Thai customs arrest Australian man for smuggling ketamine

webfact

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a known date rape drug that can be cystalized in a microwave and then smoked or added to something else being smoked. Think twice before you smoke anything. Never leave a drink on a table and come back to finish it off. Never drink or smoke anything offered by a stranger or "new friend". Be aware of what might be added to cheap bucket drinks.

Excuse me but you don't seem to a have clue what you're on about.

Ketamine for date rape?date rape what? a horse? A hallucinogen in adults(in other words you'd get the bejesus kicked out of you by your prospective rape victim),that is STILL(since 1936) one of the safest Anaesthetics around(they use it on children)that is NEVER smoked.

lol.

not even going to bother correcting you further,

ignorance is bliss,and there is a startling amount of it in evidence on TV,especially concerning drugs,

oh and let me beat you to the punch before you call me a drug user or addict,I'm in the Security Business and have been for 20 years,that's where I got my knowledge.

better for you to update your knowledge base, Ketamine in powder form can and is ingested through smoking by some illegal users.

Better for you to do the same,

from a well known and respected drug harm reduction(without condemnation) board,that includes Doctors etc in its staff.

"Don't smoke it again, I believe that it doesn't vaporize well and that it has shown to produce toxic degradation products.

In any case it's not meant to be smoked meaning there is no advantage and significant disadvantage. Some people like a certain route of administration too much, be careful. Experimenting can be interesting but when it comes to exploring new unheard of ways of ingesting a drug I think it can quite often be dangerous.

was there anything else? smile.gif"

never mind, but you obviously did not review your own words i.e. "that is NEVER smoked"

What, no racist comments about how ALL Australians are drug dealers, scammers, criminals etc. !!!!! I wonder why!!!

Now if he had been a native Australian Aborigine ..................

I think I have made my point ( see earlier postings about Nigerian and Rwandan drug dealers/smugglers )

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Did you mean that all australians are drug dealers etc,

And that no one pointed that out???

There was a post about not generalizing, so maybe TV members finally got the point...

(Just kidding)

No what he meant was Thailand has and Australian problem. lol

It's damn refreshing to see people like yourself Chanti,

and Dansan and laxman60 popping up to shoo the moron brigage back under their rocks...

Yes,

Drugs can be harmful,

Yes-this man deserves to be locked up for A. his stupidity,and B. his culpability,

but some of you need to get your heads out of your behinds and LEARN a little before you type.

Apart from the fact that the number 1. "Date rape" drug is the Govt. and society approved no. 1 killer and brain cell numb-er ALCOHOL,

there is also the fact that in my long and personal experience as both a Security Agent and supplier of Security Personnel and Equipment that many "Date Rapes" have in fact been proven to be lies,inflated and conflated by young people feeling "ashamed" of their behaviour "the night before" and I have seen many lives ruined by this fact,

There is also the fact that there are simply too many other chemicals that would do a MUCH better job of "drugging someone up" for either date rape or robbery,

I.E. Rohypnol-"Roofies"(although harder to get your hands on nowadays,and coloured by drug companies to prevent abuse,

Powdered Xanax,

methoxetamine

Scopalamine(Literally called "the devils breath",and a REALLY scary drug to see administered)

aaaaaand too many more to mention...

really,some of you need to get off TV and use GOOGLE occasionally before you talk nonsense and give inflated and purely wrong views.

Didn't know what it was until I looked it up.....dangerous stuff....no way it was going to Aussie land....he was going to use it on somebody......

Mate, K is used as a party drug and has been for decades. It's not a date-rape drug, if this is what you were aiming at.

• Like 1

better for you to update your knowledge base, Ketamine in powder form can and is ingested through smoking by some illegal users.

Better for you to do the same,

from a well known and respected drug harm reduction(without condemnation) board,that includes Doctors etc in its staff.

"Don't smoke it again, I believe that it doesn't vaporize well and that it has shown to produce toxic degradation products.

In any case it's not meant to be smoked meaning there is no advantage and significant disadvantage. Some people like a certain route of administration too much, be careful. Experimenting can be interesting but when it comes to exploring new unheard of ways of ingesting a drug I think it can quite often be dangerous.

was there anything else? smile.gif"

never mind, but you obviously did not review your own words i.e. "that is NEVER smoked"

Nah man,

I REALLY did review my own words,

and no personal offense intended but your words are a "straw man attack" in its most literal sense,

if you have nothing to contribute,

perhaps contribute nothing?

• Like 1

It's a known date rape drug that can be cystalized in a microwave and then smoked or added to something else being smoked. Think twice before you smoke anything. Never leave a drink on a table and come back to finish it off. Never drink or smoke anything offered by a stranger or "new friend". Be aware of what might be added to cheap bucket drinks.

Bahahhaha oh man this reminds me of "reefer madness". People dry it and snort it making themselves catatonic. It also has hallucinatory properties. I don't think most people would find raping a hallucinating retard fun... Well i don't i figured its cheaper to just pay the girl than use expensive drug to make her into a drooling zombie.

LOL 555 well said Ruski Reefer Madness indeed :P

Excuse me but you don't seem to a have clue what you're on about.

Ketamine for date rape?date rape what? a horse? A hallucinogen in adults(in other words you'd get the bejesus kicked out of you by your prospective rape victim),that is STILL(since 1936) one of the safest Anaesthetics around(they use it on children)that is NEVER smoked.

lol.

not even going to bother correcting you further,

ignorance is bliss,and there is a startling amount of it in evidence on TV,especially concerning drugs,

oh and let me beat you to the punch before you call me a drug user or addict,I'm in the Security Business and have been for 20 years,that's where I got my knowledge.

Yeah Date Rape ! ..Little Chance of That ..If you were about to be Raped , you'd want the Rapist on this Stuff , He/she would be moving rather Slowly .

Widely used in Europe ........... And NO , I have not taken it either , but I know a number who have .

How much of a Big Deal will this be for the Aussie ? , and I agree on the " Look " side of things , Crazy Stupid .

illegal subtance Yes , but not on the same level as some other Stuff .

• Like 2

Am I the only one who is somehow sorry for this 21 yo fool ?

Probably not.

The debate rages around the drug that he was carrying. An item that I know nothing about and have not commented on in this thread.

What I do know, is that he is more of a fool to have showed up at the Poipet border crossing dressed the way he was.

Had he been wearing a clean, long sleeved shirt and slacks and acting a little less macho, he might just have made it through untouched. Not that I condone that either.

Customs and Immigration police probably profiled him as a fair target. They got lucky.

Fortunately, he should be able to look after himself where he is going for a short stay.

• Like 2

Am I the only one who is somehow sorry for this 21 yo fool ?

Probably not.

The debate rages around the drug that he was carrying. An item that I know nothing about and have not commented on in this thread.

What I do know, is that he is more of a fool to have showed up at the Poipet border crossing dressed the way he was.

Had he been wearing a clean, long sleeved shirt and slacks and acting a little less macho, he might just have made it through untouched. Not that I condone that either.

Customs and Immigration police probably profiled him as a fair target. They got lucky.

Fortunately, he should be able to look after himself where he is going for a short stay.

I concur.

one of the safest Anaesthetics around(they use it on children)that is NEVER smoked.

I am no expert, but a quick Google shows plenty of forums discussing the effects of smoking Ketamine.....

Come on man... Google anything and you will get results that fit your argument, does not necessarily make them so.

I can tell you from experience that this is rarely smoked at all.

Interesting how every junkie in the land comes out and is now an expert. This is Thailand. The Thais have a different recreational and non recreational use for just about anything. They smoke it, drink it, shoot it, spike it and whatever knows what it.

This person is a smuggler, plain and simple, like it or not. The laws of this country are well known.

10 years at least, what a <deleted>

10 years at most......

source Siam Law

FOR CATEGORY 2 SUBSTANCES:

• Up to 10 years imprisonment and a fine of 100,000 – 1,000,000 Baht for production, importation or exportation. If the substance or substances found include morphine, opium or cocaine the penalty is increased to imprisonment of 20 years to life and fine of 2,000,000 – 5,000,000 Baht

• Up to 10 years imprisonment and a fine of 20,000 – 200,000 Baht or both for disposal or possession for the purpose of disposal. In the case of morphine, opium or cocaine, 3-20 years or a fine of 60,000 – 400,000 Baht if the amount is under 100 grams, or 3-20 years or a fine of 500,000 – 5,000,000 Baht if over

• Up to 5 years or a fine not exceeding 100,000 Baht or both for possession. If the quantity is 100 grams of a pure substance or more, this will be regarded as possession for the purpose of disposal

• Six months to three years or a fine

It's Australia week, an Aussie rock spider, an ATM skimmer and now one trafficking/importing illegal substances. I have noticed on here that we have a week of one certain nationality. I wonder who it is next week

More than likely, it's whomever breaks the law and is caught. Perhaps they have a que and wait until their nationality is called? Not likely. Do the crime and serve the time.

Interesting how every junkie in the land comes out and is now an expert. This is Thailand. The Thais have a different recreational and non recreational use for just about anything. They smoke it, drink it, shoot it, spike it and whatever knows what it.

This person is a smuggler, plain and simple, like it or not. The laws of this country are well known.

So this is how it goes now huh? We are labelled as "Junkies" for speaking coherently and with a basis of actual knowledge of the subject at hand.

It sure shows a level of maturity when people resort to simple name calling to try and justify their thoughts and beliefs and at times outrageous comments.

Sad really but not unexpected.

• Like 2

Didn't know what it was until I looked it up.....dangerous stuff....no way it was going to Aussie land....he was going to use it on somebody......

Ketamine is not that dangerous if used in small doses. It was in all kinds of medicines till a few years ago. Idiots like him are the reason that perfectly fine remedies are not allowed to be used anymore. Everything is dangerous when you use it the wrong way, you can die from drinking too much water too.

What a fool ! And dressed the way he is, with no respect for Thai culture, he was bound to get pulled up and checked. Good luck getting a syringe full of growth hormone in jail big boy !

"no respect for thai culture"!?

Obviously you don't choose to dress this way, and neither do I, but I fail to see how it's disrespectful of Thai culture. Ever been to Isaan?

But yes, certainly a fool.

• Like 1

What a fool ! And dressed the way he is, with no respect for Thai culture, he was bound to get pulled up and checked. Good luck getting a syringe full of growth hormone in jail big boy !

"no respect for thai culture"!?

Obviously you don't choose to dress this way, and neither do I, but I fail to see how it's disrespectful of Thai culture. Ever been to Isaan?

But yes, certainly a fool.

He'd be well dressed for the parts of Issan I have lived in.

Edited by dansan