what should parents bring from england for newborn

I regularly purchase decent clothes from Robinson's and they cost a fortune. A decent kid's outfit can easily cost 2000 baht.

We could purchase two of the same quality in the UK.

And it will get more expensive as the child gets older... welcome to parenthood!

Absolutely, you can get 3 baby grows for about a tenner and the quality is better than the stuff you get here for thb 600 each! I just did this a few months ago mate from the UK, pm me is you need any more info

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Eehhh...I'm not overly sure I agree with this. You talking about F&F or George....?

Just a thought for all those suggesting lots of quality clothes being bought from overseas.

The baby will be born in April ... the hottest time of the year and will basically spend it's first 6 months in Summer.

I reckon most of it's early months will be in a diaper and either a singlet or a T-Shirt.

Different if the the OP has Air-conditioning and spends most of the time in it.

• Like 1

Just a thought for all those suggesting lots of quality clothes being bought from overseas.

The baby will be born in April ... the hottest time of the year and will basically spend it's first 6 months in Summer.

I reckon most of it's early months will be in a diaper and either a singlet or a T-Shirt.

Different if the the OP has Air-conditioning and spends most of the time in it.

Best advice yet!

• 10 months later...

Things I got from the UK Pre-Birth....

Car Seat (these were double the price for the same model (in my case - Maxicosi-with Isofix base)).

Decent Push Chair (they are less than half the price in the UK - although you can get by with a cheap one here).

Angel Care (google it - its a mat / sensor which goes under the mattress of a cot, it 'alarms' if movement or breathing stops etc - cheaper in the UK)

Baby Cam (can hear and see (with a small monitor) the little one (with a small monitor) when you are in a different room)

Things I got from the UK Since the Birth....

Travel Cot (something which folds up and we can use in hotels etc) its been very useful...

Baby Clothes: i.e. Mothercare and Next Sleep Suits (good quality, although the Mothercare ones can be purchased here, they are more expensive).

Selection of Decent Toys, a baby gym (again half price).

Another lighter Maclaren 'Umbrella fold' pushchair for travels.

Pop-up-Books

Interactive Toys (they're readily available here, just cheaper in the UK).

Small Travel High Chair (to use in the restaurants which don't have high chairs).

Things I got in Thailand that I wished I'd purchased in the UK....

Breast Pump - We had a hand-me-down.. the pump broke, we ended up paying a premium in BKK for an Avent pump.

Baby Carrier (Stokke) - very handy (again these are about half price in the UK - There are many local cheap and reasonable alternatives).

High Chair (much cheaper in the UK - difficult to carry over though)

Play Pen (again much cheaper in the UK - difficult to carry over)

Additional comment:

There are many luxuries we can do with out, these are generally double the price in Thailand, some are worth it, some aren't - It's purely down to personal preference and how you prefer to bring up your child.

For me the Car Seat and Push Chair were the most important options, these also offered the greatest saving when purchased in the UK.

I will also be purchasing the next stage car seat from the UK.

does anyone in thailand ever use a "dog" harness + leash for a 1 year old ?

well really its a cute backpack that has a hook for a leash, so the 1 year old can not run away from you !

it works well but I wonder if you used it in LOS would you get to many weird remarks.....

I'll be getting one once the little one starts walking.