Anti-govt rallies: Thai Police search for weapons amid claims of armed men

webfact

I'm still wondering WHY any Cambodians would give a fart about rubber prices in Thailand and why 2 would be carrying guns.

Unless they are some of the ones that were suggested before to be hiding out in a temple up north waiting to cause trouble rolleyes.gif

NAH not possible as they were not there..whistling.gif

ps: have they found the guns that the Deputy PM Police General whatshisname said were in Bangkok?

The democrats are quite a tame lot really. Not a violent thought or gun amongst them. They are very well informed and deserve to win. Having said that it must still be a choice between the corrupt and the very corrupt. Politicians are the same the world over. There are liars, dam-ned liars and politicians.....coffee1.gif

Like most foreigners I watch the political rallies and protest marching with with great interest yet from afar. I continue to be baffled at the motivation and enthusiasm of the Thai people involved.

In the thoughts and discussions of millions of Thai people there seems to be bewildering level of hatred and rude behavior. It is the incantation of such negativity and hatred that the protesters stoop down to when rallying. This is important because the reality is that the vast majority of Thai protesters seem to have virtually no idea, in any measurable sense, as to WHY they are protesting. So why do the come?

At the centre of the propaganda that wills these unnecessary events into being is PM Thaksin, one of the most charismatic and productive prime minister as Thailand ever had, and yet also perhaps the most controversial.

Co-opting the anti-Thaksin, and now the anti-Shinawatra family, are legions of yesteryear Democrats mourning their loss of grip on the decades of their own corruption and the wealth it brought their Dynastic families.

What is at work here? After all these years since anti-Jek mania ended, surely this repeating crusade against anyone that is not a Democrat (or perhaps Siamese), is it Political or racism?

The leader of the erstwhile Democrat Mob is of course PM Abhisit a Thai darling of Thailand's Elite and the owner of well documented misdemeanors that are leading him exorably toward trial for many crimes, at least one of which is capital.

PM Thaksin on the other hand was clumsily dragged down and eventually brought to trial and conviction of crimes against the nation, that he'd so efficiently led. Thaksin's trial remains conspicuous on several counts; The accused was not present, the prosecutor possessed no tangible evidence of the alleged crime, The Bench appeared to be aware of the judgment in advance of the trial, Thaksin was convicted of a crime that he did not commit, and the sentencing was punitive, including the proposed sequestration sum in excess of Bt45 Billion.

What the World wondered is what was the orchestrator PM Abhisit's objective, in this abusive pursuit of a Giant of a businessman (Thaksin) who had served Thailand so well.

But what really puzzles the foreign community is; from where did Khun Abhisit acquire such immense power to enable him to crush a son of Thailand (Thaksin), a man of twice his stature and integrity.

You are right. This Giant of Businessman is fighting for the most corrupt man to be Guiness Book world leader for corruption. Marcos, Mugabe and Berlusconi fight at the same level.

Yet again the crooks are making crap up in the hope that some people might believe that the anti amnesty people are bad people. Newsflash for the idiots ''No weapons were found' even the Red Shirts that have joined the anti amnesty protests are not bringing weapons. This is how my side differs from your side, this is what happens when certain people who shall remain nameless have no power over what is happening....- GOOD ! Please keep it that way and keep making the crooks in charge look like the idiots talking out their <deleted> that they are clap2.gif

''The leader of the erstwhile Democrat Mob is of course PM Abhisit a Thai darling of Thailand's Elite and the owner of well documented misdemeanors that are leading him exorably toward trial for many crimes, at least one of which is capital.''

Compared to Thaksin, a convicted fugitive on the run who has done all kinds of misdeeds and is purposely staying away from Thailand so that his prison sentence will not be carried out and numerous outstanding cases against him can not be tried. At least Abhisit has the balls to fight for what he believes in and stand up to it believeing that justice and the truth will out. Though he may not be whiter than white, say what you want about him but he certainly seems the 'lesser of two evils' to me.

Like most foreigners I watch the political rallies and protest marching with with great interest yet from afar. I continue to be baffled at the motivation and enthusiasm of the Thai people involved.

In the thoughts and discussions of millions of Thai people there seems to be bewildering level of hatred and rude behavior. It is the incantation of such negativity and hatred that the protesters stoop down to when rallying. This is important because the reality is that the vast majority of Thai protesters seem to have virtually no idea, in any measurable sense, as to WHY they are protesting. So why do the come?

At the centre of the propaganda that wills these unnecessary events into being is PM Thaksin, one of the most charismatic and productive prime minister as Thailand ever had, and yet also perhaps the most controversial.

Co-opting the anti-Thaksin, and now the anti-Shinawatra family, are legions of yesteryear Democrats mourning their loss of grip on the decades of their own corruption and the wealth it brought their Dynastic families.

What is at work here? After all these years since anti-Jek mania ended, surely this repeating crusade against anyone that is not a Democrat (or perhaps Siamese), is it Political or racism?

The leader of the erstwhile Democrat Mob is of course PM Abhisit a Thai darling of Thailand's Elite and the owner of well documented misdemeanors that are leading him exorably toward trial for many crimes, at least one of which is capital.

PM Thaksin on the other hand was clumsily dragged down and eventually brought to trial and conviction of crimes against the nation, that he'd so efficiently led. Thaksin's trial remains conspicuous on several counts; The accused was not present, the prosecutor possessed no tangible evidence of the alleged crime, The Bench appeared to be aware of the judgment in advance of the trial, Thaksin was convicted of a crime that he did not commit, and the sentencing was punitive, including the proposed sequestration sum in excess of Bt45 Billion.

What the World wondered is what was the orchestrator PM Abhisit's objective, in this abusive pursuit of a Giant of a businessman (Thaksin) who had served Thailand so well.

But what really puzzles the foreign community is; from where did Khun Abhisit acquire such immense power to enable him to crush a son of Thailand (Thaksin), a man of twice his stature and integrity.

You are right. This Giant of Businessman is fighting for the most corrupt man to be Guiness Book world leader for corruption. Marcos, Mugabe and Berlusconi fight at the same level.

Be fair Lungmi. I'm no Thaksin fan, but he's got these three beat fair and square. None of them have managed to run a country by Skype whilst a convicted crimial fugitive.

Wonder what exactly was in those excess baggage his daughters flew out of Thailand with. Makes you wonder how UK customs conveniently didn't seem interested either.

Wow, what a brilliant analysis. Before you clarified it, I was somehow under the impression that Mr. Toxin considered Thailand his company and himself being the CEO with the right to use the assets ot Thailand as he saw fit for his business (changing the laws in order to be able to sell his Telecom busines to a Singapore company and then not even paying a single Bath on tax. Wait, wasn't there also a deal with Myanmar giving the Generals a huge soft loan so that they could puchase services his company wanted to sell? And then all the changes of legislation in order to make sure that he would have an undisputed rule without any checks and balances remaining. I thought that this was the beginning of the whole drama that is since slowly bringing this country down. But hey, thank you so much, now I know how wrong I was.

Heil Toxin.

I have visited over the last few years , yellow Shirt , red shirt and the recent multi party rallies and the only times I have seen illegal weapons is at Red shirt rallies and i have also seen the Black shirts at the red shirt rallies they are armed thugs ,,

Taksin did some good things , the 30 Baht healthcare was one but he also did many evil things alot of people died under his auspicis and ultimately wants supreme power for himself , he is a menace to thailand ,,

But the Doomocrats and other old parties are also hopelessly corrupt and out of touch with reality ,,, Thailand is in for some dangerous times .

Sorry to say, but even the 30 Bath scheme was just a very clever move to legally "buy" the votes of the poor and it was so successful that they still think he did it because he cared for them. All he did was identifying the core issues/problems for the majority of Thais (poor and uneducated and mostly rural, creating the red shirts of today). This 30 Bath scheme was without proper planning and created huge problemsfor the public health system that are still onot resolved today. Simiarly the cheap housing scheme (useless quality of those houses built but at least those building them had their profits and I guess they were cronies of a person with the initials TS), they were all tricks to make the poor think he would care for them. In fact, he never really tried to change the root causes of their problems, just use the assets of the country and waste them in order to "buy" votes.

I totlly agree, the Democrats are also completely useless. They got so many chances offered on a silver tablet and were not able to go ahead and work on some real solutions solving the problems of the poor and the rural.

As it looks now things will probably get much worse before they perhaps might at some time in future get better again. A person with the initials TS did destroyed and divided Thailand and it will never be whole again, I fear, or at least not for a very, very long time.

I totlly agree, the Democrats are also completely useless. They got so many chances offered on a silver tablet and were not able to go ahead and work on some real solutions solving the problems of the poor and the rural.

Was wondering ineu how you work that out?

You see they first had to take in the corrupt parasite parties in order to make up a government, this in its self hampered what they could do.

Then they had the red riots to deal with.

Followed by the Cambodian incursion which was strange, as it started just after the reds were ousted and ended abruptly when PT came to power.

In spite of that they made the 30b health scheme free as it was costing more to run than it was bringing in.

They paid the poor farmers a direct subsidy for their rice thereby cutting out the middle men.

And in spite of a world recession managed to leave the countries finances in good health.

• Like 2

You see they first had to take in the corrupt parasite parties in order to make up a government, this in its self hampered what they could do.

Followed by the Cambodian incursion which was strange, as it started just after the reds were ousted and ended abruptly when PT came to power.

In spite of that they made the 30b health scheme free as it was costing more to run than it was bringing in.

They paid the poor farmers a direct subsidy for their rice thereby cutting out the middle men.

And in spite of a world recession managed to leave the countries finances in good health.

You forgot the education one. Possibly the most important.. they gave free compulsory education up to M3 (14-15 years) previously P6 (10/11years).

Sorry.. IT IS my favourite biggrin.pngthumbsup.gif

And all that in 18 months.. not the 12 years that Thaksins miscellaneous governments had.

You forgot the education one. Possibly the most important.. they gave free compulsory education up to M3 (14-15 years) previously P6 (10/11years).

And all that in 18 months.. not the 12 years that Thaksins miscellaneous governments had.

Whilst what you are both saying is all true, Abhisit's Democrat-led coalition government was ultimately a failure... in that they failed to get re-elected at the 2011 election. Personally I did not agree with the way the Thai people voted, and still do not agree with the reasons why they voted in this way (the reasons - a stronger democracy and more wealth... it seems history is proving me right), but I cannot argue that this was the case.

Whilst what you are both saying is all true, Abhisit's Democrat-led coalition government was ultimately a failure... in that they failed to get re-elected at the 2011 election. Personally I did not agree with the way the Thai people voted, and still do not agree with the reasons why they voted in this way (the reasons - a stronger democracy and more wealth... it seems history is proving me right), but I cannot argue that this was the case.

As a party they were / are a failure. But as the government of the day. They did ok. their biggest problem about getting reelected was the deaths in 2010 and the fact that they didn't report everything they did to anyone that would listen like Thaksins many governments do.. The basis is the you talk enough shit some will stick, as in the people will remember.

They are starting (unfortunately) to understand that, hence Suthep etc.

Been through the two main reasons before why the Dems did not get re-elected, but ;

They were not silly enough to try to trump the promises made by PT , promises which are now coming back to haunt them and may well result in their downfall.

The great lie that Abhisit and Suthep murdered all those who died in the riots.

A lie which many wanted to believe and which is designed to generate hate against them.

This lie is still being repeated to this day from red stages, in the pages of this forum almost every day and in red schools to extend the hate into future generations.