed room appartment so no pets.

Happy to move further out but not miles out if you know what I mean.

Been looking for housers around 50,000 bhat. There is only my lady and me + the new cat when we find a home for it. So you see we do not need a large 4 bed room place.

Advice needed with what problems you had with your cats when you were looking for a home and how did you get over it.

Should I pay more rent than 50,000 just to have a cat I think not. But we would still love to have one.

So what do you cat lovers think.

Thank you for any replies :o

Now that I have got your attention my real problem is as follows.

We wish to own a cat.

Problem no pets allowed.

So we will rent a house with garden. But hard to find a house for rent at 50,000 bhat a month.

Question.

For all you owners of cats in bangkok.

Do you all live in a house or have you managed to sneak the cat into a rented appartment.

At the present time we live in Shukhumvit 26 in a 2 bed room appartment so no pets.

Happy to move further out but not miles out if you know what I mean.

Been looking for housers around 50,000 bhat. There is only my lady and me + the new cat when we find a home for it. So you see we do not need a large 4 bed room place.

Advice needed with what problems you had with your cats when you were looking for a home and how did you get over it.

Should I pay more rent than 50,000 just to have a cat I think not. But we would still love to have one.

So what do you cat lovers think.

Thank you for any replies :o

The answer for us was to speak to John at www.bangkok-homes.com....they have rental properties in the city and he is a cat lover.....tell him John ( from Pathumthani ) sent you to him....if he cannot help no-one can

I lived in a condo in Soi 26 (obviously a different building to you) and I had no problem having 2 cats. Expect it varies by owner. My supplied furniture was pretty basic so I assume my owner didn't care!

The answer for us was to speak to John at www.bangkok-homes.com....they have rental properties in the city and he is a cat lover.....tell him John ( from Pathumthani ) sent you to him....if he cannot help no-one can

Thanks for the info, if all fails I will call him.

I will await any other replys if they are any. :o

Edited by warriors

I used to have a cat (two, actually) in a apartment building that had a sign up that said no pets. Other people had pets too, but I guess it depends how strict your security people are when you walk past with a cat carrier.

I've also lived in houses on Sukhumvit 71 - not sure if this is too far for you but they were way cheaper than you budget - 17 and 18,000 per month but nice houses (one a split house flully furnished, one a older house but with a big garden). That was a couple of years ago but I'm sure for your budget you'd be able to find something awesome in that area if you're prepared to move a bit further out (but still on the skytrain route).

I used to have a cat (two, actually) in a apartment building that had a sign up that said no pets. Other people had pets too, but I guess it depends how strict your security people are when you walk past with a cat carrier.

I've also lived in houses on Sukhumvit 71 - not sure if this is too far for you but they were way cheaper than you budget - 17 and 18,000 per month but nice houses (one a split house flully furnished, one a older house but with a big garden). That was a couple of years ago but I'm sure for your budget you'd be able to find something awesome in that area if you're prepared to move a bit further out (but still on the skytrain route).

"No pets" usually means no dogs and cats are usually tolerated in practice if not in theory, anyhow (assuming they are kept inside) none of the neighbors or building staff are going to encounter them and who's to know they are there? HOWEVER, a cat will be much happier in a setting where it has a garden to play in (assuming you can keep the cat away from the road and cars), and masking cats happy is the highest purpose in human life...or so my cat tells me. :o

"No pets" usually means no dogs and cats are usually tolerated in practice if not in theory, anyhow (assuming they are kept inside) none of the neighbors or building staff are going to encounter them and who's to know they are there? HOWEVER, a cat will be much happier in a setting where it has a garden to play in (assuming you can keep the cat away from the road and cars), and masking cats happy is the highest purpose in human life...or so my cat tells me. :D

Thanks to all I have now started to look at housers looked at one on suk 101 for 30000 large garden but not a nice feel inside my lady said after wards she thought the house had a spirt living there I said thank god I did not like it either :o