Thai computer shop burgled by almost-naked man

webfact

Computer Shop Burgled By Almost-Naked Man
By Khosod Online

sh.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A man in his underpants has stolen ฿500,000 worth of belongings from a computer store in Tak province, said Mae Sod Police.

Mr. Somphop, the owner of the computer shop, said he noticed his house has been robbed and later alerted police to investigate the scene. Mr. Somphop claimed he lost ฿70,000 cash, gold ornaments, and diamond rings, in total worth of nearly ฿500,000.

CCTV video shows that the nearly naked man broke into the shop from the second floor before entering Mr. Somphop’s working room.

Police identified the robber as a Myanmar national, however, no evidence confirming his identity has been presented at the moment.

Police have warned locals to be more careful during the Loy Krathong Festival, said Pol.Sr.Col. Ekkarat, Chief of Mae Sod Police Station. People are also encouraged to make sure that their windows and doors are firmly locked before leaving their houses since many robberies have taken place in the province.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNE5EVTVOVE15TUE9PQ==

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-11-18

Congrats to the BIB's....guy almost naked, robs a house, identified him as a myanmar but has no evidence to prove it. Sherlocks is rolling in his grave this very moment. Warns local to be on a look out for a robber in underwear.

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Congrats to the BIB's....guy almost naked, robs a house, identified him as a myanmar but has no evidence to prove it. Sherlocks is rolling in his grave this very moment. Warns local to be on a look out for a robber in underwear.

It said no evidence has been presented. They probably have evidence but have not presented it yet.

It said no evidence has been presented. They probably have evidence but have not presented it yet.

It's just a hunch based on the knowledge that Thai people don't break into places if they're not properly dressed.

Alleging that the thief is a Myanmar national is a blatant example of Thai racism. We all know that Thais are racists but this continuous illustration in the Thai press is tedious. Additionally, the headline implies the robbery was in a computer store, but the detail indicates that it was in his house. An excellent example of poor Thai editorial work as well as the tedious racists Thai allegations.

Edited by Scott
post corrected

Alleging that the thief is a Myanmar national is a blatant example of Thai racism. We all know that Thais are racists but this continuous illustration in the Thai press is tedious. Additionally, the headline implies the robbery was in a computer store, but the detail indicates that it was in his house. An excellent example of poor Thai editorial work as well as the tedious racists Thai allegations.

Hi noitom, Sherlock here.wink.png

1.Alleging the perpetrator is Burmese is nationalistic since Thais and Burmese share a similar ethnicity, ie Asian. Thais are nationalistic as well as xenophobic. The fact that the town is heavily populated with Burmese is obviously of some significance?

2. "Robbery in a computer store". Thailand has millions of 'shophouses". It might be that the policeman and the victim are standing in the office of the computer shop looking out at the sales area?

The detail indicating it was in his house is correct, since the shop was in his residence.Apparently the burglar entered from the second floor as captured on CCTV.

All speculation of course.

Perhaps the evidence that identified the thief as possibly a Myanmar national was the CCTV?

Perhaps the evidence that identified the thief as possibly a Myanmar national was the CCTV?

How?

Did he have a "Made in Burma" tattoo?

• Like 1

how they can attest for sure the thief is from Myanmar?

back home this should be blatant racism!

i am pretty sure it was in fact a fat australian foreigner in shorts and a white wife-beater shirt, strolling sometimes around Kfcwink.png.pagespeed.ce.0awNpHtDlK.png

I take offense at the "white wife-beater" remark; I haven't been in Thailand for close to a year now! Need more... coffee1.gif

How?

Did he have a "Made in Burma" tattoo?

Oh come on, you know as well as me that all Burmese/Myanmar people have a distinctive Horn 1 meter long, growing out of the top of the head.

cheesy.gif (not really) only a joke in case some nutter takes it the wrong way.

I'm dissapointed that they didn't blow up the CCTV pictures so we could see the man and have the police pointing at him so we could be sure the robber was the one in the video.

Well, we have the next best thing - the BIB pointing at the glass window.

They gotta point at something! Bless 'em.

It's also a pre-packaged excuse for not looking for or catching the guy. Announcing the thief took his loot and scampered back across the border into Myanmar means the police are effectively off the crime solving hook.