What Is It With Hardley Riders?

H1w4yR1da

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes its loud, yes

it expensive, and yes its fun.

Enjoy your days and to hell with the rest.

Kurt

attachicon.gifDSC_0020.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC_0021.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC_0023.jpg

how much did you pay for it?

Rough price guide for 2013, give or take a few k.

the cheapest bike has the best handling ( all relatively speaking ) So fat bastards with loads of cash end up with a sofa on wheels.

Edited by pokerkid

Victory are building a new showroom and service centre in Bangkok......wonder if they will have a little corner for an Indian?

Maybe not the one you think! Yes they will also be the main dealer for indian motorcycles , the 2 brothers opening it are good friends of mine

http://static.thaivisa.com/forum//public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif CropperCapture13.jpg

Baggers are beautiful.

http://static.thaivisa.com/forum//public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif CropperCapture9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

That's good to know Barrybike. I take my hat off for the brothers taking on a venture such as they have.

My goal is to get a Vision down the track. Plowed all my spare cash into a housing development in Australia with my son so there is no spare cash left for toys!

Ps: I am looking forward to the opening day on the new shop.

Edited by BSJ

Cant beat the dynas for handling , also i dont ride in any slow lane , 75 to 85 being my preffered cruising speed , if i want to go over 115 mph ill ride my sport bike , its not about speed on a bigger Hd its a whole different buzz than any other bike

Hate to say it but if you're cruising on the highway at 75 to 85, you should be in the slow lane.

Edited by H1w4yR1da

Cant beat the dynas for handling , also i dont ride in any slow lane , 75 to 85 being my preffered cruising speed , if i want to go over 115 mph ill ride my sport bike , its not about speed on a bigger Hd its a whole different buzz than any other bike

Hate to say it but if you're cruising on the highway at 75 to 85, you should be in the slow lane.

Big bad boy I can go faster alert....

So you like to boast of exceeding 140kph on public roads and endangering others.....looks like you get 2 alerts now.

National Max speed limit on 3-4 lane highways is 120kmh. 2 lane 90kmh. So if your riding/driving in the outside/fast lane at 80-90kmh you should indeed pull over into a slower lane. If not for courtesy then for survival :)

Sent from my phone with the app thingy.

• Like 1

Cant beat the dynas for handling , also i dont ride in any slow lane , 75 to 85 being my preffered cruising speed , if i want to go over 115 mph ill ride my sport bike , its not about speed on a bigger Hd its a whole different buzz than any other bike ImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1384794389.409895.jpg , my streetbob custom

Tried again. Still can't see were it says 75-85 km per hour!!!!

Can anybody else???

Cant beat the dynas for handling , also i dont ride in any slow lane , 75 to 85 being my preffered cruising speed , if i want to go over 115 mph ill ride my sport bike , its not about speed on a bigger Hd its a whole different buzz than any other bike ImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1384794389.409895.jpg , my streetbob custom

Tried again. Still can't see were it says 75-85 km per hour!!!!

Can anybody else???

Or in fact 75-85 miles per hour..... dohh brain freeze :P:D

If you are not quite sharp enough to figure he was talking mph then debating with a child would be easier. Though he did not state mph when he was saying 75 - 85 the next sentence he stated that if he wanted to go 115 mph he would ride his sport bike. When I ride my bike alone I am always doing between 120 - 140 Kmph. When you ride with so many other bikes its quite normal to do 100 kmph. Now there are 2 obvious reasons people would choose the fast lane.

1. More son in roads to the south the slow lane is pounded out and has massive pot holes. Ruts and grooves in it
  2. Lots of traffic in the slow lane going even slower trying to ride in a big group is like trying to weave a snake though razor blades in Thailand.

So yea I get the picture you ride a crotch rocket and like to pick on big bad bikers cause they like to cruise through the roads enjoying the ride. We all concede here you are the best bike rider in Thailand and most likely in Asia. Grats you win a plastic bag full of crap to clean vaginas.

• Like 1

If you are not quite sharp enough to figure he was talking mph then debating with a child would be easier. Though he did not state mph when he was saying 75 - 85 the next sentence he stated that if he wanted to go 115 mph he would ride his sport bike. When I ride my bike alone I am always doing between 120 - 140 Kmph. When you ride with so many other bikes its quite normal to do 100 kmph. Now there are 2 obvious reasons people would choose the fast lane.

1. More son in roads to the south the slow lane is pounded out and has massive pot holes. Ruts and grooves in it
  2. Lots of traffic in the slow lane going even slower trying to ride in a big group is like trying to weave a snake though razor blades in Thailand.

So yea I get the picture you ride a crotch rocket and like to pick on big bad bikers cause they like to cruise through the roads enjoying the ride. We all concede here you are the best bike rider in Thailand and most likely in Asia. Grats you win a plastic bag full of crap to clean vaginas.

If you'd actually read through the previous 9 pages, you'd understand that the main gripe with Hardleys is not that they "cruise through the roads enjoying the ride", it's them blocking the fast lane (or all 3 lanes) while riding slowly. That complaint has been repeated many times in this thread.

Now the groups I occasionally ride with would cruise at, on open roads with little traffic, at 140kph++ and I'm definitely not the fastest in the group.

I've never ridden with a group who travel at 100kph. That's sounds a little dangerous to me. You'll be constantly checking out your rear view mirrors in case a fast moving vehicle comes up behind you. Thai drivers do often like to scare the crap out of slower moving bikes just for fun.

What bike do you ride? Not meant as a dis, I'm just curious about which bikes (besides Hardleys) group-ride at only 100kph.

Now why 'barrybike' is talking in mph, when kph is used here in Thailand I don't know. I've yet to see any legit bike in Thailand, big or small, whose speedometer reads in mph.

If you'd actually read through the previous 9 pages, you'd understand that the main gripe with Hardleys is not that they "cruise through the roads enjoying the ride", it's them blocking the fast lane (or all 3 lanes) while riding slowly. That complaint has been repeated many times in this thread.

Now the groups I occasionally ride with would cruise at, on open roads with little traffic, at 140kph++ and I'm definitely not the fastest in the group.

I've never ridden with a group who travel at 100kph. That's sounds a little dangerous to me. You'll be constantly checking out your rear view mirrors in case a fast moving vehicle comes up behind you. Thai drivers do often like to scare the crap out of slower moving bikes just for fun.

What bike do you ride? Not meant as a dis, I'm just curious about which bikes (besides Hardleys) group-ride at only 100kph.

Now why 'barrybike' is talking in mph, when kph is used here in Thailand I don't know. I've yet to see any legit bike in Thailand, big or small, whose speedometer reads in mph.

I still think in feet and inches AND mph...............thumbsup.gif ............smile.png

• Like 1

•  More son in roads to the south the slow lane is pounded out and has massive pot holes. Ruts and grooves in it
  • Lots of traffic in the slow lane going even slower trying to ride in a big group is like trying to weave a snake though razor blades in Thailand.

I still think in feet and inches AND mph...............Posted Image ............Posted Image

But So you always get the translation to M. CM and Km correct???? :D

That was kinda my point in asking. I thought I asked politely.

Sent from my aigoPadM60 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I still think in feet and inches AND mph...............thumbsup.gif ............smile.png

I've managed to convert my thinking to the metric system when dealing with length and weight. But I just can't accept kph, besides 100kph seeming like a lackluster number, I grew up in the 80's where 55mph and 88mph meant something haha.

Imported Harleys will read in MPH. And yea though its expensive there are some. I posted a picture on the what is your ride thread. I have a 2012 Fatboy Custom. 36 bikes is not easy to keep at 140++ due to different issues. 100kph with 36 bikes, I quite often ride in the very back to keep people from riding like knobs. When I am alone its more fun when in a big pack its more work. But if you read my replies about the road conditions (more so in the South) you would see why groups are all over the road. riding tight together and hitting ruts and holes can throw a bike more side spacing can save a bike that goes down from taking out others. I know when the group of guys I ride we are together we let anyone pass no worries but one can only do as the road conditions allow. As I said on page 9 or 7 or 9. I am more than willing to discuss rider styles and rules of the road over beer. I am even offering to buy. But this little crotch rocket vs Harley convo is getting stale. People calling me a pratt from behind a keyboard are just trolls and internet warriors.

post-145084-0-63316700-1384938424_thumb.

• Like 2

When I ride with Club Versys Thaiand, the cruising speed is 130 km/h. I recently went on a Real Motosports Kawasaki ride to Umphang and Mae Sot. On the highways, cruising speed 140, staggered formation in one lane. On the twisties, single file, speed determined by the leader - anything from 20 km/h to over 100km/h. And oh, group size was 35 bikes.

For those doing 100 km/h or less on the highways, I implore you to stay in the slow lane as you are a hazard to other road users as well if you are in the fast lane. Thai (and most likely other nationalities as well), will be forced to undertake you.

• Like 1

Imported Harleys will read in MPH. And yea though its expensive there are some. I posted a picture on the what is your ride thread. I have a 2012 Fatboy Custom. 36 bikes is not easy to keep at 140++ due to different issues. 100kph with 36 bikes, I quite often ride in the very back to keep people from riding like knobs. When I am alone its more fun when in a big pack its more work. But if you read my replies about the road conditions (more so in the South) you would see why groups are all over the road. riding tight together and hitting ruts and holes can throw a bike more side spacing can save a bike that goes down from taking out others. I know when the group of guys I ride we are together we let anyone pass no worries but one can only do as the road conditions allow. As I said on page 9 or 7 or 9. I am more than willing to discuss rider styles and rules of the road over beer. I am even offering to buy. But this little crotch rocket vs Harley convo is getting stale. People calling me a pratt from behind a keyboard are just trolls and internet warriors.

What do you mean by imported, they are all imported??

My ex grey imported Road King was reading km/h, It was a ex Japan bike and the shop in Pattaya took care of all the paper work regarding registration.

When I rode with HOG we were normally doing about 110-120 km/h when going on trips. Yes as you said in a big group the tailing bikes sometimes have to ride hard to keep up.

Very strict rules when riding in a big group, the road captain (first bike) set the pace and knows where we are going (hopefully, he-he) and we follow him and then last you have the sweeper.

On my first trip with HOG I got lost but thankfully the sweeper found me (Waaay up North East on a 4 day trip) and he guided my wife and I to the hotel for the evening.

We were always letting other bikes pass if they were going faster than us, off-course. Sometimes the local village boys were overtaking us on their modified small bikes and we always let them and keep our steady speed, no racing allowed. Some of them got a nasty surprise when we kept the speed up steep mountain climes, lol.

Up in the Loi mountain range the road captain advised us that normal rules don't apply any longer and we were free to go as we wanted but he gave us a friendly advise not to overdo it, he-he. So we were going for it, the Dyna's the fastest then followed by the touring models and last were the Softtail's, great fun even on a Harley, a HD is fun up the mountains due to the strong torque, they just go like a locomotive man.

No pick-up truck to pick up broken down bikes, it's not necessary any longer on modern HD's, only concern is the belt drive, you never know when they brake so I always carried a spare (never needed).

Ah I miss my trips with HOG I really do but I got a 4 year old son now, so when we go touring it is in the pick-up truck.

• Like 1

• More son in roads to the south the slow lane is pounded out and has massive pot holes. Ruts and grooves in it
  • Lots of traffic in the slow lane going even slower trying to ride in a big group is like trying to weave a snake though razor blades in Thailand.

Imported Harleys will read in MPH. And yea though its expensive there are some. I posted a picture on the what is your ride thread. I have a 2012 Fatboy Custom. 36 bikes is not easy to keep at 140++ due to different issues. 100kph with 36 bikes, I quite often ride in the very back to keep people from riding like knobs. When I am alone its more fun when in a big pack its more work. But if you read my replies about the road conditions (more so in the South) you would see why groups are all over the road. riding tight together and hitting ruts and holes can throw a bike more side spacing can save a bike that goes down from taking out others. I know when the group of guys I ride we are together we let anyone pass no worries but one can only do as the road conditions allow. As I said on page 9 or 7 or 9. I am more than willing to discuss rider styles and rules of the road over beer. I am even offering to buy. But this little crotch rocket vs Harley convo is getting stale. People calling me a pratt from behind a keyboard are just trolls and internet warriors.[/quot. thats a nice fatboy

• Like 1