Snake

GaryB1263

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks like a Krait. Venomous.

I seriously dislike people who kills snakes.

I seriously dislike snakes that kill people.

concur mate cos you know these damn snakes are building their nests going into human territory, eating up human food, being terrified of these humans when they actually go into the human's territory and then somehow killing these humans all cos these humans try to defend themselves.

• Like 2

We only killed browns in Australia as they attacked rather than shied away plus they were savage buggers, actually had a diamond python living under my place that kept the rats and mice to a minimum, he had full run of the place, he even ate the occasional chook when he ran out of rodents. Here I refuse to take chances, they come into our yard they are fair game, especially the poisonous ones and any tree snakes that drop on mums head, hahahahahaha

• Like 2

9 out of 10 lethal snakebites are bitten children

Is this stat available somewhere? I'm not saying you are wrong, but I would be interested in where this stat came from.

It was a documentry i saw long time ago, it was from India so maybe this can vary from country to country. Repitiles sun bathing and kids playing around not being observent. The same doctor allso said that the biggest reason people die from snakebites are the shock "OMG. IM SNAKEBITTEN! NOW I DIE" lowering your imune system.

Is this stat available somewhere? I'm not saying you are wrong, but I would be interested in where this stat came from.

It was a documentry i saw long time ago, it was from India so maybe this can vary from country to country. Repitiles sun bathing and kids playing around not being observent. The same doctor allso said that the biggest reason people die from snakebites are the shock "OMG. IM SNAKEBITTEN! NOW I DIE" lowering your imune system.

They did used to believe that the fear of the snake bite was more dangerous than the toxic effects. Kevin Budden believed it to his cost.

I have been thinking about this many times and maybe if it is a small one but.... How do you keep your cool when a drain pipe size cobra has sunken his teeth in your neck?

now i saw the link too. interesting reading :)

Edited by Indrid Cold

So the statement is nothing but unconfirmed gossip worth diddly...? Thanks, I was only wondering.
  • Like 1

So the statement is nothing but unconfirmed gossip worth diddly...? Thanks, I was only wondering.

Well the stat did not come from Ireland and you are welcome

The stat didn't come from anywhere, did it...? It was total bull shit, wasn't it..? facepalm.gif
  • Like 1

The stat didn't come from anywhere, did it...? It was total bull shit, wasn't it..? facepalm.gif

yeah but you have to lift it up a little bit to get the left corner in angle.

Just to set the record straight; studies show that the peak age group of snakebite deaths is 15-29 years (25% of all deaths is within this age group). Only 7% of deaths is within the age group 2-15 years (Sawai Y, Honma M (1976) Snake bites in India.) Edited by Forethat
  • Like 1

Just to set the record straight; studies show that the peak age group of snakebite deaths is 15-29 years (25% of all deaths is within this age group). Only 7% of deaths is within the age group 2-15 years (Sawai Y, Honma M (1976) Snake bites in India.)

I am talking mortality. So if you you are right we should send our 2-15 years out snake hunting since olny 7% of them die from snakebite right?