United Airlines - Eastern Canada to Bangkok - Under CAD $850 Return

Taggart

Probably the lowest air fares from eastern Canada I've seen. Departures from Toronto (YYZ), Montreal (YUL), Ottawa (YOW) or Quebec City (YQB) to Bangkok for under CAD $850 return (all inclusive). A few departure dates found between November through April. You can find them through a flight search engine or at the United Airlines website.

Seriously hardcore trip from Quebec to BKK - 19 hours ?? I seem to recall a guy on another board telling me that from his home in upstate NY to LOS via NYC meant a day and a half of travel - I guess we Aussies really take our proximity to SE Asia for granted. One more long-haul flight and I'll only ever be an hour or two from Bangkok - bring that on :D

Did you purchase a ticket? If so, can you share any details re: approx dep/ret, routing, carriers (code-shares?). 850 CAD all in sounds like a potential "mistake-fare" - which UA typically honors - or a one-way, or sans YQ (fuel surcharge, which can be another 600 CAD).

I can see into some GDSes and do see what appears to be some potential mistake(s) on UA, but it could also be a promotional fare...

Dec 4 - Mar 5

Fare 1: Carrier UA KLE03GM0 YMQ to BKK (rules)
Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code K
Covers YUL-IAD (Economy), IAD-NRT (Economy), NRT-BKK (Economy)
CA$183.80
Fare 2: Carrier UA LLX03DM2 BKK to YMQ (rules)
Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code L
Covers BKK-NRT (Economy), NRT-IAD (Economy), IAD-YUL (Economy)
CA$410.00
Japan International Passenger Facility Charge (SW) CA$22.40
Passenger Security Service Charge (OI) CA$11.00
(YQ) CA$315.60
US September 11th Security Fee (AY) CA$5.40
USDA APHIS Fee (XA) CA$10.60
US Immigration Fee (XY) CA$15.00
US Customs Fee (YC) CA$11.80
Montreal Trudeau Airport Improvement Fee (SQ) CA$25.00
Canadian Goods and Services Tax (XG) CA$1.25
Quebec Sales Tax (XQ) CA$2.49
Canadian Air Travelers Security Charge (CA) CA$25.91
Thailand Passenger Service Charge (TS) CA$23.30
US Passenger Facility Charge (XF) CA$4.80
Subtotal per passenger CA$1,068.55
Number of passengers x1
TOTAL AIRFARE & TAXES CA$1,068.55
This ticket is non-refundable.
Changes to this ticket will incur a penalty fee.

Did you purchase a ticket?

No. I already bought my ticket with JAL weeks ago for travel from YYZ to BKK through the U.S. for under CAD $1030, and I thought that was a great fare at the time. Just sharing this United Airlines deal with others.

Dec 4 - Mar 5

I' just checked the United Airlines (Canadian website) this moment and for travel from YUL to BKK departing on Dec 4th and returning Mar 5th I got an air fare of CAD $842.55. Now admittedly the layover in Chicago on the return journey at 6 hours is extremely long, but the mentioned fares do exist. You just have to search for them. At the United site, if you're a bit flexible with dates, it helps to use the option of " Find Lower Fare +/- 3 Days

OK, I was looking at UA metal so I wasn't looking at codeshares. If I do, I now see these incredible fares. $813.70 (USD). thumbsup.gif

1 Adults (age 18 to 64) $659.00
Additional Taxes/Fees $154.70
Total $813.70

Connections via IAD/NRT and EWR/NRT are fantastic, couldn't ask for better connections.

Good find.