PM Yingluck orders THAI to explain reported strike

webfact

POLITICS
PM orders THAI to explain reported strike

Piyanart Srivalo
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra Wednesday ordered Thai Airways International to explain a report that its labour union has resolved to allow THAI staffs to lay down tools, a Government House source said.

The source said Yingluck demanded an explanation from the THAI following a report that the THAI labour union reached a resolution to allow THAI workers to use individual judgment whether to join the three-day strike. The strike was called by protest leader and former Democrat MP Suthep Thaugsuban as part of civil disobedience against the administration.

It was reported that some THAI workers started joining the strike since Wednesday.

The source said Yingluck was worried that the strike by THAI unionists would escalate into flight cancellations.

According to the source, PM's Secretary General Suranand Vejjajiva told Cabinet Secretary General Ampon Kittiampon, who is also THAI chairman, to find out about the reported strike.

Ampon then demanded an explanation from the THAI management, which explained that the union had no official resolution because there was still an internal fight in the union over the election of the new union president, Damrong Waikhanee. The THAI management said the new union board has not yet been endorsed by the Labour Ministry because of the internal feud.

"So, the union has no resolution. The issue was just a discussion of a group of THAI employees and the discussion concluded that each staff would be allowed to decide on his or her own whether to join the strike or not," the source said.

"But the management saw that the call for three-day strike by Suthep was illegal. Although some workers might take sick or business leaves, the management would strictly check those who stop working from Wednesday to Friday," the source quoted Ampon as reporting to Suranan.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-11-14

• Like 1

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's called exercising your right to protest yingluck. Clear enough for you?

Don't the army assassinate you for doing that now? Imagine the delays when snipers start taking out Thai Airways baggage handlers and check-in staff??

• Like 1

Don't the army assassinate you for doing that now? Imagine the delays when snipers start taking out Thai Airways baggage handlers and check-in staff??

Another red/PTP supporter incapable of logical thought. If the army shot baggage handlers and check-in staff who were on strike, how would that increase delays? Might it not encourage them to go back to work, as it did with Thaksin's militia?

• Like 2

I think I'll put a request in to the moderators of the board to see if they can create a new section where cretinous posts can be archived for posterity

• Like 2

And here was I thinking that if you don't like the government of the day then you exercise your Democratic right to VOTE THEM OUT...

But the so called "Democratic party",,, are going around encouraging people to engage in illegal strikes, don't pay your taxes, blowing whistle's at politician's on his lunch break then claim that it "normal citizen's" then get caught in that lie, your yellow shirt supporter mate's want and publicly say that he thinks Thailand should have no government for a few year's and he n his mates will run the country and you can all trust me, I'm a politician, I'm a good guy really really I am,

ya wanna buy a used car???

makes me wanna sick.gif

They bought their votes for a start whether it was with 500 baht notes or in tricking them with the promise of their flawed populist policies and so the democracy argument falters there straight away.

Also, whether they were voted in democratically or not, it does not give them the right to abuse parliament and ride roughshod over those parliamentary rules it doesn't like or that stop it's progress to turn paliament into a dictatorship through control of both houses and imposing immoral and unethical watering down/elimination of those bodies that provide checks and balances to parliamentary matters.

Please answer this question. Do you think that the amnesty was to absolve Thaksin of all of his past wrongdoings and allow him to return to Thailand a free man or pave the way for national reconciliation?

Other posters can then judge your arguments and opinions based on which of the two options you choose.

Now don't let me down!!

I'll give you until 6.00 PM to respond, otherwise you will face the consequences!!

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

To use the Google approach; if enough people strike, the algorithm will deem it not illegal. biggrin.png

To the employees sitting on the fence; don't be feint hearted, make a decision. Your in one camp or the other. Best of luck to you.

Skirting close to the edge aren't we?

Please be informed that ThaiVisa is an apolitical discussion forum, meaning that we take an unbiased position in regard to political matters in Thailand. As such, ThaiVisa will not permit itself to become a sounding platform for members to lobby other members to effect changes to or suggestions on political issues or Thai government decrees. This does not mean that members cannot voice a political opinion as ThaiVisa is first and foremost a discussion forum, but lobbying for any kind of action is forbidden.

To use the Google approach; if enough people strike, the algorithm will deem it not illegal. biggrin.png

To the employees sitting on the fence; don't be feint hearted, make a decision. Your in one camp or the other. Best of luck to you.

Skirting close to the edge aren't we?

Please be informed that ThaiVisa is an apolitical discussion forum, meaning that we take an unbiased position in regard to political matters in Thailand. As such, ThaiVisa will not permit itself to become a sounding platform for members to lobby other members to effect changes to or suggestions on political issues or Thai government decrees. This does not mean that members cannot voice a political opinion as ThaiVisa is first and foremost a discussion forum, but lobbying for any kind of action is forbidden.

A writ from Thaksin will be arriving soon!!!

I wonder if he uses the same courier service as he did with his Thai passport? If so, expect a knock on the door and it WON'T be the postman!! It could be the Foreign Minister even!!

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

Since when is not showing up for work " civil disobedience" ?

When you are reacting in response to a stupid ex dem opposition party deputy PM calling for people to go on strike as part of a campaign of civil disobediance?

How come you were confused by that situation?

Seems fairly obvious to me.

• Like 1

"PM orders THAI to explain reported strike"

Perhaps Thai Airways should ask the PM to explain her governments policies.

Yingluck is the wrong person as the amnesty was nothing to do with her - until that is, people started being 'ever so nasty' to her as they didn't believe this twaddle!!

• Like 1

And here was I thinking that if you don't like the government of the day then you exercise your Democratic right to VOTE THEM OUT...

But the so called "Democratic party",,, are going around encouraging people to engage in illegal strikes, don't pay your taxes, blowing whistle's at politician's on his lunch break then claim that it "normal citizen's" then get caught in that lie, your yellow shirt supporter mate's want and publicly say that he thinks Thailand should have no government for a few year's and he n his mates will run the country and you can all trust me, I'm a politician, I'm a good guy really really I am,

makes me wanna sick.gif

"don't pay your taxes"

Just to point out that in fact, Suthep is only reported to have called for businesses to delay paying their taxes, not to stop paying them completely.

They're two quite different things.

Of course the faux-PM is trying to claim that he said the latter, and that this is 'rebellion' or 'treason' or whatever, clueless as ever.

I'm sure you would want to keep your facts straight, on this. wai2.gif

makes me wanna sick.gif

yes in a Democracy you could do that.

With independent police, Election Commission and courts.

Unfortunately the police and the Election Commission is complete under the control of the ruling party and the courts partially.

Or other question: Why didn't the vote out Honecker in Germany?

The majority shareholder of THAI(Thai government) has the right to ask why the management is allowing employees to decide for themselves whether or not to join the protests.

I think that's called Democracy and freedom of choice. Orders? Are you kidding me?

Edited by Local Drunk

The majority shareholder of THAI(Thai government) has the right to ask why the management is allowing employees to decide for themselves whether or not to join the protests.

I think the answer is easy....because the employees hate the government.

I think the answer is easy....because the employees hate the government.

I simply cannot believe you run/own/manage a business, your naivety is simply astonishing.

........and the Thai management can reply "because we thought it was the democratic thing to do" - I forgot, democracy doesn't fit into the PTP's 'dictatorship rule of law' model. No wonder they don't get it!!

• Like 1