The 1 Card

Suradit69

When I first got "The 1 Card" a few years ago I asked my Thai friend to fill out the application and consequently I ened up with the Thai version rather than the Expat version. No problem. I use it at HomeWorks, PowerBuy, Central, Zen, etc. Ever so often when I'm buying groceries on the lower level of Central Festival Pattaya, I check on the balance and get a few hundred baht off my bill that day.

I gather there is a difference in benefits between the Expat and Thai versions. Anyone know what the difference is and if one or the other is more advantageous?

Edited by Suradit69

5% discount on many non sale items.

Yeah one time when I bought something at Central the salesgirl said I would get some percent discount and then she saw my card and said I would just get the credit as usual.

Do both cards still accumulate credits even when you get an immediate discount using the Expat card? Or when you get the discount you don't get the credit ... one or the other, not both?? I'm just trying to decide if it's worth the bother of getting the Expat card. I suppose the difference is not significant for the amounts I typically spend.

Edited by Suradit69

ypu get the 5% only with the expat version and then only on non sale items. You get the pointw anyway. You can convert the points to credit on purchases nthough they do have some special deals where you use money and points to buy a promoted item.

• Like 1

I have an expat one .. It's just designed to confuse. every time i go to use mine to redeem points it just ends up hard work for me and the cashier and who every she gets to help . Main reason is in central they have so many offers that run concurrent witch are also confusing as soon you pull the one card out for your 5% and discount for your points it goes into mass confusion :-) . It's worth filling out to get one if your shopping there anyway just incase one day they make it simper to cash in you points ...

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

I also have the 5% card. But try getting discount on the sales/promotions that they have, it is a disaster. You have to go in a long qeue to redeem your points and then still they make problems all the time. When i let my wife do it they don't accept it because they think she stole the card from me. They even don't speak english at that counter to redeem your points.

After being in a long queu at Central Chidlom suddenly another employee pops up from under the desk, she had been hiding there for about 15 minutes or so. blink.png

I only use the card for the 5% from now on, i will never understand how all the promotions work. Thailand has so many different cards that can give discount that you will need 5 wallets to carry them all in. I don't let them ruin my mood anymore, they can keep their points.

I've had my card for 7 years, use it every time, and other than the occasional 5% discount don't see what it does? Is something supposed to come in the post with special offers or discounts? I've checked with them and they have my correct address on file. I really don't see what you get out of the card (other than tracking my purchases and sending me spam in my email!) and occasionally a 5% discount.

Very simple to use. Give it to the cashier when you pay and you will get discount if available and points. The points can mount up for 2 years. when you buy stuff at any of the score if you ask they will convert the points to cash value and discount your purchase with them if you wish otherwise you can save them up. When you redeem the points for the special purchases at the Central counter you need your passport and signature so someone cannot redeem them without you.

Never have a problem ,use the points for a discount ,just takes a few minutes ,also when buying groceries many offers only apply if you have the card , why does anyone have problems ,i never do

sent by string from my thai visa tin to computer.

Never have a problem ,use the points for a discount ,just takes a few minutes ,also when buying groceries many offers only apply if you have the card , why does anyone have problems ,i never do

sent by string from my thai visa tin to computer.

The problem is that they have so many different kinds of special offers/promotions and not all work on the redeemed points.Only the make-a-wish offers work with those points if i recall well. They have loads of different offers as well. It is very confusing. Also in other Centrals they don't even speak english at that special counter (and you first have to find that counter on another floor somewhere in the back).

I also checked how much money i could get if i redeemed the points for baht and then it would be like 50 baht or so. I 'm not going to hassle with people who don't speak english and be in a long qeue for 50 baht.

Also the Zen logo is on that card but it doesn't work in Zen restaurants. Only in the special Zen in Central World if i recall well.