TAT: No hotel cancellation yet despite travel warnings issued by 16 countries

webfact

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I do not want to be the single contrarian here, but why the need for the travel warnings? Has anyone heard of a single violent incident directed against foreigners? Not exactly like visiting Egypt, Syria, or Yemen, now is it? My guess is that if you ventured into the area where the protests are taking place, they would invite you to join them for some som tam. So, not sure what all the fuss is all about. Could someone explain this to me in a rational manner? Is all hell expected to break loose? I and nearly everyone else in this land hope the ridiculously simply minded amnesty proposals are shelved.

• Like 1

Well all those TAT infos or statements are done by the most stupid and responsible managers of TAT......so looking for cancelations of rooms right after some countries warned of Thailand trips......sure there is no cancelation going on! But this government will sure help to get the reputation of the country run down more quick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by semaritual

Another misleading headline. Sad that these countries see a need to state the blindingly obvious. Stay out of the (impending) warzone(s).

A non-story. Nothing to read here folk. Move along now, thank you.

Exactly - UK FO has a travel warning against US states bordering Mexico - so what?

War room ! Get real!

"War Room" is a common tag adopted by the corporate world, although certainly not universal. From my experience, it referes to a common room that accommodates people, hardware, software and infrastructure to coordinate projects, programs or other situations. Often times the "Generals" and staff from the company or entity meet there to plan strategy.

No need for anxiety, although TAT using that term does make me chuckle.

........"TAT has also worked closely with Overseas offices and hotel associations".......

Just can just see the 100 or so staff in the "war room"...tapping out thousands of emails to every H/Assoc and O/Seas "offices" (travel agents/foreign MBC's))....along the lines of

......"do not wully...everyting ok...twomuro all finis....and goes awa......yuu can go Thailand...it ok".......

Right on and correct "thhMan"........BS alright.......

• Like 1

Another misleading headline. Sad that these countries see a need to state the blindingly obvious. Stay out of the (impending) warzone(s).

A non-story. Nothing to read here folk. Move along now, thank you.

It may be "blindingly obvious" to those living in Thailand, but most visitors won't know the areas to avoid - "the (impending) warzone(s)" as you call them. There is little or nothing on the news here in the UK to indicate any problems. Advice from the UK's FCO and other countries is invaluable to visitors.

I wish to have this RELATED post accepted, The BKK to Nong Khai rail express de railed near Udon Thani today, Tourism will be affected by this. 6tourists were injured and the twisted carriages ended up in a pond.

Cancellations can be expected due to transport incidents like this occurring. TAT should push the transport minister re these uncalled for incidents.

In this day and age most embassy's are rather insipid and wallow in the rhetoric of political correctness.Merely frightened rabbits who do the minimum to hold on to there privileged positions. Last thing on their agenda is to upset their hosts. Empty shirts.

• Like 1

my Wife works at the Airport, and she reports sales has been down dramatically (over 60%) due to much less Travelers for the current season

maybe TAT only consults the one hotel where the relatives are living in ? ;)

We had a cancellation today. Should we inform TAT?

"He said that TAT officers have mingled with protesters at protest sites."

Yes if you can find a TAT officer in the crowd.......Protesters are the main source of information regarding hotel/tourism cancellations.

Come on folks, give the TAT a break!

Yes, I worked for it in another country for many years but I do not anymore, so I am not making this comment because of any old friendships.

The countries issuing the "warnings" are simply doing so as a "matter of course." If they don't and one of their citizens is injured, there would be "hell to pay on the home front". I have also done PR for the Government of my country of birth, so again, I know what I'm talking about.

Based on my years of experience, I know that the majority of would-be holiday makers are not going to cancel their plans to visit Thailand because of what is happening in BKK at the moment, so please stop "kicking the TAT."

If some of the "naysayers" think they can do better than the people who work with the Authority, I suggest they get off their posteriors and go Volunteer to do something to help promote the country that they have chosen to live in. The country that allows them to stay here, even if they can do nothing but grizzle about it. Suggest you either show some respect for Thailand or go home!

• Like 1

The Chinese numbers will plummet.

They have an inner fear of police/army action and don't want to be anywhere near it.

they can get that at home if they wanted it!

japanese tourists should fall too

the last time something like this happened their journalist got shot and the amnesty bill would have whitewashed it

In wake of the current political situation in Thailand, 16 countries worldwide have warned their people traveling in Thailand, for their own safety, not to go near or pass through any of the demonstration sites in the kingdom.

The countries include England, Norway, Germany, Hungary, Japan, Taiwan, Canada, Australia, Israel, Brazil, Singapore, Belgium, Spain, Netherlands, France, and Sweden.

TAT, We love you!!giggle.gif

You are the cornerstone of Thai society!!clap2.gif

Time for another forecast:

attachicon.gifDarts_in_a_dartboard.jpg

Surprise, surprise. The number of adventure-tourist have doubled!!whistling.gif

Adventure-tourist are defined by visitors who enjoy streetfighting, teargaszones, derailments, kamakazi minivandrivers, busdrivers fleeing the scene, doublepricing, illegal airport-touts, corruption, runway misses and last but not least overcrowded ferries with drugged captains!!

If all of the above is your cup of tea: Thailand is your destination!!

Rather a cheap shot from advanced member ... or maybe your just a "member" ..555

nothing to do with topic..

Pathetic , its <deleted> like you thet put people off forums , certainly not countries... idiot

Come on folks, give the TAT a break!

Yes, I worked for it in another country for many years but I do not anymore, so I am not making this comment because of any old friendships.

The countries issuing the "warnings" are simply doing so as a "matter of course." If they don't and one of their citizens is injured, there would be "hell to pay on the home front". I have also done PR for the Government of my country of birth, so again, I know what I'm talking about.

Based on my years of experience, I know that the majority of would-be holiday makers are not going to cancel their plans to visit Thailand because of what is happening in BKK at the moment, so please stop "kicking the TAT."

If some of the "naysayers" think they can do better than the people who work with the Authority, I suggest they get off their posteriors and go Volunteer to do something to help promote the country that they have chosen to live in. The country that allows them to stay here, even if they can do nothing but grizzle about it. Suggest you either show some respect for Thailand or go home!

Cannot volunteer, not allowed, classed as work, taking a job that a Thai should have.

By giving our views ie constructive criticism -feedback- in my experience anything that is not quite right has a adverse effect.

If TAT didn't come out with ridiculous figures-statements-every other day and used the 6 billion bht a year allocated to BETTER promote Thailand then they will be seen in a better light.

• Like 1

TAT, We love you!!giggle.gif

You are the cornerstone of Thai society!!clap2.gif

Time for another forecast:

attachicon.gifDarts_in_a_dartboard.jpg

Surprise, surprise. The number of adventure-tourist have doubled!!whistling.gif

Adventure-tourist are defined by visitors who enjoy streetfighting, teargaszones, derailments, kamakazi minivandrivers, busdrivers fleeing the scene, doublepricing, illegal airport-touts, corruption, runway misses and last but not least overcrowded ferries with drugged captains!!

If all of the above is your cup of tea: Thailand is your destination!!

Rather a cheap shot from advanced member ... or maybe your just a "member" ..555

nothing to do with topic..

Pathetic , its <deleted> like you thet put people off forums , certainly not countries... idiot

Advanced? Sittin here wondering which western country Lord Fontleroy's talking about until see about tea.

I kind of miss those more sophisticated fertilizer bombs, movie theatre, schools and shopping mall massacres. Oh and lets not forget marathon runs, speaking of your cup of tea.