Ducati M796 Motor Expo promotion 449k

meechai

Facebook reporting by quite a few a promo at the expo

from Nov 19th till Dec 15th

You can reserve a Monster 796 Corse Stripe for

449,500 baht seems a good deal for someone thinking of the M795 which is 439,500

post-113252-0-30980400-1384832707_thumb.

post-113252-0-44340500-1384832713_thumb.

Edited by meechai

Does seem like a massive discount, but I can't see anyone buying one without the discount with the 795 so cheap - so if they want to make space for new models it might just be true.

Wasn't aware the expo started today, is it open to the public?

The Ducati Monster Club Thailand confirms it on FB:

Ducati Monster Club Thailand

3 hours ago

DUCATI M796 Corse Stripe (สวิงอาร์มเดี่ยว) รถสีแดงคาดแถบขาวที่บังโคลน, ครอบท้าย และถัง

ราคาเงินสด 449,500 บาท

ราคา อ้างอิงจาก ดูคาติ พระราม3 นะครับ

https://www.facebook.com/ducatirama3?fref=ts...See More

Yeah, looks like it is right, must be made here now then.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It's a temporary promotion so I guess they're clearing off old stock of the imports before the new 1200 is released. Very tempting for sure.

It's a temporary promotion so I guess they're clearing off old stock of the imports before the new 1200 is released. Very tempting for sure.

But how can they be the imported bikes at such a low price?! If the correct import taxes etc have been paid then they have to be selling at a significant loss, either that or they make 200k baht profit on each bike which I doubt!

good news if they will make ducati monster 796 here instead of low spec 795

all i know, it has one sided sexy swingarm and better specs.

So, who buys a 795 now?

Not many people were going to buy the 795 anymore, anyhow. They are waiting for the newer models. Therfore Ducati is making this deal to keep the sales going untill the new model is released.

Sexy swing arm + 180 rear tire (not to forget!!!).

Edited by Nickymaster
  • Like 1

I don't think this is a old model sale out, i believe this is the new model strategy by Audi. As can seen the 696 and 796 models are still continued only the 1100 evo has been replaced by the 1200. I believe now the whole monster model range is produced in Thailand. Italy is focusing on Super bikes. Ducati can increase turnover in markets like Thailand and increasing profit on models sold worldwide due to cheaper assembly, labor etc... German efficiency.. Win Win.

Anyway ill book one now as a city hopper, actually i wanted to get the duke390 but i cant take their ridiculous pricing.

Edited by Hili
  • Like 1

I don't think this is a old model sale out, i believe this is the new model strategy by Audi. As can seen the 696 and 796 models are still continued only the 1100 evo has been replaced by the 1200. I believe now the whole monster model range is produced in Thailand. Italy is focusing on Super bikes. Ducati can increase turnover in markets like Thailand and increasing profit on models sold worldwide due to cheaper assembly, labor etc... German efficiency.. Win Win.

Anyway ill book one now as a city hopper, actually i wanted to get the duke390 but i cant take their ridiculous pricing.

There must be more differences than just the swingarm though? I can't imagine they're just taking a 795 and swapping the swingarm and calling it a 796. There's almost an inch difference in seat height between the 2 models for a start, or is that just due to the different rear end?

I'd love to know, if this is a true imported 796 I'll probably get one as I don't really need the new 1200cc for my intended use of this bike.

• Like 1

I think if your interested this is a very good deal & your making a good choice.

How often can you say USA Retail $10,500/ Thai Retail $14,200 ?

Because that is what 449k baht is.

So a good deal for a Ducati in Thailand shopper in any case.

I agree about the KTM....Nuts period !

They today announced their Duke SMC R 690

for 689k baht or 788k financed!

That is $25,000 USD insane

There must be more differences than just the swingarm though? I can't imagine they're just taking a 795 and swapping the swingarm and calling it a 796. There's almost an inch difference in seat height between the 2 models for a start, or is that just due to the different rear end?

I'd love to know, if this is a true imported 796 I'll probably get one as I don't really need the new 1200cc for my intended use of this bike.

I believe its the "full spec" 796 but assembled in Thailand and yes there are some more differences to the 795.

Same for me don't need a 1200 the 796 is nice for the city and some curvy trips. Light, nimble and fast enough.

That looks like a new lower price on the 795 too about 41k less unless they have gone back

to offering non abs too?

Today's ad for the 796

post-113252-0-03270200-1384932847_thumb.

Just booked one today. Expected delivery Jan-Feb 14. Which is also a indocator that its locally Made. Cause if it was stock clearance they would deliver immediately

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I think if your interested this is a very good deal & your making a good choice.

How often can you say USA Retail $10,500/ Thai Retail $14,200 ?

Because that is what 449k baht is.

So a good deal for a Ducati in Thailand shopper in any case.

I agree about the KTM....Nuts period !

They today announced their Duke SMC R 690

for 689k baht or 788k financed!

That is $25,000 USD insane

This is a good deal indeed. This is a real 796. IMO the 796 looks much better than the 795. This i a real Ducati! Sorry guys.....

Edited by Nickymaster
  • Like 1

congrats hili.

good choice, value and just came in time for you after your bad experience with bumps.

did they confirm local production when you were booking?

it looks like it is a good time to buy as i have a feeling like this is a limited campaign and price might go high after motor expo.

so, what will happen to 795 model? will they remove it from inventory as selling 795 and 796 together does not make sense as buying 796 is a no brainer.

Also feel sad for the guys bought their 795 recently:) I am sure they feel sad as well for not waiting little bit more but you never know life of course.

Kudos for Ducati on investing and producing nice bikes for Thailand with reasonable and right prices first time! Thanks.

• Like 1

yes it will be interesting to see if the 795 continues or the 796 replaces it.

But truthfully the difference as far as I know has always been cosmetic.

Although the 795 originally could be had without ABS but the 796 had it stock.

So the difference is just a SS swingarm versus a standard swingarm

Also 3 spoke wheels instead of 5 spoke.

The ride height difference is down to the rear suspension being different.

Of course many "Ducatisti / Ducatiani"only accept a "real" Ducati has a single sided swingarm &

also cite how better it is & how much easier it is to service.

But if that were true MotoGP Ducatis would all run SS swingarms

They do not because they prefer/need the torsional stability of a conventional swingarm.

post-113252-0-93057300-1384937281_thumb.

Edited by meechai

Just booked one today. Expected delivery Jan-Feb 14. Which is also a indocator that its locally Made. Cause if it was stock clearance they would deliver immediately

Congrats. I spoke to the sales girl at Rama 3 on the phone 30 minutes ago and she told me it was the imported model. Obviously she's trying to make a sale but I got the same date as you. January if I book at Rama 3 and Feb if I book at the expo?!? No models to see at Rama 3 I need to go to the expo if I want to see it before buying (which I do, obviously).

Congrats. I spoke to the sales girl at Rama 3 on the phone 30 minutes ago and she told me it was the imported model. Obviously she's trying to make a sale but I got the same date as you. January if I book at Rama 3 and Feb if I book at the expo?!? No models to see at Rama 3 I need to go to the expo if I want to see it before buying (which I do, obviously).

Sure you should take a look before buying. I know the 796 pretty well drove it sometimes back home.

After my incident with my old monster iam happy to find a equal and well priced replacment, even though they lost a bit of charme, on the other hand they got more comfortable which is great for the city where i will use it. The air cooled Ducatis are little bit less "complicate" than the water cooled ones (at least the old ones)