Thai amnesty bill would kill 25,355 graft cases: NACC

webfact

Amnesty bill would kill 25,355 graft cases: NACC..........BANGKOK: -- The National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) yesterday issued a statement opposing the amnesty bill on grounds that it would absolve thousands of graft violations, including hundreds against top politicians.

Politicians voting themselves amnesty against corruption charges, wouldn't that be a conflict of interest?

Who knows? Who cares? They're not going to get punished anyway, let's face it.

These people (Puea Thai MPs) are even lower than I thought. This is no accident. How grateful will all Dr. Thaksin's crooked cronies be when they are absolved also and can take up where they left off looting the country. Can some Thaksin apologist point me to a more corrupt action by a supposed democratic parliament? This one takes the cake.

Corruption is the Main Objective of Thaksin and his political parties, Democrats - never been a whiff of corruption about them , No. tuzki-bunny-emoticon-007.gif

Can some dem apologist finally wake up and accept that the dems are not as squeaky clean as the teflon one has brainwashed them to think and actually admit to it.

• Like 2

Amnesty bill would kill 25,355 graft cases: NACC..........BANGKOK: -- The National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) yesterday issued a statement opposing the amnesty bill on grounds that it would absolve thousands of graft violations, including hundreds against top politicians.

Politicians voting themselves amnesty against corruption charges, wouldn't that be a conflict of interest?

I agree with you, for once. Unfortunately, those politicians will only point back at the amnesty awarded to themselves by the Military Junta - how big a conflict of interest was that?. And no-one apart from the "red side" complained about that when it happened.

I agree with you for once... Cheers

These people (Puea Thai MPs) are even lower than I thought. This is no accident. How grateful will all Dr. Thaksin's crooked cronies be when they are absolved also and can take up where they left off looting the country. Can some Thaksin apologist point me to a more corrupt action by a supposed democratic parliament? This one takes the cake.

Corruption is the Main Objective of Thaksin and his political parties, Democrats - never been a whiff of corruption about them , No. tuzki-bunny-emoticon-007.gif

Can some dem apologist finally wake up and accept that the dems are not as squeaky clean as the teflon one has brainwashed them to think and actually admit to it.

i doubt everyone on here is a dem like i said to you yesterday if you steal you go down no exception ,whatever colour ..no amnesty as far as im concerned,thats just my opinion,....theyve all had there little pinkys in the sweety jar ..enough is enough,they discust me.but hey its not my country..

• Like 2

PTP governance is a conflict of interest.

I agree with you, for once. Unfortunately, those politicians will only point back at the amnesty awarded to themselves by the Military Junta - how big a conflict of interest was that?. And no-one apart from the "red side" complained about that when it happened.

It was a bloodless coup, no one was killed or injured and commerce wasn't stopped, the only crime was treason. I guess you could say that Thaksin was the only victim, that is a victim of his own stupidity. Thaksin should have played it straight, called elections immediately, canvassed legally no bribes, he would have won hands down and there never would have been this bother.

This amnesty is for crimes, murders, arson, corruption, grievous bodily harm, treason, crimes against humanity, ect ect for everyone who committed any infringement politically related over a 7 year period.

There is no, repeat no comparison between the two.

Edited by waza

I agree with you for once... Cheers

See, we're not so very different.................except when you're wrong wink.png

• Like 1

This government is really determined to end up tops in various indices. Progress in it's 'freedom' index position and now a chance for a big leap on the 'corruption' index.

Bravo!

Oh, and about the Democrats also not all being squeaky clean. Irrelevant, we're talking about corruption cases independent of who is involved.

BTW those not so 'squeaky clean' Democrats are opposed to the 'blanket amnesty', unlike the 'squeaky clean' Pheu Thai bunch of course rolleyes.gif

Edited by rubl

Are you saying that 25,000+ corruption cases being abandoned is justifiable because some are NOT targeting PTP members (other than k.Thaksin)

Perhaps a corruption amnesty bill should be a regular feature of Shinawatra governments to stop the numbers being so outrageous. Or a clause covering future and yet uncovered corruption for the term of the government.

I'm speechless.

25,331 cases of corruption. I knew it was rotten to the core, but this number is astounding.

Then to try to push this through while the country is already undergoing a review by the UN..... beyond words really.

Then when they talk of 'shoring up the country's reputation in the international community'...... who in their right mind would want to shore up this kind of reputation? Don't they mean 'improve the country's reputation'??

It has long passed the stage where corruption can be stopped here.... Unless they implemented a standard rule of 'IMMEDIATE SUSPENSION' pending investigation. With 20 year prison sentences for those found guilty and seizure of all assets (including spouse).

Maybe one day a prime minister will come along and really start clamping down on corruption, but then again. I doubt he would last 2 weeks before being assassinated.

25.331 and consider that is only the cases at court. Most cases aren't.

With immediate Suspension and 20 year prison.

You know what this means?

The country run by the village idiot (the only one who didn't figure out that he could pocket some money), empty streets and huge concentration camps guarded by foreigner.

The problem is...that there are too many to clamping down on them.

I live in Cyprus. We tried having the country run by the village idiot - it didn't turn out too well. The country is bust, the banks are bust, unemployment is 17% and climbing etc.

Are you saying that 25,000+ corruption cases being abandoned is justifiable because some are NOT targeting PTP members (other than k.Thaksin)

Perhaps a corruption amnesty bill should be a regular feature of Shinawatra governments to stop the numbers being so outrageous. Or a clause covering future and yet uncovered corruption for the term of the government.

No, I'm not. It's obvious what I'm saying. It's written down in my post.

The Democrat "coalition" was just another example of how uphill a battle it will be to control corruption in Thailand, with its system and many of the politicians attitude to self indulgence as well as their assisment of their own impunity from justice.

The Pope, Budda or Jesus christ would not have enough respect from those, whose whole life has been spent sucking money away from its rightful place in a system, for them to cease and desist, from their normal practices.

That many would describe the Thai government as it operates as a canidate for the junk yard, even though it was based on various forms/ideas of other governments, may be a good analogy..

• Like 1

That's why they don't want us

By them, i mean the rich & officials and the whole brainwashed population.

By us, i mean western people.

They dont want us, not because of our big nose, not because of racism.

BUT because of our logic and ethics.

The elite truelly fear that we gonna spread our idea about equity and value.

They fear that the whole population will listen us and finally start to tackle seriously corruption.

• Like 1

I'm speechless.

25,331 cases of corruption. I knew it was rotten to the core, but this number is astounding.

Then to try to push this through while the country is already undergoing a review by the UN..... beyond words really.

Then when they talk of 'shoring up the country's reputation in the international community'...... who in their right mind would want to shore up this kind of reputation? Don't they mean 'improve the country's reputation'??

It has long passed the stage where corruption can be stopped here.... Unless they implemented a standard rule of 'IMMEDIATE SUSPENSION' pending investigation. With 20 year prison sentences for those found guilty and seizure of all assets (including spouse).

Maybe one day a prime minister will come along and really start clamping down on corruption, but then again. I doubt he would last 2 weeks before being assassinated.

25.331 and consider that is only the cases at court. Most cases aren't.

With immediate Suspension and 20 year prison.

You know what this means?

The country run by the village idiot (the only one who didn't figure out that he could pocket some money), empty streets and huge concentration camps guarded by foreigner.

The problem is...that there are too many to clamping down on them.

I live in Cyprus. We tried having the country run by the village idiot - it didn't turn out too well. The country is bust, the banks are bust, unemployment is 17% and climbing etc.

Greece tried it with smarter but corrupt one....didn't work much better.

So I am proud to be Austrian. We have a former Taxi driver as Premier, he got re-elected so it is the best one we could find crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gifcrazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gifcrazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

Two things:

I am astounded at the amount of cases already in the system. ohmy.png

and

That amount is probably only the tip of the iceberg. biggrin.png

And all these cases should be thrown out because they are political in nature? Unbelievable.

That also explains why the courts are so slow...the system is just so overloaded that nothing is moving anymore.

• Like 1