Oman Air 10 % reduction on business and economy tickets ex Bangkok

yermanee

As per title and conditions hereunder :

• 10% off on all Business Class Fares & Economy Class Fares Bangkok.
  • Ticket sale till 31st December 2013.
  • Travel outbound till 31st December 2013.
  • Discount is permitted from Bangkok to WY International network excluding domestic, code share and interline sectors.
  • Blackout dates from Bangkok to London Heathrow from 15th December 2013 till 29th December 2013.
  • Please review fare rules at the time of purchase. All other conditions are applicable as per fare rule.
  • Multi city fares are not eligible for discount.
  • All other general terms & conditions will apply. In case of doubt please check with Oman Air – Call Centre available 24 x 7 on +968 2453 1111 and Oman Air Thailand offices (Bangkok on +662 635 1222 ext 21,23,24) and (Pattaya on +66 (0) 387137 13/ 14/15) (Monday- Friday).

Probably limited seats.

Yermanee wai.gif

Yes - Oman were the best of the sensible bunch of airlines when I looked and booked at the weekend for a flight leaving London between Xmas and New Year and returning 3 months later. It will be my first time with Oman in 20 years of regularly flying London to Bangkok.

Next week it will be another airline in the cheap hot-seat. Any recommendation has a short time fuse in the competitive Europe to Asia route. Always use a comparator website, even if you then go on the airline's own website to book.

By bunch I mean the 'sensible' choices - ie ignoring flying via an Indian or Russian airport, ignoring flying the wrong way or too far first (ie via China) or ignoring long stopovers (usually in some desert shed. Actually I think Oman even beat those for a good price of GBP 590 [$900] and sub 2 hour stopover both ways. Not bad for a Christmas/New Year flight, but I always (well 8 years out of 10) find there is one airline and one day in the Xmas/New Year period when you can get a reasonable deal. Sometimes you have to look daily over a period of a couple of weeks to find it. In this case the Oman seats popped up one day and then came up the next day as having a loong stopover coming back. The following day the two-by-short stopover flights returned on the agenda. Oman's website was not providing anything like as good, so I booked through the comparator website (Opodo). Sometimes the comparator is better sometimes the airline is better.