Anyone here live in Las Vegas too?

oakweb

I can't even begin to imagine what taking a girl out for the night would cost in Las Vegas. Probably my entire monthly income! Not to mention the police harassment(!) I think there is a reason why guys relocate to Pattaya rather than Vegas..

Why would the police harass you?

I can't even begin to imagine what taking a girl out for the night would cost in Las Vegas. Probably my entire monthly income! Not to mention the police harassment(!) I think there is a reason why guys relocate to Pattaya rather than Vegas..

Why would the police harass you?

I guess he likes them young.

I think most of us are making the comparison from the point of view of being in a LTR or not being interested in taking anybody out on the town but rather stayin in by ourselves and streaming movies :)

Edited by OMGImInPattaya
  • Like 1

I know about Pattaya and am trying to compare with Phuket if anyone has any ideas. My plans are flexible.

Phuket wins hands down over Patts. Beautiful beaches,Phangnga Bay for boat trips,Patong Beach,one would think it is reserved for tourists.

Phuket is much more expensive, the roads are crazy, and the corruption/mafia seems to be worse....if that's possible. But yes, much better beaches. Pattaya's beaches suck.

Hey Craig...long time no see.

We met at Makro and you helped me with the seafood. We moved back to BKK from Pattaya and now we are checking out Phuket and Spain.

Stephen

Yes, great stuff!!! Seafood at Makro is a very good.

We were in Spain a few years ago and loved it. Also Portugal. Tapas and Port. 555555

• Like 1

Gk10002000 would you do a comparison of Boca...Delray Beach and Fort Lauderdale compared to Phuket? Thanks for your opinion on this.

Feel free to PM me.

I haven't spent any time in Lauderdale except for going to and from the airport, a couple of events over the years. Can't really speak to it. Boca is just too pricey. I mentioned Palm Beach because the neighboring cities of Juno, Jupiter etc. have some decent little side streets and affordable properties. As for Phuket, I have only been there for one week. Ao Karen beach front is actually a lot like the beaches in Florida. Long beaches, white sand. Jupiter Town or Riviera beach just a few miles from where I live are physically like that. You don't get the large number of oceanside restaurants in Florida like you get in Phuket or any of the Thai beaches for that matter. And you have to drive to the beaches. But that is America. Very few people have houses that are really within walking distance to a beach. Condos are on the beach, but to me they are like cages.

Nightlife-wise, I would have to say Phuket would beat my area of FL. Such a pain to drive around between bars. I really like walking around an area when out. Cost-wise, long term rentals on Phuket are about the same as you might pay in a mortgage in Florida. Say, 30,000 baht a month which is about 1,000 USD. That would be equivalent to a modest mortgage on a small Florida place.

Hey Craig...long time no see.

We met at Makro and you helped me with the seafood. We moved back to BKK from Pattaya and now we are checking out Phuket and Spain.

Stephen

Yes, great stuff!!! Seafood at Makro is a very good.

We were in Spain a few years ago and loved it. Also Portugal. Tapas and Port. 555555

Cheese with Port...........wub.png