International removals

Colonel_Mustard

After 13 years here, it's time for me to move on. I've enjoyed it tremendously but for family reasons, the timing is right to sell up and head off.

I'll sell the large furniture items with the house but over the years we have accumulated a lot more personal things than would fit into suitcases. Everything from cds and books to golf clubs and surf boards etc. Looking at leaving June next year after the kids have finished their school year but as shipping would take some time, I thought it best to start gathering information now.

Any advice on getting stuff shipped abroad? Any recommended international removals agents? Do they calculate pricing based on weight or size?

Thanks in advance.

I recently moved here from Australia and was pretty happy with the service I got from Conroy removals who based it all on size. They also have local freight contacts here in LOS. It was all based on size and insurance can be 3.5% of the estimated (agreed) total. I ended up agreeing only certain items to be insured and cut the cost a little that way.

Not sure where you are heading but they may be able to help you if heading to Australia.

Asian Tigers are reputedly good but a little pricey. When my wife moved we used a company called Eagles here in BKK who were very good but that was a business type contact and they normally do business import/exports (I think). I had a separate freight company I knew in Australia who put me onto Eagles and helped to arrange the destination stuff but again, more for business than personal effects.

Have you thought about selling stuff here? I am now sorry I brought so much stuff with me. If you're looking to offload anything reasonably new and in good condition why not put a list togather and PM me or place an ad?

Good luck with the move and please post updates of your experiences.

Edited by avander

I am not sure about cost to Europe but you need to edit your post. Is it half a 20' or half a 40' container? I'm sure someone else may be able to give you an idea.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app