Good news for holders of UK, USA, Japan, Germany, France, Canada and Italy

There is a G-8. I dont know if there is a G-7 (but I could be wrong. Usually am) The G-8 includes all of the above countries plus Russia. I wonder why Thai officials left of the Russians??

Russians already got 30 days on entry, regardeless of land or air border.

Having favoured arrangements for certain 'special' countries is hopelessly illogical and seemingly entirely consistent with the Thai/Asian business culture. Like children with sweeties in a playgroundsmile.png. Give it a couple of years and it'll be different again.

I

knew the 15 day rule wouldn't last - they are losing too many tourists. More Thai ineptness ...

Not according to TOT I have been here for 7 years and listened to dribble like that every year. I don't need any one to tell me I just walk around the streets a little bit and it is obvious that there is morre tourists.

What about the Commonwealth of Australia? Home to the most civilised and cultured people on the planet!

What about them ? I could perhaps understand this preferential treatment likewise being afforded to the indigenous tribes in Australia but to open it up to what is in fact a majority of decendants from convicted criminals then perhaps your question is answered

I was just wondering how true your statement was:

Over the 80 years more than 165,000 convicts were transported to Australia.[1] The number of convicts pales in comparison to the immigrants who arrived in Australia in the 1851–1871 gold rush. In 1852 alone, 370,000 immigrants arrived in Australia. By 1871 the total population had nearly quadrupled from 430,000 to 1.7 million people.[2]

So in 1871 - 10% of the popular were convicts....

Well studies have shown that 1 out of 3 have criminals in their background. As far as the gold rush went a lot of them moved on to Canada.

It wasn't until; the early 90s that Australia taught the truth about there not so humble beginnings. Even then they left out the part where they would not have made it if it hadn't been for the native population.

36_2_33.gif

What studies? I'd love to read them. but of course you can't furnish them can you?

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

What about the Commonwealth of Australia? Home to the most civilised and cultured people on the planet!

It's their way of saying that you should have been happy being a more civilsed and better cultured penal colony instead, of an independent one.

Yes, well, if you're Dutch you have to understand that helping them for FREE with advice and a master plan for flooding (which they have not implemented yet) during last year's flood puts you at a disadvantage....cheesy.gif .I say and keep repeating: An eye for an eye. If they don't allow long term visas here for your country, do the same in your country. If you are not allowed to buy land or houses here, do the same in your country. That'd help I am sure, what, with toxin investing abroad.... biggrin.pngclap2.gifcheesy.gif

Yes, well, if you're Dutch you have to understand that helping them for FREE with advice and a master plan for flooding (which they have not implemented yet) during last year's flood puts you at a disadvantage....cheesy.gif .I say and keep repeating: An eye for an eye. If they don't allow long term visas here for your country, do the same in your country. If you are not allowed to buy land or houses here, do the same in your country. That'd help I am sure, what, with toxin investing abroad.... biggrin.pngclap2.gifcheesy.gif

Must be the first positive change in the visa law in ages. I hope other countries will follw as I'm not a citizen of any of the mentioned above...

Remember it's going to cost 500 baht to cover your 'medical expenses'!

The plot thickenscoffee1.gif................. w00t.gif

That's positive, good news!

Now, if they could just extend the 90 day visa check in to 6 months or a year so it wouldn't feel like a visit to your probation officer!

I would not know how that feels, can you tell me.

Funny how they leave out Aust & NZ.

Wikipedia: "ASEAN stated that it aims to complete all its free trade agreements with China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia and New Zealand by 2013, in line with the establishment of the ASEAN Economic Community by 2015" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASEAN

Australia one of the few countries with a "free trade agreement, at least it is "under investigation" since Barnaby Joyce bought up the Thai - Aust agreement 2 weeks ago as an example of how not to make a Fre Trade Agreement and used it as an example how some countries can not be trusted on ABC Q&A show while discussing the Chinese free trade agreement that the libs are trying to get done. He specificly mentioned how the Thais went against the spirit of it by manipulating CC engine sizes of vehicles to abuse it and it is all one sided due to this.

Go Thais Go w00t.gifbah.gif

I am dutch, damned

So am I. Hope the privilege will soon be extended to citizens of the smaller countries.

No worries smile.png I heard from very high sources that all other countries (except the ones above) will get 60 days. The good people from The Netherlands will even get 90 days.

Yes, I still have dreams tongue.png

That's positive, good news!

Now, if they could just extend the 90 day visa check in to 6 months or a year so it wouldn't feel like a visit to your probation officer!

Don't give them any ideas! Next thing we might have to do is provide a urine specimen with the 90 report! And then, what are the most 'civilized' people in the world going to do?

That is along the lines of a post I put up. An eye for an eye.

What is Thailand getting in return from these counties.

I bet it is still just as hard for me to take my Thai wife on a holiday in the States.

What about them ? I could perhaps understand this preferential treatment likewise being afforded to the indigenous tribes in Australia but to open it up to what is in fact a majority of decendants from convicted criminals then perhaps your question is answered

I like your answer, I agree totally.

I love TV. No matter what the thread is, there is always a large degree of bigotry, if it's not the Thai's, it's someone else. You people need to find a hobby.

Edited by 55Jay