Community Aid Projects

NedKelly

I am doing a little research into what community aid projects are running in and around Bangkok. Does anyone know of anything being dont. I am mainly thinking about low key, alternative and innovative projects that are aimed at unemployed, homeless, disadvantaged and so on.

Not necessarily interested in large scale NGO projects or governement funded projects although it would be helpful to know of them for research purposes. So any info would be handy.

Cheers,

Ned Kelly

Guest The Judge

Hi Ned,

Please let us know if you find something this Government does for the poor they are creating.

Please do not include the following:

30 baht health care - bankrupted the hospitals and they were then bought en masse by the dear leader.

1 million baht village scheme - now have the highest per capita personal debt in Asia at least.

Easy Credit Cards - who HAD an Amex Card? How are the going to pay them off.

Find something that someone is doing on their own or with some friends.. then come back here, and ask what YOU can do for Thaivisa, poor people and Thailand in General.

And yes, there is an answer I believe after discussions I had last night.

Thanks Judge. I am not considering those projects as you mentioned. This is private research and I will use the information as I intend to. Part of the aim is to inform myself and others if there are indeed any little projects out there that are interesting. the other reasons are personal.

Guest IT Manager

Hi Ned,

Recently, a young monk was killed in Narathiwat.

Some members expressed an interest in doing something for his family, but it appears none of our members live down that way.

Without committing anything on behalf of members, the following link, may show you what I mean.

If someone down that way, or you if you have some spare time, could follow it up, it would be good.

IT

Thanks for that IT. I am not planning to actually get involved in anything ......well not right away at least if at all. I was just hoping to get some idea of what may be being done already and thought I would see how useful this forum was in gathering information.

I will try to keep the topic up for a few days and see what happens.