Do you remember?.......

weegee

Tomorrow is the day we remember all of the brave and patriotic men and women who responded when their government called them to lay their lives on the line doing what their government told them to do' even when it was wrong.

I would like to see a day to remember those who were strong enough to say no, when told to do the wrong thing too..

Both require bravery and integrity.

Edited by willyumiii
  • Like 2

This is not said to get your goats...to anger you...or to start anything....our forefathers fought the good fight ...AND THEY SHOULD BE HONORED!...But wars and the deaths that follow...well ...that's a government thing ...Governments start wars ...governments train their young (innocent 18 year old's) to fight and kill for what the government thinks is right...You ask the people of any country ...where ever ...and the people just want a job, to feed their family and house them ....to take care of them...Governments (politicians to be exact) are the cause of MANY of the world problems ...not the people...most people are good at heart and think the same! Give a politician power ....and well it goes to their head ....sorry I'm just a layman ...not an intellectual ...but that's how I see the world...power obviously corrupts....and politicians are the most corrupt ....as for the people and sons lost...yes ...honor them ...they did what they thought right and only wish EVERYONE did what they thought right......Politicians think with their bank account and what can it get them...

Just my humble opinion

This is not said to get your goats...to anger you...or to start anything....our forefathers fought the good fight ...AND THEY SHOULD BE HONORED!...But wars and the deaths that follow...well ...that's a government thing ...Governments start wars ...governments train their young (innocent 18 year old's) to fight and kill for what the government thinks is right...You ask the people of any country ...where ever ...and the people just want a job, to feed their family and house them ....to take care of them...Governments (politicians to be exact) are the cause of MANY of the world problems ...not the people...most people are good at heart and think the same! Give a politician power ....and well it goes to their head ....sorry I'm just a layman ...not an intellectual ...but that's how I see the world...power obviously corrupts....and politicians are the most corrupt ....as for the people and sons lost...yes ...honor them ...they did what they thought right and only wish EVERYONE did what they thought right......Politicians think with their bank account and what can it get them...

Just my humble opinion

The worldwide killing of the innocent in this day and age has nothing to do with politicians.

Just my humble opinion

The worldwide killing of the innocent in this day and age has nothing to do with politicians.

I respectfully disagree......Most if not ALL wars are the result of politicians.....whether religious or governmental.... but again ...that's just my opinion

And Transam ....if its important to you to deny that politicians are at the heart of much of the world wide problems and escalations of war....well ....that's your opinion....OK...

Edited by beachproperty

Just my humble opinion

I respectfully disagree......Most if not ALL wars are the result of politicians.....whether religious or governmental.... but again ...that's just my opinion

And Transam ....if its important to you to deny that politicians are at the heart of much of the world wide problems and escalations of war....well ....that's your opinion....OK...

No excuse for the premeditated planning of killing kids in shopping malls is there. What goes through the minds of those pulling the trigger on a kid. ?

• Like 1

Just my humble opinion

No excuse for the premeditated planning of killing kids in shopping malls is there. What goes through the minds of those pulling the trigger on a kid. ?

Yes Transam...they will always be "sick" people who kill as individuals ....but why is it that we give a pass to Politicians who order the killing of "thousands".....just a thought

and just as an afterthought ....I thought this post was to remember and respect those who have died in wars past (mostly young 18 to 20 year old's sent to kill by their governments) ...not to divert such respect with thoughts of all the psycho's of this world has created

Edited by beachproperty

Just my humble opinion

And beachproperty... I ask you....who voted in these politicians of today? think about it

This is about remembering, anyway.....you know, what the older generations told us about a world under the aggressor, if they allowed it to happen.

• Like 2

Just my humble opinion

And beachproperty... I ask you....who voted in these politicians of today? think about it

This is about remembering, anyway.....you know, what the older generations told us about a world under the aggressor, if they allowed it to happen.

I agree ...this is about "remembering" those who gave their life in what they believed was an honorable pursuit.....

I was just trying to point out the root of why we have to remember these brave young people who believed what the government was telling them....

More recently in history The US gov. sent many thousands of young men to their death in South East Asia ....and those that survived were treated like sh#t when they returned. home....Government at work .....History is history...and it repeats itself.........at the root is Politicians protecting the corporate world not the simple life I want to live...Yes ...if someone invades my space ...I will protect it and my family...and so it should be....but again ...as I said...I am a simple man ...not an intellectual...and EVERYMAN is entitled to an opinion ...this is just mine......

AGAIN....let's honor and respect those who have died in wars past ....They did what they believed in ....BUT the bureaucrat (politician) NO I will not respect ....

IMHO

So you don't respect the USA President of the day decision to help the UK Common Wealth and others fight against the Nazi. ?

transam...you have over 20,000 posts....I suspect you have something better to say than to try to egg me into an argument for argument sake. I will NOT take the bait....yes I am new here ...so what!....does that mean my opinion is less than yours....I think not ...it just means I joined a lot later than you did...AND I have an opinion....AND I have given it ....I have said NOTHING to disrespect those who have died in previous wars.... I respect their honor to duty....What I said is I have no respect for politicians......You obviously must have been one of those "great" politicians in that illustrious world power Where the "sun never set"( and no longer a world power....won't go into the countries in Europe who have more power on the world stage....but that's my point....All about power...Politicians!)......if so ...I have to say I have no respect for you as " I have no respect for any politician"....IMHO

Edited by beachproperty

So you don't respect the USA President of the day decision to help the UK Common Wealth and others fight against the Nazi. ?

transam...you have over 20,000 posts....I suspect you have something better to say than to try to egg me into an argument for argument sake. I will NOT take the bait....yes I am new here ...so what!....does that mean my opinion is less than yours....I think not ...it just means I joined a lot later than you did...AND I have an opinion....AND I have given it ....I have said NOTHING to disrespect those who have died in previous wars.... I respect their honor to duty....What I said is I have no respect for politicians......You obviously must have been one of those "great" politicians in that illustrious world power Where the "sun never set"( and no longer a world power....won't go into the countries in Europe who have more power on the world stage....but that's my point....All about power...Politicians!)......if so ...I have to say I have no respect for you as " I have no respect for any politician"....IMHO

Forget post numbers, I am ME, OK. I am not or never will or want to be a politition, OK. I don't like them either, BUT, they at times make decisions that they know will cost their country mens lives. I for one do not understand many decisions but I do know that WW2, Bosnia were decisions where courageous decisions were made to save life in foreign lands.

Forget post numbers, I am ME, OK. I am not or never will or want to be a politition, OK. I don't like them either, BUT, they at times make decisions that they know will cost their country mens lives. I for one do not understand many decisions but I do know that WW2, Bosnia were decisions where courageous decisions were made to save life in foreign lands.

IF you haven't figured it out yet ...your number of posts means NOTHING to me.......with that said...you know what ...I agree ....but most of those "great" decisions in WW2 Were made by the generals on the ground(not politcicians)...even with the infighting between the different generals from different countries as to who was "Boss". As for Bosnia....How many years did the politicians of the west debate before taking action (and while they debated how many useless and unnecessary deaths occurred)

You know what Transam ...as much as you want to attack me and my opinions ...this post is all about honoring and respecting those who did their duty and died....I for one respect that and am not trying to detract that respect by attacking YOU....maybe you should do the same....or is it important to you to WIN and be right?

Edited by beachproperty

IF you haven't figured it out yet ...your number of posts means NOTHING to me.......with that said...you know what ...I agree ....but most of those "great" decisions in WW2 Were made by the generals on the ground(not politcicians)...even with the infighting between the different generals from different countries as to who was "Boss". As for Bosnia....How many years did the politicians of the west debate before taking action (and while they debated how many useless and unnecessary deaths occurred)

You know what Transam ...as much as you want to attack me and my opinions ...this post is all about honoring and respecting those who did their duty and died....I for one respect that and am not trying to detract that respect by attacking YOU....maybe you should do the same....or is it important to you to WIN and be right?

If you think I am ''attacking'' you then I will end our discussion cos you do not understand my words. Thats OK.

Tomorrow I will be at a ceremony and make a/my salute.

transam

If you think I am ''attacking'' you then I will end our discussion cos you do not understand my words. Thats OK.

Tomorrow I will be at a ceremony and make a/my salute.

===============================================================================================

And good for you......as we should ALL honor those who have died in the effort to give us a better and safer life

So! ....looks like no one cares hey?????? what a sad state of affairs, when they can complain about everything here on TVF, and not one word for those that made it possible......spoilt brats and sooks!!!!!Posted Image

I always remember.....

I always remember too. I believe I am who I am and who I want to be, because of them

May they always be remembered

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

For the information of members who wonder what this topic is about, because the OP did not make it clear, neither in the topic title nor in the opening post:

Remembrance Day (also known as Poppy Day or Armistice Day) is a memorial day observed inCommonwealth countries since the end of World War I to remember the members of their armed forces who have died in the line of duty.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remembrance_Day

• Like 1