Multi-National Disaster Response Meeting in North Pattaya

webfact

Multi-National Disaster Response Meeting in North Pattaya

meeting-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Following the recent devastating Typhoon which caused death and destruction in the Philippines, 15 countries took part in a Disaster Response Meeting at a North Pattaya Hotel on Wednesday.

The International Workshop on the Guidelines for Civil-Military Coordination Disaster Response (Thailand Model) took place at the Zign Hotel in Naklua and was chaired by Lieutenant General Prapan, the Deputy Director of the Office of Policy and Planning from the Ministry of Defense.

Representatives from Cambodia, Indonesia , Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Myanmar, Laos, China, Vietnam, Korea, Japan, India, Russia, USA, Australia and Thailand took part in the meeting which discussed how a combined response from Military and Civil Organizations is essential should a similar natural disaster in the South-East Asian Region take place.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/108895/multi-national-disaster-response-meeting-north-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-11-14

Glad to see that the UK didn't join in this cake and ass party. Was this another hub to be set up in LOS? I expect that the Thai input was to set up a committee. Given the Thai response to the tsunami I doubt that they had anything remotely sensible to offer.

• Like 2

I realize they are talking about unforeseen and mainly unpreventable disasters but I think Pattaya is the last place to hold such an event given the far to frequent lose of life in the Pattaya Bay area this year that could have been prevented if those responsible for enforcing safety were not so corrupt.

A Paid Junket for the Public Servants . There was a response set up many years ago & it FAILED when the Tsunami hit.

So they set up a New warning system. Guess what , humans do NOT have the ability to prevent Natures havoc, & the response will be mediocre when the response Infrastructure is part of the destroyed parts.

This 'Response Meeting' could have been actioned by using the Internet or by phone without the COSTS borne by the idiot Taxpayers of the Nations involved.

Do the attendees of these many meetings count as Tourist figures ????

What a waste of $$$$$

coffee1.gif