What's your night-time, air-con temperature?

simon43

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bedroom is cooled down to 18ºC by two aircons. when i go to bed i switch off one unit and adjust the setting of the other unit to 25ºC.

temperature throughout home (except my study) during daytime 26-27ºC, study 25ºC.

Normally 25 but the problem I have is more of fresh air movement rather than temperature. When the system gets to it's desired temperature I find the air a bit stale, so push it down a bit. Really I must get a fan and then I could probably not bother with the ac at all and save a fortune on the old power bill.

Actually the OP reminded me of when, as a tourist, I used to stay at the Westin Grande Sukhumvit. For reasons explained above my room was the coldest place I knew on Earth. Prior to this the coldest place I had experienced was Amsterdam in November, but let's not go there. If the system wasn't cooling the air was so stale that I got a headache. So I would set the temp to 18 and get the thickest duvet. Seems crazy but it worked.

S

29 at night only to remove the humidity and sweat from our spirited debates...fan in the day is the recipe . Ps indians who asked for blankets charge 650 Baht ea. (personally i preset a few rooms at a reasonable temp and if u get Indians or similar tell them its preset but available to be cooler if An additional 700 baht is paid .Commonsense rules most of the time ... exceptions of coursepost-167617-0-04261800-1384685501_thumb.

Edited by Wimbledon

27 - 29c if used at all.

Regardless if in own apartment or staying in a hotel.

Did set it to 25c daytime in a hotel I recently stayed at for a while then put it at 27c for over night.

Same same.

May put it on for a blast at 25c if I have come inside from working on the garden.

Edited by Jip99

25° seems perfect to me in the bedroom, in the living room most of the time fans are enough. I have a fan with a postion named wind, that is to say the speed changes constantly, very pleasant, since I have it I almost not put air-con any more during the day.

Room temperature.

I only turn my aircon on if I have guests in. Never got round to buying a fan.

I don't need it. If I'm in the apartment I'm just wearing shorts so I'm not that hot.

It also makes me feel a bit shit, blocked / running nose, course throat, dry eyes etc.

I spend a good chunk of my day in a coffee shop and even though their aircon is on super low and you don't really feel it too much I'm constantly coughing, sniffing, have a throat full of gunk etc.

Soon as I leave the coffee shop I'm fine again. Aircon isn't good for me.

The sheer luxury of turning the Air Con down low,and pulling your quilt up to your neck, just a little bit of fine tuning on the Air con remote,guarantees a relaxing sleep,and something to look forward to up in the village,after sweating all day.

My preferred temp is about 2 degrees lower than the outside temp at night. Just enough so the A/C keeps running intermittently, circulates some air and removes the moisture.

It's not the temp, it's the humidity that bothers me- sleeping in sweat and all. Plus, I'm allergic to mold, and mildew and everything that grows in this humid climate.

In fact, I'd shut the A/C off at night if I had a dehumidifier to keep the moisture down. That would be after I had cooled the place down from the oven it is when I get home from work.

for me it is 28 C, I like circulating air in the room