Man Arrested In Bookshop For Molesting a 6 Year Old Girl

uptheos

It doesn't say which bookshop, but CCTV seems to have come in useful and good on the staff. thumbsup.gif Man with History of Paedophilia Arrested for Molestation of 6 Year Old Girl in Local Bookshop Nov 6, 2013

CityNews – On 5th November Thairath reported that Chiang Mai Police arrested a local man Sombun Chanthip (63) for the molestation of a girl in a bookshop.

It’s reported that the girl went to the bookshop with her father. She was left reading alone while when Sombun approached her. CCTV footage revealed that at first the man touched her head and then the video showed him put his hands in the region of the girl’s genitalia.

Bookshop staff saw this on the monitors and approached the man, and then he fled.

Police soon discovered that Sombun had been charged with child molestation 11 times. After his arrest he admitted to police that he often told children he was solider to gain their trust before he molested them.

He also said that after each time he was arrested he changed his name, and that he was now on his 10th change of identity.

Source here - CityNews

Edited by Tywais
Next time leave a link to the source of an article.

OK Tywais I usually do, but I thought this was sufficient.

CityNews – On 5th November Thairath reported

No, as that is not where you got the source information from, which is in English. We need to be fair to the site that it is published under and give them full credit via a link. Helps them with hits also you know. smile.png

• Like 1

Serial child molester, perfect candidate for at least castration,bullet in back of

head would be fit punishment i think,as hes only going to change his name

and do it again,until he gets caught again,

regards Worgoerdie

Serial child molester, perfect candidate for at least castration,bullet in back of

regards Worgoerdie

Can't help thinking that if it were a foreigner there would an outpouring of disgust and hang him high.

I don't believe that people on this forum simply accept that if it's only important if done by a foreigner, After all many of us have made our homes here (even if we're called guests), have children etc; there's got to be some way of getting these people off the streets and protect the kids, regardless of nationality, they should go away for a long time! Uses the term soldier, so that would command respect from a child and then changes identity, all pre-planned and wicked. Not a sign of Mental Illness, merely just another pervert lurking to do damage to innocent children.

11 priors? How is that even possible? This POS has slipped through the system way too many times. What can be done?

Amazing Thailand!

Eleven priors, with different names and posing as a figure of authority to be respected.

6 years old!!

11 times and in such a public place.

This guy is dangerous and will one day do something much worse out of desperation.

There have been some pretty seedy places in Chiang Mai, (not in popular areas), which attracted a good deal of paedophiles, mostly home grown but some from abroad too. It goes on more than people would like to admit. Mostly it comes to light when a foreigner makes headlines, but foreigners are vastly outnumbered by locals and credit to the press and City Life for making this particular incident available.........now, what are they going to do with this creep?.......pleeease, not another 500 baht fine case!!

You certainly have to wonder, apart from this guy changing his name 10 times over, just what exact justice did Thailand's fine legal system hand out for all the OTHER times this guy was arrested??

Was he found guilty in those cases... was he sentenced.... or did they just evaporate? Of course, the news articles usually ignore those kinds of pretty telling questions/issues, as is the case here. bah.gif

regards Worgoerdie

castration and cut his hands off.

Be a good start. Caught 11 times no telling how many times he has got away with it.

Lock him up and throw away the key. Chemical Castration would also be appropriate, and my old Favorite for this type of scum, Local or Farang, is to let his fellow inmates know what he has been up to. Tend to think they may "look after him."

regards Worgoerdie

castration and cut his hands off.

Be a good start. Caught 11 times no telling how many times he has got away with it.

That's the scary part dolly, it could be a fraction of what he's actually done!

• Like 1

Well done Chiang Mai police.That's another SICKO off the streets.

Repeat 11 times....

There's nothing worse than child molestation and for it to happen in a bookstore to a 6 year old child who went in there with her father is beyond belief. I'm not going to say what should be done with this guy, but IMO enough is enough and he should never be allowed to prowl the streets of Chiang Mai again, looking for little vulnerable girls.......I presume the others were girls, but who knows?

• Like 1

OK Tywais I usually do, but I thought this was sufficient.

CityNews – On 5th November Thairath reported

No, as that is not where you got the source information from, which is in English. We need to be fair to the site that it is published under and give them full credit via a link. Helps them with hits also you know. smile.png

What about if you got the information off the Thai site and reported that in a post. Or can we only post stuff with an English link.

Good Lord!!!!

The 4th,5th, 6th, 7th time this happened could the police and other people involved in his arrest not see a pattern here? He clearly has some very serious mental issues and it seems nothing has been done to change his behavior or keep him away from children. As another person said, it would be interesting to see his criminal record and what punishment he faced before. Is there a chance that he's found a loophole in the Thai justice system and by changing his name each time he gets arrested the next one is a first offense?

• Like 1

Good Lord!!!!

The 4th,5th, 6th, 7th time this happened could the police and other people involved in his arrest not see a pattern here? He clearly has some very serious mental issues and it seems nothing has been done to change his behavior or keep him away from children. As another person said, it would be interesting to see his criminal record and what punishment he faced before. Is there a chance that he's found a loophole in the Thai justice system and by changing his name each time he gets arrested the next one is a first offense?

He's certainly found something, or the authorities simply don't care about this stuff until it becomes chronic.

I suspect that they see so much of it all the time and it's nothing new to them.