Varathep affirms Yingluck's presence at censure debate

webfact

Varathep affirms PM's presence at censure debate

PNPOL561118001000501_18112013_015555.jpg

BANGKOK, 18 November 2013 (NNT) – PM's Office Minister Varathep Ratanakorn has confirmed that Prime Minister and Defense Minister Yingluck Shinawatra will be present at the censure debate if the no-confidence motion is put on the House agenda.

The Minister of the PM’s Office, who is also the Deputy Minister of Agriculture, has revealed that the government is ready for the no-confidence debate, while asserting that the Premier will be there to answer all the questions by herself.

He also played down a rumor that claims the government would dissolve the parliament as soon as the 2.2 trillion baht loan bill was passed by the Upper House.

He also mentioned about the pending political reform forum, saying the next discussion has to be postponed for now following the ongoing anti-government protests.

The Democrat Party last week filed a petition to House Speaker Somsak Kiatsuranont for a no-confidence debate against Ms. Yingluck, Deputy PM Plodprasop Suraswadi, and Interior Minister Charupong Ruangsuwan.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-11-18 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

You are dealing with people who are as cunning as a rat up a drain pipe, it's doubtful that this censure will be a success , these spiffs will put any trick to keep one step ahead of the sordid action, I wouldn't be surprised if they all don't sue the Democrats for tarnishing their image, have a go though , you never know what will happencoffee1.gif

I'm sure Pheua Thai will have the usual suspects raising their hands and objecting every 30 seconds, the shoe brandisher from Surin and the snowy haired Sunai from Nakhon Sawan will figure prominently. I wonder if Chalerm will appear or is he still smarting from his demotion?

The Dems need to be careful. Sure they will score with their supporters if they harangue the PM but if they go too far in assaults on her it will not play well with anyone else. PT have used this very well in the past and the Dems have frequently fallen into the trap. The Abhisit "idiot" remark was a PR disaster for him with those he needs to vote for him to have any chance of winning. Thailand is still a conservative country in many respects.

• Like 1

The Dems need to be careful. Sure they will score with their supporters if they harangue the PM but if they go too far in assaults on her it will not play well with anyone else. PT have used this very well in the past and the Dems have frequently fallen into the trap. The Abhisit "idiot" remark was a PR disaster for him with those he needs to vote for him to have any chance of winning. Thailand is still a conservative country in many respects.

assault on her.... jeeze. she would actually have to turn up for that to happen. And that's not a given, Probably have a very important Cabinet meeting in Lopburi again. which Google maps says is the HUGE IMPOSSIBLE LARGE distance of 136km away or 1hr 46minutes by car.

BUT 26 hours walking. That's the problem then no money left for gas as they have spent it all on the rice subsidy and dodgy clocks.

• Like 1

While Nero the powers to be fiddled RomeThailand burned.Has anybody in this Gov.grasped the fact that they are supposed to be running the country?As for the opposition,don't they understand in a Democracy,you lose,you lick your wounds and in the next couple of years you try to educate and endear yourself to the populace with your ideas for the betterment of the people.DEMOCRACY,neither side even knows what it means and I'm quite sure neither wishes to achieve it.The voice of the people heaven forbid.

I wish both sides would quit their protests.

Enough. Having large numbers of people who despise each other in two mobs in close proximity is a recipe for disaster.

Enough.

It was a stupid bill to ram through, and even people like myself who try to stay neutral can see what it was masquerading to be. Likewise, it was a stupid response to threaten to 'topple the governement' and as undemocratic as Stalin.

If wishes were fishes.....

While Nero the powers to be fiddled RomeThailand burned.Has anybody in this Gov.grasped the fact that they are supposed to be running the country?As for the opposition,don't they understand in a Democracy,you lose,you lick your wounds and in the next couple of years you try to educate and endear yourself to the populace with your ideas for the betterment of the people.DEMOCRACY,neither side even knows what it means and I'm quite sure neither wishes to achieve it.The voice of the people heaven forbid.

post of the day....its not about dem or red .its about the people...the people i hear you say..dont be ridiculus...let them eat mud.and be grateful..

Edited by winstonc
  • Like 1

They are not there to serve their country. They are Thai MPs.

• Like 1

'As soon as 2.2 trill baht loan is signed -'

Or as soon as its disbursed -

(then we head for the hills?)

It'll take years to 'spend' the money, and there's an election due, in under 20 months' time.

But it does look like the Big Boss wants his government to hang on, to get a share of that spending, if possible ... all in the best interests of the poor, of course. wink.png

So of course the faux-PM will show up, to this censure-motion, if the Speaker accepts it for debate.

Edited by Ricardo

Well. That one's easy. As Somsak isn't going to allow the censure to be put up in the first place.

Sent from my aigoPadM60 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Good Point. It's been suggested that Somsak is firmly in the control of big sister Yaowapha so that should be that.

Well. That one's easy. As Somsak isn't going to allow the censure to be put up in the first place.

Sent from my aigoPadM60 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I have just heard a very telling comment on TV concerned the debate in which it was said YL would attend IF the censure motion was put on the agenda. How big an IF will this turn out to be ?