Where is Thailand on the Philippens disaster ?

Robby nz

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thailand is almost bankrupt....what money are they going to donate? Donations are only made to the government & its' croonies in brown envelopes. But they could send a couple tonnes of rotten rice.

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

A pittance if that item is correct.

Interesting to see what the Govt does send, not what it collects from others.

Wonder how long it will take before anything is actually done what with the TV show then collecting donations and other dithering.

Food would seem to be one of the things most desperately needed by those who have survived.

Several plane loads of that rice 3 - 4 days ago would have gone a long way to helping.

• Like 2

My wifes' family are/were in the most directly hit towns Guiuan and Gen. MacArthur Eastern Samar. The photos and news clips most people see are in Tacloban which is actually a little bit "protected compared to Guiuan and Mac Arthur. Now, several days into this disaster we have heard nothing of survival of any family members. Those two towns do not really exist anymore. The US Navy carrier and another ship arrive tomorrow and things will happen. At the moment, 90% of the aid that has been sent is not being allowed into Tacloban airport as it is being used exclusively by the Philippine Air Force and their two C-130's. Complete chaos is the order of the day...New Peoples Army (communist) have attacked food convoys, people are hungry and will do anything. My wife and I will fly over early next week to sort out what we can with her family...if any survived. Word is that the Mac Arthur mayor had the high school as a shelter. It sits less than 50 meters from the open east facing sea and rumors have it that it collapsed completely as did many other "safe" shelters. Almost a week and no one has made it to Mac Arthur...

• Like 2

Yes, apparently the Democrats criticized the government saying that if the government started sending rice there could be more money going into the pockets of the corrupt (Thais not Philippines).

The big 'C' word has raised it's ugly head as usual and principals go ahead of practicalities with the Democrats as usual.......

they cant get the supplies they already have distributed where its needed as the infrastructure is destroyed

And what about the Aid being sent from other Countries,around the world? there is no excuse,considering the distance the Aid is coming from.