Moving to pattaya for good in next 5 years

28pattaya

Pattaya in 5 years? With infra-structure problems that overwhelm the city already? Roads that can not be made wider to accommodate ever increasing traffic. Parking spaces where? A good rain and whole neighborhoods turn into flood areas. A sewage disposal system that exists on paper etc etc.........Current state of affairs. What's it going to be 5 years from now?

But in 5 years time, OP may find true condo-bargains. Especially condos bought by the Bangkok-Elite as a "weekend-retreat". Once they realize that it takes 4 hours to get to Pattaya and 4 hours back to Bangkok, those condos will be for sale at a very good price.

OP: 2 million Pounds, with a life expectancy of 40 to 50 years, is by far not enough. Face it !

Cheers.

swissie, in the relatively short time that I've been on this board, you have shown a talent for exaggeration that really is quite extroadinary. Carry on ;)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pattaya in 5 years? With infra-structure problems that overwhelm the city already? Roads that can not be made wider to accommodate ever increasing traffic. Parking spaces where? A good rain and whole neighborhoods turn into flood areas. A sewage disposal system that exists on paper etc etc.........Current state of affairs. What's it going to be 5 years from now?

But in 5 years time, OP may find true condo-bargains. Especially condos bought by the Bangkok-Elite as a "weekend-retreat". Once they realize that it takes 4 hours to get to Pattaya and 4 hours back to Bangkok, those condos will be for sale at a very good price.

OP: 2 million Pounds, with a life expectancy of 40 to 50 years, is by far not enough. Face it !

Cheers.

swissie, in the relatively short time that I've been on this board, you have shown a talent for exaggeration that really is quite extroadinary. Carry on wink.png

Sorry but I think he's spot on. Just look how it's changed in the last 5 year's.

North Pat's used to be nearly all German now it's little Petrograd.

The Traffic now is at best horrendous, 5 years it'll grind to a stop.

Edited by fredob43

I really like Naklua. Seems is dry when it is pouring rain in downtown. Also condo is nice in that I have no mosquito problems. If the soi dogs are barking, can just close the door. Same with noise neighbors or the band playing down the street. Get a nice ocean breeze if condo is close to the beach, so don't need to use air conditioner all day long. In a home, you are paying to air condition rooms you are not in, or they become hot rooms. Also no breeze on the ground because most houses have security fences around them, and of course the jungle and mosquito breeding close by. But I've only been retired here since August, so just my observations to date. thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Cheers.

swissie, in the relatively short time that I've been on this board, you have shown a talent for exaggeration that really is quite extroadinary. Carry on wink.png

Sorry but I think he's spot on. Just look how it's changed in the last 5 year's.

North Pat's used to be nearly all German now it's little Petrograd.

The Traffic now is at best horrendous, 5 years it'll grind to a stop.

And yet I've had two replies from folk who live on the darkside who tell me nothing changes for them in high season. What gives ?

(cant say that I was ever taken with either the 'German quarter' or the 'French quarter' - your mileage clearly varies)

I really like Naklua. Seems is dry when it is pouring rain in downtown. Also condo is nice in that I have no mosquito problems. If the soi dogs are barking, can just close the door. Same with noise neighbors or the band playing down the street. Get a nice ocean breeze if condo is close to the beach, so don't need to use air conditioner all day long. In a home, you are paying to air condition rooms you are not in, or they become hot rooms. Also no breeze on the ground because most houses have security fences around them, and of course the jungle and mosquito breeding close by. But I've only been retired here since August, so just my observations to date. thumbsup.gif

OMG. You've invited the virulent crowd of CONDO HATERS to pile on now. God help you!

Edited by JSixpack

I'm from Australia and dont require a visa to go to Thailand wink.png

When they stamp your passport, that's a 'visa exemption'. Last time I checked, the only folk who get it easy in the arrivals hall are Thais - still the only time I've ever wished I was Thai. Unless I've missed a special line exclusively for ASEAN visitors, you queue in those same hideous lines and wait to have your passport stamped - happy to hear otherwise.

My answer to the OP's question about a one way ticket was meant to point out that some airlines won't let you get on the plane and fly to Thailand with just a one way ticket and no proof or reason for no onward travel. The Visa aspects are secondary.

so that means if I wish to buy a 1-way ticket, I need further documents to support why I only want a 1-way ticket?

In fact I wish to do some good things for thailand. I owe this country a lot.

You OWE Thailand a lot. How do you owe Thailand a lot.? Did Thailand give you a lot ?

nope, Thailand didn't give me anything. But it helped me correct a negative characteristic of mine and I'm grateful to them.

Jackson86, its always going to come down to the check-in staff when you get on the plane. Technically, Thai Immigration can refuse to allow you into the country if you have no proof of an onward journey, but I have yet to be asked for said proof. If you WERE refused entry, I'm told that the airline which bought you into Thailand is responsible for removing you - presumably they would then charge you for the flight out. Hell of a lot easier to buy a cheap flight out of the country, but as with anything in Thailand it's 'up to you !'.

• Like 1

Jackson86, its always going to come down to the check-in staff when you get on the plane. Technically, Thai Immigration can refuse to allow you into the country if you have no proof of an onward journey, but I have yet to be asked for said proof. If you WERE refused entry, I'm told that the airline which bought you into Thailand is responsible for removing you - presumably they would then charge you for the flight out. Hell of a lot easier to buy a cheap flight out of the country, but as with anything in Thailand it's 'up to you !'.

Oic, k thanks. I just wanna get out of my country and go thailand relax for a long time. I like Thailand coz it's not fast paced society and life there is quite laid-back.

Cheers.

I started those exaggerations many years ago (not only on TV). Made some comments about Farang/Thai interactions, Thai politics, Thai Economy etc...

Not that it makes me happy, but it seems that most of my exaggerations from way back then have turned into reality by now.

Unfortunately.

Cheers.