What would you do 2

Thongkorn

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's very sad, but if you look at the qaulity of man going to Thialand it's seems logical that some of these women would end up abused. Many can't meet a lady in their home country, so they travel to Thialand as a last resort.

you included then?

• Like 2

Come on everybody. Do you really beleive the original post ?

The OP has never posted again on this topic.

Just a load of b*******t . Got you all going though. Didn't he (she).clap2.gif

Obviously it achieved his aim of doing a spot of Brit Bashing,on the say so of his wife,and her tragic friends! who can't find their way to a Police Station.

I get it. Insecure guy goes to Thailand, has some money which thinks will give him power forever; however, reality hits after a bit and he feels scorned. These guys were likely no good in the UK, or anywhere else. First and foremost, love yourself.

• Like 1

I have been to the UK with my wife a few times and met some other Thai Scottishcouples. Nothing else in common with the guys.

My wife isn't interested either. Some sad cases.

"How did these people end up together?", I often wonder although it's pretty obvious.

Never marry a Thai woman unless you've lived in Thailand for at least 3 years.

'Never marry a Thai woman unless you've lived in Thailand for at least three years'

Good call indeed.

Never marry any woman you've met for at least three years.

I have been to the UK with my wife a few times and met some other Thai Scottishcouples. Nothing else in common with the guys.

"How did these people end up together?", I often wonder although it's pretty obvious.

Now that last line is some dam good advice.
It's one of my strongest opinions after seeing so many relationships fail.

The other one is never buy/build a house in her name until you've been married for 5 years.

Well I passed both by a way and 13 years happily married.

OP: taking your cases at face value you must know quite a few UK//Thai couples. I last lived in Australia in different towns and cities and knew many, I would say approx 4 couples where male was abusive either physically, psychologically or both.

As an assumption I would say that some are fearful of the husband threatening to have them deported, so feel trapped. Some are scared of police/social services i.e. figures of authority.. So puts you and wife in a very difficult situation as you would need the victim to collaborate & provide proof of their tormenters actions. In addition, very trustworthy friends to provide support for them.

Maybe it's too off the wall, but on some occasions I was approached by guys I knew for an introduction to a Thai women, but this would mean your/wifes personal involvement, plus they would have to take care of the victim just about immediately, as well as liaising with social services/immigration to counter the husbands allegations to try & get them deported

are you talking about husbands in the UK trying to get their wife deported?

if so it took the UK years to get rid of hook hand and the other cretin.....what chance does some regular johnny have in getting a Thai or anyone else deported if they have Indefinite Leave to Remain?

As you say if they have Indefinite Leave to Remain. Not knowing the visa status of those in OPs post. I would assume some of the women in OPs post would not know their visa rights, same as I observed in Oz. As well mix in a lot of misinformation and misunderstanding of the law

Come on down to Naklua.Mostly people from a certain country live here.There are old girls I talk when I go for a walk they are good old Thai girls,happy, and a lot still in good condition.When I see them with there husbands or boyfriends,I am talking lady lady about 40 old boy at least 60 they change very unhappy but what can they do.If the old man went back home he would never get a woman, here they get them and treat them like excreta.

I have been to many restaurants and guesthouses in various cities where the husband will sit around and read the paper, totally ignoring his wife and not even doing such simple tasks as getting a drink out of the fridge.

Which is likely because by Thai law they cannot do anything in the business they have provided with their own money for the wife to run. The Thai cops and immigration cops are very strict in certain cities about this. Even just getting a beer or cola from the fridge for a customer can cause them big fines and even a night in the monkey house. They need a work permit to do so. Even just greeting and seating a customer can cause them big problems. It seems to be a big problem for farang restaurant and bar owners in Pattaya and Jomtien. Friends have told me about their being arrested, put in jail, and fined big fines for small infractions, while just trying to help out the wife and staff because staff called in sick or just did not show up for their work shift.

My advice to the ladies.

1-leave any man that beats you the first time

2-leave a man that does not treat your daughter as his daughter

3-Keep a separate bank account

4-leave any man that takes a trip to Thailand without you

5- understand western men can be just as flawed as Thai men

6- there are government services and programs that can assist them.

What about some advice for us men? Come on, don't be so one sided.

1. Leave any woman that beats,try's to beat or threatens your life..immediately

2. Never marry a woman with kids from a previous marriage and you won't have to worry about point 2.

3. Definitely keep a separate bank account if you want any chance of salvaging your hard earned if your relationship goes pear shape

4. Leave any woman that insists on taking trips back to Thailand without you.

5. Understand Thai woman can be worse than western women if you allow them to take control of the ship.

6. Unfortunately there is no type of goverment service in any country that would assist a male over a female. Out of luck there guys

• Like 1

My advice to the ladies.

1-leave any man that beats you the first time

2-leave a man that does not treat your daughter as his daughter

3-Keep a separate bank account

4-leave any man that takes a trip to Thailand without you

5- understand western men can be just as flawed as Thai men

6- there are government services and programs that can assist them.

What about some advice for us men? Come on, don't be so one sided.

1. Leave any woman that beats,try's to beat or threatens your life..immediately

2. Never marry a woman with kids from a previous marriage and you won't have to worry about point 2.

3. Definitely keep a separate bank account if you want any chance of salvaging your hard earned if your relationship goes pear shape

4. Leave any woman that insists on taking trips back to Thailand without you.

5. Understand Thai woman can be worse than western women if you allow them to take control of the ship.

6. Unfortunately there is no type of goverment service in any country that would assist a male over a female. Out of luck there guys

1. Seems pretty simple.

2.I agree, never marry a woman with kids, especially if they are male.

3.I agree.

4.Not sure about this.

5. The control is often handed over immediately after the guy builds a house in Thailand. The relationship usually declines from there rapidly.

6. There should be.

Now that last line is some dam good advice.

It's one of my strongest opinions after seeing so many relationships fail.

The other one is never buy/build a house in her name until you've been married for 5 years.

Try this one then.

I came to Thai to compete in a surfboard competition in Phuket.

I met a nice young lass from Isaan. . . . and made her pregnant. In order for her to make a pro-life choice, I gave her enough money to build a house. In Isaan. Well. Nong Kai, it turned out wasn't a cosmopolitan city with what was once an international airport, but a "province", and the house was built on the outskirts of a village, about as far as you can fling a village away from civilisation.

I never bothered with papers. I just said its for you and our kid.

The gene tests returned positive. . . and despite long absences, 6 years later, I am as welcome there, as the time it all started.

She says the house is mine. Papers or not.

In spirit.

Its even been through an, another woman phase.

I've had many girlfriends and a couple of ex-wives now and this is the lovingest, loyalest lady I think I've ever met.

So for me. There are no rules in this world.

People are people and the same anywhere.

Other than there own particular, peculiar and fascinating culture, there is nothing typically Thai, as far as morals or ethics go.

It saddens me to see so many people trying to pigeon hole other people and make definitive statements about others, according

to their own limited experience.

This is all bigotry and racism and I wish people would get over it.

• Like 2

And how many good relationships do friends of your Thai wife have? Or are they all battered beaten and bruised physically and or mentally?

Seems odd that 4/4 are so badly treated.

Hes trying to demonstrate a point.

It'd be a bit pointless to mention her other 12, or whatever number Thai girfriends who are happily co-habitating , wouldnt it?

Where did he say she only has 4 friends ?

Geez...

I would put it in that way. Marry a Thai woman and live with her for 5 years in Thailand first. If you can't make it with your wife in Thailand for five years forget about the UK

It happens all over the world and blokes hitting women is pathetic, but for every 'lady' having a rough time in your stories (I bet they're getting plenty of coin home to momma), you can bet your bottom dollar with the tables turned it is upwards of 100-fold in this neck of the woods. Have you come across any of the stories where the Thai wives have their decent farang husbands killed and barbecued, hacked up, taken into the woods and shot? And the propensity for the guy being taken to the cleaners here is just not funny. Neither wrong is right on either shore, but I think you lean toward mawkishness as to their plight and overlook the other.

Hmm So how many of your friends here in Thailand have been killed by their Thai wife? Hacked up, taken into the wood and shot? So please tell me how many of your friends has this happened to?

For me I dont know any. Also I dont have any expat friends that have lost a house or a car. All my expat friends must be smarter than the average guy that has lost a house, car and all their money. Most of my friends are happily married. A few have been divorced and working on their second Thai relationship but all still very much alive with money in the bank.

all I seem to see is men whining about there lost love and the way they are treat by there Thai wife's/Girlfriends.

Could it be those type of posts are the ones that interest you and they are the ones you read?

There are many many post on TV that have nothing to do with whining, lost loves,Thai wives or girlfriends.

I find the site very informative about many issues and topics....like visas!

​There is plenty of whining, gossip, humor and hogwash as well.

I believe we find what we want here and that is what we choose to read.

Thank you!

No wonder you've not been on here for a while, can't read anymore of this tripe.

you really should be applauded you can even reads. after 128 posts you must have really put some intelligent posts and given some really good advice to this forum.

Nothing stopping these girls going to the pigs where unlike Thailand something can be done nobody likes a wife beater Or going back to Thailand unless of course they are sticking it out for the passport and all the lovely benefits.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Your answer/comment is a disgrace showing your utter contempt to Thais. Can you please indicate to us what the "lovely benefits" are? You, as well as all of us, know what it means to Thais (not only to Thais, to a lot of us, as well) to lose face and that would be the case with most girls coming back. So please, be careful with your statements and if that is the way you feel about Thais, may I suggest that you go back to your home. It must be awful to live among people you despise to that extent!

I think he makes the point that the police (and women's support services) in the UK are serious about domestic violence; he's also right that many women do stick it out until they get British citizenship & then dump their spouse and get half of his possessions, their children, plus income support & child tax credits & a free council house & council tax paid; and a pension to boot. They might not best be described as "lovely benefits" but none of this would be available back home in Thailand!

• Like 1

The common thread is that the girls all went to the UK. When you go to a foreign country, you become very vulnerable and the other person gains the power in the relationship. Except in the USA, where the govt intercedes on behalf of the foreigner against the citizen! If the women are unhappy, leave! Return to Thailand.

For men, do not EVER bring a foreign women to your country. She will be homesick and unhappy. Go to HER country. If you cannot make money overseas, work and SAVE until you can live there. Do not EVER buy a house in someone else's name! Don't EVER marry either. No sin sot (dowry), no in-laws. My motto: Always rent; never buy! Also, get a vasectomy. Then you NEVER need to worry about child support.

• Like 1

I have been to many restaurants and guesthouses in various cities where the husband will sit around and read the paper, totally ignoring his wife and not even doing such simple tasks as getting a drink out of the fridge.

It is because if he does that, he risks loosing his visa and can be fined and even being deported.

Better to not lift a finger.

Here is another Case for you-

Man meets girlfriend in Thailand, date for 14 years straight, no major problems. She visits him for 3 months at a time (on his dime) in South Korea (se does visa runs back and forth to thailand every 3 months). 1 year ago they get married. Recently had a child together. He never hits her, they live full time in SK and plan to retire early in Thailand in the future.

The end.

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing stopping these girls going to the pigs where unlike Thailand something can be done nobody likes a wife beater Or going back to Thailand unless of course they are sticking it out for the passport and all the lovely benefits.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Your answer/comment is a disgrace showing your utter contempt to Thais. Can you please indicate to us what the "lovely benefits" are? You, as well as all of us, know what it means to Thais (not only to Thais, to a lot of us, as well) to lose face and that would be the case with most girls coming back. So please, be careful with your statements and if that is the way you feel about Thais, may I suggest that you go back to your home. It must be awful to live among people you despise to that extent!

Wind yer neck in