Thai govt drops amnesty bills

webfact

Not sure what really happened but in my opinion, it was either to do the 180 degree turn or face a coup.

Noting the way in which Mr T and the Army Chief had engaged in discussions over recent months, and the very clear signal that the General recently gave that he would have to direct his troops to step in if violence erupted, I think Mr T had to accept the inevitable, to withdraw that piece of sh1t bill or face the downfall of his government ... which, by the way, would still seem to be inevitable...!

There is no way the army can intervene in this process and be seen helping to remove this government.... and they know it. Removing another democratically elected government will have repercussions (ask Abhisit..no government did any business with him) and bloodshed on a scale we could not comprehend.

It's been 20+ years since the army has removed a democratically elected government, isn't it?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this include the bill that is currently in the Senate?

Good question I don't think they can withdraw it now that they have passed it. But they will surely be putting pressure on the Senate to turn it down.

I think behind the false bravado they are really concerned about staying in power. They know they have been a government of buffoons but they thought nobody noticed. They got a rude awakening.

If all those bills have been withdrawn are they still going to send out people to explain the amnesty to the people who know a white wash when they see one.

And a quote from yesterday from the other paper (hope because of the small size this item is allowed):

"Red-shirt idol Arisman Pongruangrong took to the stage and called for supporters to "protect democracy"."

And no doubts what this just formed PT/UDD road show will be saying to their followers upcountry, always no qualms to twist and spin / confuse & convince the unaware with less than truthful words.

The lady, and other PT folks, now insisting repeatedly that all amnesty bills are gone forever, so does she realize the big damage this PT/UDD roadshow activity will cause?

Seems like tell the city folks the amnesty bills are totally abandoned but tell the rural folks the fight for 'democracy' continues.

Not sure what really happened but in my opinion, it was either to do the 180 degree turn or face a coup.

Noting the way in which Mr T and the Army Chief had engaged in discussions over recent months, and the very clear signal that the General recently gave that he would have to direct his troops to step in if violence erupted, I think Mr T had to accept the inevitable, to withdraw that piece of sh1t bill or face the downfall of his government ... which, by the way, would still seem to be inevitable...!

There is no way the army can intervene in this process and be seen helping to remove this government.... and they know it. Removing another democratically elected government will have repercussions (ask Abhisit..no government did any business with him) and bloodshed on a scale we could not comprehend.

It's been 20+ years since the army has removed a democratically elected government, isn't it?

No, seven years.

What is perhaps still surprising is that there are some who are still in denial of this fact.Don't bother to reply:the details of the caretaker government at the time are a matter of record and we have had the half baked "explanations" several times already.But the purpose of the coup was to remove Thaksin.Even the coupmakers don't deny that.Nor do the Democrats.Nor does the media commentariat.In fact it's probably only the Thai Visa usual suspects who so frequently come out with this tired old lie.I have no respect for this kind of dishonesty.I have much more respect, though disagreeing, with those who argue the coup was a necessary evil.At least they have some kind of intellectual and moral integrity.

• Like 1

No, seven years.

What is perhaps still surprising is that there are some who are still in denial of this fact.Don't bother to reply:the details of the caretaker government at the time are a matter of record and we have had the half baked "explanations" several times already.But the purpose of the coup was to remove Thaksin.Even the coupmakers don't deny that.Nor do the Democrats.Nor does the media commentariat.In fact it's probably only the Thai Visa usual suspects who so frequently come out with this tired old lie.I have no respect for this kind of dishonesty.I have much more respect, though disagreeing, with those who argue the coup was a necessary evil.At least they have some kind of intellectual and moral integrity.

Saying that Thaksin was not the elected PM at the time of the coup is a lie? Please, do tell us more about intellectual and moral integrity.

No, seven years.

Saying that Thaksin was not the elected PM at the time of the coup is a lie? Please, do tell us more about intellectual and moral integrity.

Thaksin was self imposed, as in selfish, caretaker without Royal approval at the time of the coup.

Clearly there are still a few who refuse to accept Thaksin was the object of the 2006 coup, a bizarre perspective not even shared by those who launched the coup.I shall not be responding to them individually.But I would as a polite suggestion advise these people when assessing a political situation to consider all the circumstances and to attribute significance to what matters rather than to what is less important.Thus the fact that there was a caretaker administration in 2006 is not actually the most significant element.But I don't expect this will be accepted and I daresay years from now there will still be those that claim there was no coup against Thaksin just as there will always be thise who claim 9-11 was an insude job.Nutty as fruitcakes but I supose it adds to the gaiety of nations.

Clearly there are still a few who refuse to accept Thaksin was the object of the 2006 coup, a bizarre perspective not even shared by those who launched the coup.I shall not be responding to them individually.But I would as a polite suggestion advise these people when assessing a political situation to consider all the circumstances and to attribute significance to what matters rather than to what is less important.Thus the fact that there was a caretaker administration in 2006 is not actually the most significant element.But I don't expect this will be accepted and I daresay years from now there will still be those that claim there was no coup against Thaksin just as there will always be thise who claim 9-11 was an insude job.Nutty as fruitcakes but I supose it adds to the gaiety of nations.

Just because Thaksin was a self-appointed caretaker leader at the time of the coup, doesn't therefore mean that he wasn't the object of the coup. Very clearly he was.
  • Like 1

That's correct

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No, seven years.

You just refuse to accept the facts.

I know of a good optician who only charges half price for the one eyed.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No, seven years.

Oh, come on Jayboy, you know that there was no "democratically elected" government at the time of the coup.

Yes, the coup was to get rid of Thaksin, but he was barely a caretaker PM, let alone an elected PM.

If you keep telling yourself the same thing, over and over, you end up believing it.