Stamp in passport

On my way home from Poi Pet doing an over land visa run. I stopped off for a coffee to break up the drive and checked my passport.

I know that the rules have changed for some lucky people but I have an Irish passport. On checking my passport I see that I have been given 30 days.

Obviously it was a mistake but am I ok until 20th December or do you think that when I'm next crossing the border some eagle eyed officer will notice the mistake and charge me overstay?

Cheers

Mick

Serious question. Does the computer at Imm' know the difference in Nationality between passports ?

If the Imm' Off' has put 30 days in the computer then my mind tells me you should be OK .

But the next time if someone has been reading the rules, 2 minutes before you front up notices, whose fault would it be ?

Of course they know what passport you are using - normally it is scanned. Likely the officer was reading time chart as UK and Northern Ireland which would be 30 days rather than the Republic of Ireland which is 15 days. Or it could have been the normal wrong stamp used. So yes it could be noted on exit and overstay required to be paid.

Hmmmmm guess I'll just have to wait and see. Must remember to have a wad of cash with me just in case.

It seems that you were expecting 15 days... I'd say the safest bet is to do another Visa run in 15 days.

I've read on this forum that you are responsible for checking that your passport is stamped correctly. i.e. guys who've flown in etc have received a 2 month stamp by mistake then complain when they get charged overstay upon their exit after two months.

The onus of responsibility still lies with the passport holder.

Thus - you may get charged overstay at 500 baht per day or the immigration official at your next visa run might not notice.

As you say - chancing it depends on how much cost you put on the inconvenience of another visa run.