Two Russian tourists abused by drunken Thai teenage gang

webfact

How can you be a teenager when you are 25 ? They use a special lotion or creme ?

And should it not be " Two drunken Russian tourists abused by teenage gang" ? Sorry to all Russians for the generalization !!

You must have X-Ray eyes or something, or maybe mine aren't working today because I didn't read anything about the Russians being drunk. Where did it say that?

It's true .... you did not read !!!

Ah.. So it was just a racist remark, that's okay then. I thought my eyes were playing up or something!!

I would call a Russian drunk remark not racist, it is a standard option most of them come with, they call it anti-freeze .

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quality tourists welcomed by quality locals!!w00t.gif.pagespeed.ce.fUUOmDCInI.gif width=18 alt=w00t.gif>

what makes a quality tourist ? coming from western Europe ? Australia ? US ? so the people of other countries are not good enough ? could be interesting to know according to your opinion what define a Quality tourist.

I agree with you. There are drunken <deleted> from every country there. Nationality does not define behaviour.

• Like 2

Tourist Minister today plans to introduce a Plan to Kill the Goose that lays the Golden Eggs. Chief of Police states that he does not see the need to change the shift rotation as his officiers like to be home with the family for dinner followed by drinking with friends and TV watching.

Tourists on holidays need to be more disciplined and not go out after dark and do not drink outside of their hotel rooms. Land of Smiles is only open from sunrise to sunset .... then it becomes the Hub of Street Gangs! wai2.gif

Or the Hub of Hooliganism. This would work for me as long as I had some very local companionship.

Quality tourists welcomed by quality locals!!w00t.gif

what makes a quality tourist ? coming from western Europe ? Australia ? US ? so the people of other countries are not good enough ? could be interesting to know according to your opinion what define a Quality tourist.

How about tourists that are not: always out on the piss,don't dress in vests and shorts - all the time and every where, disrespect all Thais and treat all Thais the same as they treat the bar girls and other assorted whores they chase after. Ladies who shove in front of everyone, and wear little clothes to cover their aging and vastly overweight bodies, showing their class with their general behavior and manners.

Quality tourists might be the ones who dress appropriately for where they are, treat Thais and other foreigners with manners and in a civil way, and spend time doing what they want, but in a way that is not obtrusive to anyone else.

People's behavior is influenced by the cultural norms and values they learnt and responded to whilst growing up an living in a particular society. Whilst this partially explains the difference in accepted behavior, stereotyping does not allow for individual differences and leads to to much generalization. Therefore you logic of assuming that this differentiation is or could be based on geographical origian or nationality is flawed.

• Like 1

How can you be a teenager when you are 25 ? They use a special lotion or creme ?

And should it not be " Two drunken Russian tourists abused by teenage gang" ? Sorry to all Russians for the generalization !!

How can 4 people armed with weapons attacking people simply be abuse? More like affray and assault with a weapon serious crimes in Australia

Maybe the Russians refused to pay their 5,675 baht bill at the bar and the lads were just encouraging them to settle up?whistling.gif

You never know.rolleyes.gif

How can 4 people armed with weapons attacking people simply be abuse? More like affray and assault with a weapon serious crimes in Australia

In the U.S. it would be considered ADW (assault w/a deadly weapon),typically comes with a 5 yr. sentence.

Everybody that isn't Thai and a tourist no matter what country they are from ,sooner or later that nationality is making headlines!

We see many Russian tourists involved in incidents a little more often then the rest of the world .That's because they are the largest group visiting the LoS these days .I remember over the years belligerent people of all countries that have tourists here in numbers ,getting into skirmishes with the locals all over LoS!

There is a common denominator involved and that is BOOZE !

People that drink , not all of us mind you , get into fights allot more then non-imbibers!

So instead of telling us what Country the tourist or ex-pat are from , they should tell you what state of inebriation they are in . Cause one thing for certain , bad drunks are bad drunks , and every country has them '

Plus ,when your in a "raise some hell " atmosphere like many places in the world has, the bad drunks always seem

bent on ruining a good time for all us Happy Boozers ! It's just the way it is , so its time to stop bad mouthing the countries,

and put the blame where it belongs MR. BOOZE , a friend of the Devil , who rears his ugly face on certain people.

As my Dad use to say " I never go out on NY's Eve , cause that's when all the amateur boozers go out and cause too many problems!" Ain't it the truth , and here it feels like NY's Eve every night in the Party Zones of Thailand ,and a few other cities in the world like the French Quarter in New Orleans or the Combat Zone of Boston ; as just a few more examples!

You forgot Las Vegas.

And I was planning my first trip to Pattaya next week...

And ? No reason to cancel. Just think about not putting yourself into risk situations. The same as you would do for any other seaside resort aimed at adults and adult entertainment.

Please go ahead and cancel...it's mid-November now and the high-season crowds are already almost unbearable. All us pattaya expats will thank you.

• Like 1

There is so little in the way of crime and punishment here. Thailand is getting a reputation all over the world, as being one of the easiest countries on crime. You can pretty much commit any crime, anytime day or night, with or without witnesses, except anybody except a high ranking politician, and get away with it. Most of the time you will not get arrested. If you do get arrested nearly all the time they will give you a choice of buying you way out of it. And if it does proceed to court, one of those tiny minded, tiny hearted men or women with not a gram of courage in their bodies, nor an ounce of judgment will let you off completely, sentence you and then give you only probation, suspend the sentence, give you a fine of 500 or 1,000 baht, or slap your wrist. That is unless you are a foreigner without cash. So, I ask again where is the deterrent? The fortunate part is that the Thai people are generally not violent. Imaging if this were Honduras, or Mexico, or the US, any of the other countries with relatively high murder rates? Tourism would go directly into the toilet.

Once again, this is a news report by a Thai in their best English. This is not a crime report. Don't take it as 100% factual.

"5 male teenagers carrying weapons such as glass bottles and plastic chairs scuffling with the foreign tourists therefore the police rushed to intervene" So they would not intervene if weren't carrying weapons? How about adding a public flogging to the 500 baht fine... that might deter. Other things: I walk, and not to avoid paying 10 baht for transport, and even if I did, no grounds for a beating. Let's hope the word spreads among Russians, so that perhaps, just perhaps, the so called "low quality" (actually budget spending) tourists decide same as high rollers not to come. No tourists, no beatings of tourists. They will just go after expats like me. On second thought......

There is no mention in the article of the quality of the tourists.

Being from Russia, Australia, India, France, the US or the Middle East does not in itself make you a good or a bad quality tourist.

I often go to Pattaya and I feel less and less comfortable with the place. The locals are not really welcoming and I feel there is a lot of contempt for foreigners.

Try having the slightest argument with them

You must have X-Ray eyes or something, or maybe mine aren't working today because I didn't read anything about the Russians being drunk. Where did it say that?

I did not see that either, but if they were Russian and were not drunk, then they are definitely in the Russian minority...on that street. Perhaps they were not "yet" drunk?

• Like 1

I did not see that either, but if they were Russian and were not drunk, then they are definitely in the Russian minority...on that street. Perhaps they were not "yet" drunk?

Finally someone spotted the question mark !!!!

Yes, Northwestern Europe, and the US, East Asians like the Japanese and Koreans.

Lower quality tourists would be, mainly everything from Eastern Europe, Russia, Slovakia, Serbia, etc, and Southern Europe like Greece, Turkey, etc...

Finally someone spotted the question mark !!!!

Yes, I saw the question mark. Quite normal to put one when asking a question. What does that have to do with labelling the two Russians as drunks I have no idea though

Well they have the tourist court on their side and will get a slap on the wrist and a 500 bht fine.

Chooka get a grip mate. 500 baht and a slap on the wrist are for murders. This is surely a 100 baht fine and a handshake at best. :D

Tourist Minister today plans to introduce a Plan to Kill the Goose that lays the Golden Eggs. Chief of Police states that he does not see the need to change the shift rotation as his officiers like to be home with the family for dinner followed by drinking with friends and TV watching.

Tourists on holidays need to be more disciplined and not go out after dark and do not drink outside of their hotel rooms. Land of Smiles is only open from sunrise to sunset .... then it becomes the Hub of Street Gangs! wai2.gif

Its oh so very true. Killing the Goose that has brought 1000 golden eggs.

Of course everyone needs their wits about them when they are travelling, but ordinarily in the centre of a tourist resort, one doesn't normally expect to get the c**p kicked out of you by a gang.

Well tooo bad but meanwhile you have to be armed if you want to go out in night time, even in day time is better you are ready for any kind of attack!!!!!!!!!!!poor Thailand

No land if smile anymore!

Sometimes you really what country some posters are talking about...one can be sure they've never been to Thailand, however.

Everybody that isn't Thai and a tourist no matter what country they are from ,sooner or later that nationality is making headlines!

We see many Russian tourists involved in incidents a little more often then the rest of the world .That's because they are the largest group visiting the LoS these days .I remember over the years belligerent people of all countries that have tourists here in numbers ,getting into skirmishes with the locals all over LoS!

There is a common denominator involved and that is BOOZE !

People that drink , not all of us mind you , get into fights allot more then non-imbibers!

So instead of telling us what Country the tourist or ex-pat are from , they should tell you what state of inebriation they are in . Cause one thing for certain , bad drunks are bad drunks , and every country has them '

Plus ,when your in a "raise some hell " atmosphere like many places in the world has, the bad drunks always seem

bent on ruining a good time for all us Happy Boozers ! It's just the way it is , so its time to stop bad mouthing the countries,

and put the blame where it belongs MR. BOOZE , a friend of the Devil , who rears his ugly face on certain people.

As my Dad use to say " I never go out on NY's Eve , cause that's when all the amateur boozers go out and cause too many problems!" Ain't it the truth , and here it feels like NY's Eve every night in the Party Zones of Thailand ,and a few other cities in the world like the French Quarter in New Orleans or the Combat Zone of Boston ; as just a few more examples!

You forgot Las Vegas.

Hey old timer. There hasn't been a combat zone in Boston for 20 years. Chinatown and Yuppyville took it over.