Ibuprofen

bunnydrops

I don't live in the city. It seems that paracetamol in a 100 different favors is the only pain reliever sold around here. I look on the internet and saw that it is sold as Ibufan and one other brand but I can not find it. Paracetamol doesn't seem to do much for me and my wife's sister thinks it is the best thing she has used for a foot problem she has. Anyone know of a chain store that might have it in Korat or Khon Kaen?

Ibuprofen is not the same as paracetamol; it is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory.

Can be used as a painkiller in inflammatory conditions but has different side effects which include irritation of the stomach and may cause bleeding from here in people with existing stomach ulcers.

It is a freely available as paracetamol/acetaminophen.

i used to take ibuprofen but because i had a bad stomach i was put on co-codamal,but the last yr.or 2 i have been taking

DAGA PARACETAMOL 500mg.and found them good.

if you do need to visit a good pharmacy i have used the same one in korat since i have been here let me know.

You can get ibuprofen everywhere, even out in the sticks. Along with a wide range of other NSAIDs, they are very popular in Thailand.

Be sure to write down the name as Thais may have trouble understanding when you say it. The local brand names are way to numerous to list.

If all else fails, ask for "ya buert" and reject all the ones that are para and keep asking for others, it'll appear soon enough.

Some of these upcountry pharmacies are staffed by completely untrained people who do not recognize generic names.

Nuprofen seems to be the most common 400mg version of Ibuprofen available in all areas of the country. Naprosyn is available where I am right now and it is better for me than Ibuprofen is (it is a brand of Naproxyn.

i used to take ibuprofen but because i had a bad stomach i was put on co-codamal,but the last yr.or 2 i have been taking

if you do need to visit a good pharmacy i have used the same one in korat since i have been here let me know.

Hi

I could be wrong but thought that co codamal was not available in Thailand as it contains codeine.

I don`t often use painkillers but that one is the one that seems to work best for me.

I did actually ask for it in a Thai clinic, answer was " cannot sell "

I`d genuinely like to know where it is available.

Thanks.

co codamal brand is not available here, but there are several brands of paracetemol + codeine/ tylenol + codeine that are. However can only be gotten fro ma hospital pharmacy on prescription.

Sheryl

Thanks for your answer, I was wondering if the same combo might be available from a hospital, if I get stuck I`ll do that.

smile.png

Hi

I could be wrong but thought that co codamal was not available in Thailand as it contains codeine.

I don`t often use painkillers but that one is the one that seems to work best for me.

I did actually ask for it in a Thai clinic, answer was " cannot sell "

I`d genuinely like to know where it is available.

Thanks.

sorry i should have said i was on them in the uk. but try daga.

• Like 1