Where to sell electronics online?

davevi

I have two smartphones, a tablet and a computer motherboard/cpu/memory set that I want to sell online, but I'm not sure what the best site is to sell these items.

I can't read or write Thai so the sale sites need to be in English.

I have tried Craigslist but there seems to be too few eyes on that site in Thailand for selling electronics.

BahtSold and ThaiVisa I am aware of, but as I look at those sites and their designs it seems it might be difficult for buyers to find items for sale on these sites.

What would you suggest?

Thanks everyone.

I have sold electronics,computers on both BahtSold and ThaiVisa classifieds,

and the items sold very quickly, in one case on Bahtsold ,sold a Tablet in 1hr.

anyway why not try them both they are Free for standard adverts.

regards Worgeordie

I always use Pantip Market to buy and sell. Get a Thai friend to help write the text for the listing. Most are happy to help and it only take a few minutes. Most things I've sold on there, sold the very same day and they were not at give-away prices either!

Edited by elektrified

Ideally you seek a local buyer so they see the goods as you meet at a central point and you can see the money.

So notice boards at supermarkets, local forums, even in Thai as the very basics you can communicate with images and Google translate, use SHORT phrases.

Words like Sale and Price etc carry all the meaning that is required.

Offer two points of contact English for your mobile/email and Thai for your Thai-helper.

Just be aware and prepared for scammers that WILL try and dupe you.

Keep it simple cash only transaction in person.

Otherwise try a local shop and sell on commission, lower cash in your hand but wider market and you make a trading contact for the future. .

How about the Chiang Mai SECOND HAND group on Facebook. Not sure if that's what you're looking for. Just serach in facebook, CHIANG MAI SECONDHAND and you'll see it.

Hmmm.... tried this but its not active. Unless I did something wrong AGAIN....

• 4 weeks later...

How about the Chiang Mai SECOND HAND group on Facebook. Not sure if that's what you're looking for. Just serach in facebook, CHIANG MAI SECONDHAND and you'll see it.

I think you may have made a mistake. There are three groups (too many, I know), but they are very active and IMO the best place to buy and sell things in CM.

The main one is SECONHAND CHIANGMAI (NO 'D'), or secondly SECONDHAND CHIANGMAI, or thirdly 'Buy, sell, swap Chiang Mai'. Essentially it's the same buyers and sellers. Note, the first two sites are in Uppercase. They are very busy sites.

As somebosy else said the Chiang Mai City Life is also good, but it dosent show photos without a link, and a picure says a thousand words.

Keep trying with the Facebook sites.

I think you may have made a mistake. There are three groups (too many, I know), but they are very active and IMO the best place to buy and sell things in CM.

The main one is SECONHAND CHIANGMAI (NO 'D'), or secondly SECONDHAND CHIANGMAI, or thirdly 'Buy, sell, swap Chiang Mai'. Essentially it's the same buyers and sellers. Note, the first two sites are in Uppercase. They are very busy sites.

As somebosy else said the Chiang Mai City Life is also good, but it dosent show photos without a link, and a picure says a thousand words.

Keep trying with the Facebook sites.

Many thanks- just tried the first mis-spelling and it works fine!