A Bloody Bad Night!

khunopie

OK ... did I miss something? ... in the OP's first remark ... he goes with a girl ... drinks .... comes to in a hospital with a BUMP on his head ......

where did Taxexile's drugs come from?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK ... did I miss something? ... in the OP's first remark ... he goes with a girl ... drinks .... comes to in a hospital with a BUMP on his head ......

Well from the description he gave, sounds like his drink was spiked. (mickey finned) So Tax was providing further info of that nature.

Very hard to believe, as hospitals in Thailand will mot treat you without the ability to pay.

Barry

I've been treated, without them checking, at a couple of good hospitals a few years back when I was drunk. As it happened I didn't have the money. One, I did a runner - in Nontaburi. I went back 5 years later and paid them :o . The other one, Nontavej took me out in the morning in a wheelchair to the ATM. I didn't have any money in it so they refused to let me go - I had to call my boss and tell him to come and pay the bill.

And?

Expecting sympathy?

This is what Thailand is known for. Do some guys actually think that these girls want to show you the town cause they think your cute? yer right.

Sorry but we hear these stories all the time.

Ya a little sour because no ones ever tried druggin u with more than a chicken kebab to get u on yer back? :o

And?

Expecting sympathy?

This is what Thailand is known for. Do some guys actually think that these girls want to show you the town cause they think your cute? yer right.

Ya a little sour because no ones ever tried druggin u with more than a chicken kebab to get u on yer back? :o

Sorry but I think before you add a reply you should find more info on the person you comment to or about. I am gay & have been in 2 relationships 1 @ 18years and current 6 years (Both Thai). I am not a girl like you seem to suggest. And I don't go to bars like people think all Gays do. Thaivisa is supposed to be for useful information about Thailand not stupid comments or attacks on others. Thankyou

And?

Expecting sympathy?

Sorry but I think before you add a reply you should find more info on the person you comment to or about. I am gay & have been in 2 relationships 1 @ 18years and current 6 years (Both Thai). I am not a girl like you seem to suggest. And I don't go to bars like people think all Gays do. Thaivisa is supposed to be for useful information about Thailand not stupid comments or attacks on others. Thankyou

Whatever floats your boat, but before expecting respect off of other members, you should perhaps be a little more understanding when replying; ie - "Sorry but we hear these stories all the time" :D

Edited by jackr

Well, I did pay in full, and after all this I can't fault the girl, or who ever for robbing me... just doing her job as a opportunistic thief. Bumrungrad is guilty of over treating me, I believe. Had I been a well dressed Thai wonder what the Bill would have been? :o

Well, I did pay in full, and after all this I can't fault the girl, or who ever for robbing me... just doing her job as a opportunistic thief. Bumrungrad is guilty of over treating me, I believe. Had I been a well dressed Thai wonder what the Bill would have been? :o

"I cant fault the girl" Good Joke!

Actually, your whole story is a joke. On reading your story, i asked relatives (Working at Bumrungrad) to verify the admission of such a westerner and the price he was charged but sorry...... good story....

They said that anyone in this kind of condition would be sent to a government hospital and not a private on. As some readers said before, a private hospital like Bumrungrad would not accept patients like this unless they knew they could foot the bill.

It is advised to stop slandering Bumrungrad Hospital with your tale.

"I cant fault the girl" - anyway man, spiking a person's drink to steal isnt just theft, but the courts can lock up the criminal for years. It is a very serious offense, which can kill.

Edited by Namprik

They said that anyone in this kind of condition would be sent to a government hospital and not a private on. As some readers said before, a private hospital like Bumrungrad would not accept patients like this unless they knew they could foot the bill.

Actually, i don't know if the OP's story is true or not. But what i can assure is that while being drugged you can do strange things which you are only momentarily aware of but cannot remember when the effects wore off.

It is very possible that he assured the hospital that he can pay with a credit card when he walked in.

I was once drugged in Pakisthan in a bus, fortunately just before the incident i have eaten something very oily which must have bound some of the drugs. I was near paralised, but just aware enough to hold on my valuables (very tiny memories that some other bus passengers might have told the guys who drugged me to leave me alone, but that might have been only my imagination).

I have only very slight memories of taking a three wheeler and checkig into a hotel. No memory whatsoever about washing all my laundry (i have thrown up all over myself and my bags), but i was assured by the hotel staff when i finally woke up that i washed it myself.

A joke eh? well pm me the contact details of someone in BH who can help me redeam my 33K and 20% is yours. no kidding.

I am with the the poster who says that unless you can susbstantiate your claim, you should quit slagging off Bumrungrad.

there is something inherently wrong with your claim.

If you were serious and not only intent on moaning, you could well have dealt with at the time.

perhaps you were too embarrased to deal with it at the time, and it is only now that you have worked up enough righteous indignation to start bitching about it on the internet?

either way, if you have a valid claim, get on the phone, go down in person, just do something about it. there are plenty of people on staff who can hear you out. Talk to international services, take an elevator to the 12th floor and ask to talk to someone in the executive offices or give it a rest.

you could also do your "socializing" in a country that has free medical or where you are covered.

you claim you were the one found unconscuious and you did recieve treatment. how did they do you wrong again?

Actually, your whole story is a joke. On reading your story, i asked relatives (Working at Bumrungrad) to verify the admission of such a westerner and the price he was charged but sorry...... good story....

Well, it is nice to learn that Bumrungrad maintains such a good patient privacy policy. :D

Perhaps in the future your relatives will allow us access to all the patient's records on file. :o

Well, it is nice to learn that Bumrungrad maintains such a good patient privacy policy. :D

Perhaps in the future your relatives will allow us access to all the patient's records on file. :D

Or maybe hes talkin shit..

Every time I have been in Bumrungrad in the early hours there have been pissed up westerners hobbling about :o

Every time I have been in Bumrungrad in the early hours there have been pissed up westerners hobbling about :o

lol, so it's no different to The Hospitals back in England on a Friday night.

I'm very sorry to hear of your disasterous evening. I don't understand some of the posters who seem to hold you responsible for this event. You were with a friend--4 of you planning on going to sing Karoke, you and a girl leave. Sounds pretty safe to me.

By the way, I have a new respect for the hospital. Personally, I am glad to know they are willing to do what is necessary to find out what is wrong with a patient. It may be expensive, but it's good care. I get so tired of things being done on the cheap.

I know the cost will hurt, but better safe than sorry.

...I thought it would never happen to me...
Could have been worse, could have ended up with cigarette burns or other, dumped off in another part of town,

Hearing of events like these can keep the odds down for others though,

Keep your wits about you, keep an eye on your drink,

Still you have to watch that dam demon liquor, all the best laid plans and precaution go right out the window as judgment gets displaced,

If you've already established an account at Bumrurgrad, it's reasonable they wouldn't withhold expensive tests or lab work,

Anyway, glad to hear your ok, albeit minus a little money and bump on your head, :o

Well from the description he gave, sounds like his drink was spiked. (mickey finned) So Tax was providing further info of that nature.

Huh? Occam's razor .... Drunk-Bump on the head (enough for the Dr's to run a CT Scan)-hungover explain all the symptoms

Actually, i don't know if the OP's story is true or not. But what i can assure is that while being drugged you can do strange things which you are only momentarily aware of but cannot remember when the effects wore off.

It is very possible that he assured the hospital that he can pay with a credit card when he walked in.

I was once drugged in Pakisthan in a bus, fortunately just before the incident i have eaten something very oily which must have bound some of the drugs. I was near paralised, but just aware enough to hold on my valuables (very tiny memories that some other bus passengers might have told the guys who drugged me to leave me alone, but that might have been only my imagination).

I have only very slight memories of taking a three wheeler and checkig into a hotel. No memory whatsoever about washing all my laundry (i have thrown up all over myself and my bags), but i was assured by the hotel staff when i finally woke up that i washed it myself.

xxxxxxxxxxx If you just feel like name calling go do it elsewhere, otherwise try discussing things in a grown up manner xxxxxxxxxxxx

Edited by cdnvic

Regarding the drug testing kit - great idea - but how many people are going to carry it around AND remember to use it before sipping from their next drink? It's certainly a start though.

As for the hospital bill - I am VERY surprised at this - virtually all hospitals I have had anything to do with want to verify that you can pay before doing anything - if the OP had his money and credit cards stolen, I think the hospital was taking a very big risk in working on him. Again, surprised, but in a pleasant way for once - even though the bill was high...

No doubt, the hospital went on appearances. The poor victim must have looked like he had the necessary finances somewhere; shoes, clothes, grooming and a general sense that they would not be short changed.

These druggings appear to be happening almost every day now. And the cases that do get reported are just the tip of the iceberg, I reckon.

Perhaps in the future your relatives will allow us access to all the patient's records on file. :D

Now you wouldn't have happened to have been one of those pissed up westerners hobbling about by any chance? :D

Regarding the drug testing kit - great idea - but how many people are going to carry it around AND remember to use it before sipping from their next drink? It's certainly a start though.

As for the hospital bill - I am VERY surprised at this - virtually all hospitals I have had anything to do with want to verify that you can pay before doing anything - if the OP had his money and credit cards stolen, I think the hospital was taking a very big risk in working on him. Again, surprised, but in a pleasant way for once - even though the bill was high...

No doubt, the hospital went on appearances. The poor victim must have looked like he had the necessary finances somewhere; shoes, clothes, grooming and a general sense that they would not be short changed.

These druggings appear to be happening almost every day now. And the cases that do get reported are just the tip of the iceberg, I reckon.

again ... druggings?

did the OP ever state he was drugged? or was that just the rampant speculation that goes on?

again ... druggings?

did the OP ever state he was drugged? or was that just the rampant speculation that goes on?

Well.... the OP did say this.....

I get out of bed and feel the effects being drugged... a bit wobbly and buzzed... but want to leave.

totster :o

Again .... Occams Razor .... he was drunk ... hit on the head ... (enough to get a CT scan) ... has a lump .... and hungover?

explains the symptoms more eloquently than a drug

Again .... Occams Razor .... he was drunk ... hit on the head ... (enough to get a CT scan) ... has a lump .... and hungover?

explains the symptoms more eloquently than a drug

I only replied to your question concerning the OP mentioning drugs. And I would also assume that other posters are making reference to drugs because the OP mentioned it.

totster :o

I would be more interested in what happened to his friend at the bar that went with the other woman. Did the same happen to him and where is he or that woman now? Not enough info to go on with what's the OP has supplied so far. If he suspects the Roo bar on Soi 4, has he returned there and has he asked anything of the manager?