Vegetarian Restraunts In Bangkok

"Whole Earth" Vegetarian Restaurant, Bangkok, Thailand

Address: 71 Sukhumvit Soi 26

Phone: 02 258 4900

Hours: 11:30am - 2:00pm, 5:30pm - 10:30pm

map_eng.jpg

Indus 71, Sukhumvit Soi 26 Phrom Phong Skytrain Station

Occupying the building that was one The Whole Earth restaurant, you will now find Indus.

Smartly decorated and with a good menu. It's a bit of a trek down Sukhumvit 26 from either end, but worth it.

http://www.indusbangkok.com/

(from the phone no. "Whole Earth"="Indus"= 02-258-4900 )

other place around Suk. area

-Jay -Leng Nai Fl.4 Furum Building Ambassador Hotel 02-255-0444 ext 1540

-Tian Yang 159/15 Sukhumvit 55 (soi.Thong lor) at the corner of Thonglor soi.9 02-3814945

-Veg House 1/6 soi.Sukhumvit 3 02 -2547357

-Mario's Pizza between Suk soi 7-9 02-253-7595, 02-253-7759

-Vegetarian Express ,Food Center The Emporium

Anybody have suggestions for healthy vege food? Lentil burgers, that sort of thing.

I've heard of Whole Earth on Sukumvit 26, I think? Does anyone know exactly where?

I am vegetarian since '72 but never seek out special places in bkk. I like foodland on soi 5 they have a nice veg menu, also the atlanta hotel has a very good veg menu inc quorn based dishes. I don't care much for the indian ones as they tend to be expensive IMO

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Anybody have suggestions for healthy vege food? Lentil burgers, that sort of thing.

I've heard of Whole Earth on Sukumvit 26, I think? Does anyone know exactly where?

Hey..

I have just finished putting together a vegetarian survival guide for Thailand which also includes a guide to my favourite veggie restaurants in Bangkok which may help...

http://lovesthailand.googlepages.com

Please check it out!!

Bye for now

Anu

Is the Govinda Vegetarian Italian Restaurant still around in Soi 22?

Have not been there in ages , Food was always good , but pricey.

Govinda is still going strong.

There's also Dosa King on Sukhumwit Soi 19 (near Asoke station) - good southern Indian vegetarian food.

And Tamarind Cafe/F-Stop Gallery on Sukhumwit Soi 20 - innovative Western-style vegeterian food, but the portions are a little on the small side.

• 5 years later...

Time to update this ancient thread. Dosa King I found to have way below average food, high prices and ridiculously small portions for the money. Yogi's 100% veg Indian up north of Silom is a better deal, but not perfect. I found Rasayana organic raw food cafe off Soi phrom Mit between Sukhumvit 39 and 49 to be excellent quality with a large, varied, well planned and finely executed menu. Price a bit on the high side compared to cheap, non organic slop shops, and I generally spend around 500 baht for two people (02 662 4803 ‎ · rasayanaretreat.com ). Sustaina restaurant and grocery shop (from Harmony Life Farms), very near Sukhumvit, just off soi 39 is not 100% veg but is 100% organic. The menu is somewhat limited for my taste, but a few good selections. Again, around 500+ baht for two. The real plus is the large selection of organic foods in the grocery store. Pay 100 baht for membership and get 5% discount off restaurant and grocery store for 1 year. They will also do free delivery on orders of 500 baht or more. They also run different promotions and give coupons, etc. (022587516, http://www.harmonyli...o.th/index.html ) Govinda's Italian vegetarian restaurant off soi 22 is still going but I have not yet tried it on this trip. More updates as I have a chance. I will especially be looking for quality buffets with good veg selections and good price and good quality Indian restaurants.

I strongly recommend Anothai restaurant, near Rama 9 hospital.

I'm not a vegetarian but was very impressed with the creative and tasty dishes at this place.

It's a bit off the beaten track but well worth a visit in my opinion, especially if you're a vegetarian. Oh and leave room for dessert.