Confirmed 30 day land crossing at Chong Chom.

khwaibah

Confirmed 30 day land crossing at chong chom.

I have just had it confirmed by Kap Choeng Immigration that the nationals of UK, USA, Japan, Germany, France, Canada and Italy get a visa exempt entry of 30 days at the Chong Chom Border Crossing. BTW Unlimited entries.

Hopefully this does not get closed or moved.

Kwaibah's post might benefit from some context setting.

For those who have not seen this rule change on the more general immigration threads, Thailand has relaxed the visa exempt entry stamp you get for passport holders of all G7 nations with effect from 1-November. For the last 7 years passport holders of many countries have got a one month visa exempt entry stamp when entering at an international airport in Thailand, but only 15 days if entering through a land border crossing. Now passport holders from G7 nations will get 30 days at land crossings as well as airports.

On the general immigration threads there has been speculation that the rule may not necessarily come into immediate effect at all land crossings (speculation based on Thai immigration's previous record of 'messages not getting through top all outposts' on a timely basis.

I'll ask at Sisaket immigration later this month (unless someone else gets and posts an earlier update) in respect of Choam Sa Ngam. Perhaps someone can do the same re Chong Mek in Ubon province and likewise for other Isaan border crossings.

Why G7 is being given favoured nation status at the moment ... who knows? And just when all Brits were surmising that Thai immigration were starting to clamp down on them (cf Hull becoming a seemingly pariah consulate).

Sorry to all my Aussie and Scandi mates - it has been confirmed (as we Brits always suspected) that, despite your deep pockets and cultural wealth, you are not of most-favoured nation statustongue.png.

...................................................................................................................................

What do you mean by unlimited entries Kwaibah? Surely they are not letting the floodgates open to unlimited stays with monthly "visa-waiver runs"??!! Can't see this change being of earth shattering importance to most G7 long stayers otherwise, but it could be useful for our mates who visit us from our home countries in Isaan for regional land-travel tours, taking in places like , Laos and Cambodia and who then want to come overland into, and spend more than a couple of weeks in, Thailand.

Edited by SantiSuk

Kwaibah's post might benefit from some context setting.

For those who have not seen this rule change on the more general immigration threads, Thailand has relaxed the visa exempt entry stamp you get for passport holders of all G7 nations with effect from 1-November. For the last 7 years passport holders of many countries have got a one month visa exempt entry stamp when entering at an international airport in Thailand, but only 15 days if entering through a land border crossing. Now passport holders from G7 nations will get 30 days at land crossings as well as airports.

On the general immigration threads there has been speculation that the rule may not necessarily come into immediate effect at all land crossings (speculation based on Thai immigration's previous record of 'messages not getting through top all outposts' on a timely basis.

I'll ask at Sisaket immigration later this month (unless someone else gets and posts an earlier update) in respect of Choam Sa Ngam. Perhaps someone can do the same re Chong Mek in Ubon province and likewise for other Isaan border crossings.

Why G7 is being given favoured nation status at the moment ... who knows? And just when all Brits were surmising that Thai immigration were starting to clamp down on them (cf Hull becoming a seemingly pariah consulate).

Sorry to all my Aussie and Scandi mates - it has been confirmed (as we Brits always suspected) that, despite your deep pockets and cultural wealth, you are not of most-favoured nation statustongue.png.

...................................................................................................................................

What do you mean by unlimited entries Kwaibah? Surely they are not letting the floodgates open to unlimited stays with monthly "visa-waiver runs"??!! Can't see this change being of earth shattering importance to most G7 long stayers otherwise, but it could be useful for our mates who visit us from our home countries in Isaan for regional land-travel tours, taking in places like , Laos and Cambodia and who then want to come overland into, and spend more than a couple of weeks in, Thailand.

As many exit and reentries as you want in a row. That was their police on 15 day and they are keeping it for the new 30 day. Most crossing have limited this to 3 in a row but Chong Chom is wide open on this. I have seen a few people stay in the area for 6 months by doing this. I would expect the day will come when they clamp down on this but for now its wide open. As for G7 Long stayers you would be amazed how many questionable people are about..

Edited by khwaibah

About 3 or 4 threads in TV now about this change.

Definitely confirmed.

Thai Immi / MFA websites are updated very slowly.

Don't rely on them too much.

Nong Khai is an Isan land border and the new rule is known there.

See: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/678982-30-day-stamp-land-crossing-in-ranong/page-2#entry7000494

As many exit and reentries as you want in a row. That was their police on 15 day and they are keeping it for the new 30 day. Most crossing have limited this to 3 in a row but Chong Chom is wide open on this. I have seen a few people stay in the area for 6 months by doing this. I would expect the day will come when they clamp down on this but for now its wide open. As for G7 Long stayers you would be amazed how many questionable people are about

nice to know

As many exit and reentries as you want in a row. That was their police on 15 day and they are keeping it for the new 30 day. Most crossing have limited this to 3 in a row but Chong Chom is wide open on this. I have seen a few people stay in the area for 6 months by doing this. I would expect the day will comSisaket e when they clamp down on this but for now its wide open. As for G7 Long stayers you would be amazed how many questionable people are about

nice to know

Choam Sa Ngam crossing in Sisaket is only 3. BTW the two crossings are only 60 km apart.