• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Amazing! He actually said that?
He said it. But the Dems actually did it Posted Image

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sorry Gerry but again you have lost the plot ... The "Dems" did not say that anyone that blows a whistle at another person was unethical and then proceed to say he was going to be unethical.

Then again since when is blowing a whistle assault?

I am still amazed at what crybabies and cowards some of the reds and PTP are.

Shall we also blow a whistle at you every time you pass your door?

You seem to not have a problem with that, so you would probably even enjoy it Posted Image

Gerry,  if you can get Thai people to blow a whistle at me for any perceived wrong that I have done to Thai people then YES! Please do so! Trust me, I won't be crying about it, or calling it assault, or blowing one back at them after stating that blowing whistles at people is unethical!

You still have lost the plot.

Alas since I am neither a moron nor a public figure in Thailand I will likely only have whistles blown at me 4-5 times a day :(

Amazing that you approve such childish ways of doing from the Dems.

If the reds come up with a similar idea you would be among the first to call them names.

This whistle thing is so absurd. I really enjoy reading the posts supporting it. :D

At the same time I am surprised to see some of the "TV farang elite" approve such low level political behaviour... Amazing... Amazing... :blink:

Sorry Gerry but again you have lost the plot ... The "Dems" did not say that anyone that blows a whistle at another person was unethical and then proceed to say he was going to be unethical.

You seem to not have a problem with that, so you would probably even enjoy it Posted Image

Gerry,  if you can get Thai people to blow a whistle at me for any perceived wrong that I have done to Thai people then YES! Please do so! Trust me, I won't be crying about it, or calling it assault, or blowing one back at them after stating that blowing whistles at people is unethical!

Alas since I am neither a moron nor a public figure in Thailand I will likely only have whistles blown at me 4-5 times a day :(

If the reds come up with a similar idea you would be among the first to call them names.

This whistle thing is so absurd. I really enjoy reading the posts supporting it. :D

At the same time I am surprised to see some of the "TV farang elite" approve such low level political behaviour... Amazing... Amazing... :blink:

First came the yellow shirts

Then came the red shirts

First came the yellow hand clappers

Then came the red foot clappers

First came the whistles

What will the red response be?

Personally I believe the anti government protest have been both successful and peaceful so the only thing you have to moan about is a few whistles

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Blowing a whistle at government figures is one of four ways for people to show civil disobedience, as urged by former Democrat MP Suthep Thaugsuban.

The other two are withholding corporate tax and flying a Thai flag outside the home.

I see why the Journo went into writing instead of a job involving maths.

As for Plodprasob, what can I say, yet again we see Thai politicians reaching new heights of folly. I can only pray that everyone starts blowing whistles at him now as to see him retaliate would be a serious giggle.

It will be a giggle, watching Plod try to work out what part he has to blow.

He will need to find a boat first :blink:

Sent from my phone with the app thingy.

Personally I think for Thailand the whistle idea is superb. Rather than shout and scream or throw things.. blow a whistle. Same result because EVERY ONE knows why you are blowing it BUT you are not saying rude things etc... :D:)

Blowing a whistle at government figures is one of four ways for people to show civil disobedience, as urged by former Democrat MP Suthep Thaugsuban.

The other two are withholding corporate tax and flying a Thai flag outside the home.

I see why the Journo went into writing instead of a job involving maths.

As for Plodprasob, what can I say, yet again we see Thai politicians reaching new heights of folly. I can only pray that everyone starts blowing whistles at him now as to see him retaliate would be a serious giggle.

There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count & those who cannot.

• Like 1

You seem to not have a problem with that, so you would probably even enjoy it biggrin.png

1zgarz5.gif

The wife told me that the reason behind the whistles is that it sends a message out that they have been exposed as being corrupt, self serving with one aim.

They have been found out.

In other words, the public are being the 'whistle blowers'.

When you look at it like that, then it really seems to lose its childish appearance.

However, to blow a whistle at someone blowing a whistle is incredibly childish.

• Like 2

the whistles are being used.because of the inability to get close to certain government buildings sooo....the point was to use them so that people in said buildings could here .that theres people out there...actually if ploppy uses his whistle he will just attract demonstrators towards him ...great thought out plan...i therefore retract my original post ..hes a star...and one of lifes winners..way to go ploppy...

Monkey see..... Monkey do.

To act like an idiot is one thing,

To criticize an idiot is another....

But to criticize and idiot and then copy him, is in an entirely different league of its own.

Remember this, Thainy Tim, you should , you wrote it

I am sorry, but you clearly have a lot to learn about Thai culture.

To the Thai people this is not considered childish or pathetic. This is a way of non-violent confrontation designed not to force a personal loss of face. Meaning no words or jeering insults.

Maybe the west will laugh at this, but then again the westerners laugh at a lot of crazy stuff in Thailand that Thais do, just have to read a lot of threads on here to confirm that. But at the end of the day, it is just your ignorance that compares Thai politicians to the ultra restrained and stiff upper lip, ultra conservative stuffed shirt politicians of the west.

Your mocking is just another person showing they still don't understand how Thais think. Which probably explains your one track narrow minded and very repetitive posting.

So your belief on this whistle blowing; is it

"a way of non-violent confrontation designed not to force a personal loss of face."

Or is it

" act (ing) like an idiot "

Both your words, just a day or so apart. So do you understand the Thai culture so much better than me which apparently "explains my one track thinking narrow minded and very repetitive posting." or do you just post any old rubbish to back up your post at the time?

Edited by fab4

He told Chaturon that if he was attacked by whistles he would blow one back because anybody who blows a whistle at another is an unethical person.

I like the novelty of the phrase: attacked by whistles. So far other politicians only felt attacked by pens, facebook posts and like buttons.

Good to know it won't work on Chalerm with his ear problems.

The genius propeller guy probably prefers the silent Thai tradition of finger pointing.

This whistle thing is so absurd. I really enjoy reading the posts supporting it. biggrin.png

At the same time I am surprised to see some of the "TV farang elite" approve such low level political behaviour... Amazing... Amazing... blink.png

I was born under a dictatorship, you know what childish thing people did to express their discontent? at certain hours they'll open their windows and banged pots and pans for minutes on end, I did a good deal of banging myself. Very childish, right? Still that dictatorship ended in peaceful elections after the will of the people couldn't be denied or suppressed.

Perhaps they should show their disapproval of the Yingluck Thaksin government in a more mature and civilized way, this looks less childish to you?

post-70157-0-83188300-1332122639_thumb.j

Monkey see..... Monkey do.

To act like an idiot is one thing,

To criticize an idiot is another....

But to criticize and idiot and then copy him, is in an entirely different league of its own.

Remember this, Thainy Tim, you should , you wrote it

I am sorry, but you clearly have a lot to learn about Thai culture.

To the Thai people this is not considered childish or pathetic. This is a way of non-violent confrontation designed not to force a personal loss of face. Meaning no words or jeering insults.

Maybe the west will laugh at this, but then again the westerners laugh at a lot of crazy stuff in Thailand that Thais do, just have to read a lot of threads on here to confirm that. But at the end of the day, it is just your ignorance that compares Thai politicians to the ultra restrained and stiff upper lip, ultra conservative stuffed shirt politicians of the west.

Your mocking is just another person showing they still don't understand how Thais think. Which probably explains your one track narrow minded and very repetitive posting.

So your belief on this whistle blowing; is it

"a way of non-violent confrontation designed not to force a personal loss of face."

Or is it

" act (ing) like an idiot "

Both your words, just a day or so apart. So do you understand the Thai culture so much better than me which apparently "explains my one track thinking narrow minded and very repetitive posting." or do you just post any old rubbish to back up your post at the time?

Snipped quotes that change the context of the post.

Showing displeasure of an individual by blowing a whistle at them physically hurts no one and beats lobbing a grenade at them any day of the week.

If that individual thinks that the best form of retaliation is to blow a whistle back, he's an idiot.

The thought process never got as far as sticking his thumb on his nose and wiggling his fingers. That would be a childish action, but a clear indication of how childish he thinks they are being.

This whistle thing is so absurd. I really enjoy reading the posts supporting it. biggrin.png

At the same time I am surprised to see some of the "TV farang elite" approve such low level political behaviour... Amazing... Amazing... blink.png

I was born under a dictatorship, you know what childish thing people did to express their discontent? at certain hours they'll open their windows and banged pots and pans for minutes on end, I did a good deal of banging myself. Very childish, right? Still that dictatorship ended in peaceful elections after the will of the people couldn't be denied or suppressed.

Perhaps they should show their disapproval of the Yingluck Thaksin government in a more mature and civilized way, this looks less childish to you?

16815729.JPG?itok=8QLMQOqn

An anti-government protester holds a poster of hanged ousted Premier Thaksin Shinawatra

during a rally against the amnesty bill in Bangkok on Oct 31, 2013. Photo: AP

Also note that Abhisit shouted this threat to the whole Shinawatra Family from the Democrat Stage

“If there is even one dead protester, don’t even hope to continue living in this land, the whole [shinawatra] clan!"

http://asiancorrespondent.com/115693/thailand-amnesty-bandwagon-full-of-hubris-hatred-and-hidden-agendas/

So what are you looking for fab? Are you looking for a war of angry comments and youtube posts between the two sides? We can either argue real issues about what's best for Thailand, or simply spew a lot of rhetoric. It's up to you?

Personally I think for Thailand the whistle idea is superb. Rather than shout and scream or throw things.. blow a whistle. Same result because EVERY ONE knows why you are blowing it BUT you are not saying rude things etc... :D:)

I am afraid that it is far from being an innocent and pure idea to avoid "saying rude things".

It is meant as just a step to make the situation escalate more...

The true intentions of the Dems is to bring chaos again.