Ducati M796 Motor Expo promotion 449k

meechai

Basically the main difference is that the Ducati 795 is the Ducati 696 with the 801cc engine from the 796. If Ducati are building the M796 here its a bit of a slap in the face for M995 customers. However, the same was true for imported M696 customers when the M795 was launched or when the locally assembled Diavel, Multistrada and Hypermotard were launched. Anyway its good news for new buyers. Mind you how did Kawasaki Z1000 owners feel after 110K THB was slashed from the price, cést la vie.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ok great news just got a call from Ducati my bike has been arrived yesterday and i can pick it up on Saturday. Thats real quick of you consider the actual confirmed delivery in January '14 clap2.gif

Well what we are learning? If you like something just go for it don't wait too long biggrin.png

Edited by Hili
  • Like 2

Ok great news just got a call from Ducati my bike has been arrived yesterday and i can pick it up on Saturday. Thats real quick of you consider the actual confirmed delivery in January '14 clap2.gif

Well what we are learning? If you like something just go for it don't wait too long biggrin.png

Hi Hili,

congrats on that.

If you don't mind, would you be able to let me know how tall you are and how you fit on it....didn't have a chance to sit on a monster, but did not like the Hypermotard or STradas ergos at all....so still struggling to find a bike which is comfy for me. If anyone else would know if handlebar raisers would give the Monster decent ergos.

Presently I am still divided, loved the comfy position on the Suzuki V-Strom 650, but would much prefer a Ducati, but can't raise the budget to the Multi.

Hi Hili,

congrats on that.

If you don't mind, would you be able to let me know how tall you are and how you fit on it....didn't have a chance to sit on a monster, but did not like the Hypermotard or STradas ergos at all....so still struggling to find a bike which is comfy for me. If anyone else would know if handlebar raisers would give the Monster decent ergos.

Presently I am still divided, loved the comfy position on the Suzuki V-Strom 650, but would much prefer a Ducati, but can't raise the budget to the Multi.

I rode the 796 back home already so i can give a good feedback on that. Iam not the tallest at just 1.67m; when sitting on the bike i cant put my feet flat on the ground but half which is enough to stand stable. The riding position is great for my size due to the low and front orientated handlebar its a more sportier position than on other naked bikes; this gives you a nice feedback and control of the front wheel. If you prefer it more upright you can put riseres or a higher more to you orientated aftermarket handlebar. I really like the concept of it cause its a great compromise between power, weight and agility. But iam getting it for mostly city riding and relax crusing. For going fast..... there are other bikes.

• Like 1

Hi Hili,

congrats on that.

I had the handle bar raisers installed when I first collected my monster M795. They were 15000 THB. They make a major difference and give a more upright seating position. I'm 5,9 and its comfortable for me.

Hi Hili,

congrats on that.

I had the handle bar raisers installed when I first collected my monster M795. They were 15000 THB. They make a major difference and give a more upright seating position. I'm 5,9 and its comfortable for me.

you should mentioned that you got the official Ducati bar riseres that why the ridiculous price of 15000THB. Even if you buy the much better designed and quality Rizoma risers+ handle bar you end up around 8000. Other brands much cheaper as well...

Should do wonders for the 2nd hand sales of monsters, just might grab me a bargain..........

not so many bargains around, mostly thais getting the bike pimping it up riding it 2000km and want to sell nearly same price+ all components. And then around 70% are financed so you will automatically pay more. But sure if you are patient and searching well one day a bargain could pop up.

Should do wonders for the 2nd hand sales of monsters, just might grab me a bargain..........

Ducati Thailand always has a few low mileage Monsters

http://www.ducatithailand.com/preowned_bikes/preowned_bikes.do

I do not know if they will accept less than asked.

About the best I have seen of recent models is around the same.

Once in awhile I see one for 330-ish

What Hili says is true about Thai private owners.

They always list all the stuff they bought & expect they can get it all back

But the kicker is they are almost always financed too & usually do not allow early payoff

Edited by meechai