PM tells Council of State to study ruling

Lite Beer

PM tells Council of State to study ruling
The Nation

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has instructed the Council of State to study the ruling by the Constitutional Court on the charter amendment bill related to senators, Deputy Prime Minister Pongthep Thepkanjana told the House Thursday.

Pongthep was representing Yingluck in answering a motion submitted by Democrat MP Rangsima Rodrassamee.

"After the court has issued the ruling, the prime minister instructed the Council of State to study the ruling in detail to advise the prime minister what to do next,' Pongthep said.

He said the prime minister needed the advice from the advisory body because the ruling was unprecedented.

In the motion, Rangsima demanded that Yingluck take responsibility for sending the amendment bill, which the court has ruled unconstitutional, for a royal command.

In his reply, Pongthep argued that Yingluck was required by the Constitution to submit the amendment bill for a royal command within 20 days after its approval in the final reading by the Parliament.

Pongthep also pointed out that Yingluck knew nothing about the voting on behalf of peers by certain Pheu Thai MPs. The practice was cited as one of reasons by the court to declare the bill unconstitutional

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-11-21

• Like 1

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has instructed the Council of State to study the ruling by the Constitutional Court on the charter amendment bill related to senators...

Why? Maybe just to count again the number of times the court said "No Yinluck, you can't do that...it's just wrong!!"

Pongthep also pointed out that Yingluck knew nothing about the voting on behalf of peers by certain Pheu Thai MPs.

bth_SgtSchulz.jpg

But now she does know about it, the question should be asked; will the party and the PM take action against those who have been proven to have acted unlawfully in parliament? Because this casts PTP in an even worst light if they just ignore the unlawful.

This proxy government is going down faster and more spectacularly then the Hindenburg.

• Like 1

Has anyone actually seen her in the last week ???

Or was she in 1 of the suitcases that went with Mr Ts daughter to the U.K smile.png

She may be waiting for her diamond and ruby studded whistle to arrive before she makes another public appearance.

"Pongthep also pointed out that Yingluck knew nothing about the voting on behalf of peers by certain Pheu Thai MPs. The practice was cited as one of reasons by the court to declare the bill unconstitutional"

Yes. Because she is very rarely in Parliament to see it. Now she is at a soiree in Singapore.

http://thainews.prd.go.th/centerweb/newsen/NewsDetail?NT01_NewsID=WNPOL5611150010001

And she will not be even be back for the official parliament close on the 29th November. The opening date for 2014 is still to be decided... Is that normal????

"Pongthep also pointed out that Yingluck knew nothing about the voting on behalf of peers by certain Pheu Thai MPs. The practice was cited as one of reasons by the court to declare the bill unconstitutional"

Yes. Because she is very rarely in Parliament to see it. Now she is at a soiree in Singapore.

http://thainews.prd.go.th/centerweb/newsen/NewsDetail?NT01_NewsID=WNPOL5611150010001

And she will not be even be back for the official parliament close on the 29th November. The opening date for 2014 is still to be decided... Is that normal????

I guess the old saying about the heat and the kitchen is true.

• Like 1

Knowing nothing is no excuse when you're accountable

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

In her entire business or political career has she been accountable for anything?

Come to think of it, is any wealthy, supposedly powerful Thai accountable for anything? So don't expect Yingluck to break the habit of a 100 generations and put her hand up to take the fall.

• Like 2

I see the PM has adapted nicely to her brothers form of government. "govern from a distance". Both are responsible for this and every other idea implemented in the past two years.

This time they have managed to get most of the MPs on the hot seat. To this count we can add the Commerce, Finance, Foreign Education, Transport, Foreign affairs Ministries.The potential list of jail bait could also include some of the DSI, RTP, and of course those shuffled cabinet members who have come and gone.

Once again Thaksin and family have demonstrated that sh.t rolls downhill and those getting too close get spattered and aquire the same stench.

• Like 1

In her entire business or political career has she been accountable for anything?

Come to think of it, is any wealthy, supposedly powerful Thai accountable for anything? So don't expect Yingluck to break the habit of a 100 generations and put her hand up to take the fall.

The heat is well and truly cranking up on her and the rest of the PTP.

Impeachments, constitution court verdicts, legal cases, protests, finance are all coming to a head and if one doesn't stick then the constant grilling will take it's toll for sure.

Will this government see out it's term? I guess the odds have lengthened considerably over the past few weeks.

If Yingluck is somehow disqualified the it becomes very interesting. Would Thaksin put Yaowappa in? Would PTP back such a move? Would the coalition parties support it? Would the public be even more enraged?

If Yingluck dissolves the house do they still have enough support to win an election? Would the coalition parties continue to support PTP?

For sure the Thai political rollercoaster will continue to take it's dangerous course to somewhere

• Like 1

I thought that someone said they promised to completely drop the whole issue if it was thrown out by the senate... ???

That's a different issue. The "ruling" is for the change to the constitution for the senators. The "amnesty bill" was thrown out by the senate.

I thought that someone said they promised to completely drop the whole issue if it was thrown out by the senate... ???

Are you referring to the Amnesty Bill - aka Pardon Thaksin and his family and buddies?

Or are you referring to the Constitutional Amendments - aka the let the Shinawatras and Damapongs into the senate?

Pongthep also pointed out that Yingluck knew nothing about the voting on behalf of peers by certain Pheu Thai MPs.

bth_SgtSchulz.jpg

But now she does know about it, the question should be asked; will the party and the PM take action against those who have been proven to have acted unlawfully in parliament? Because this casts PTP in an even worst light if they just ignore the unlawful.

This proxy government is going down faster and more spectacularly then the Hindenburg.

Fair point Jon. But don't hold your breadth. The PM/DM has ignored the fact her cousin illegally issued a new Thai passport to her criminal fugitive brother for nearly 2 years now. She's prevaricated and effectively ignored the Ombudsman's questions on the same for many months now too.

They really do believe they are above the law. Contravene it, ignore, because nothing ever happens when they do,

• Like 1

bth_SgtSchulz.jpg

Fair point Jon. But don't hold your breadth. The PM/DM has ignored the fact her cousin illegally issued a new Thai passport to her criminal fugitive brother for nearly 2 years now. She's prevaricated and effectively ignored the Ombudsman's questions on the same for many months now too.

They really do believe they are above the law. Contravene it, ignore, because nothing ever happens when they do,

I think you are right. They really do believe that the courts and the system cannot touch them at all.

I would like to ask what is the P.M.s JOB DESCRIPTION ????? Before anything is pushed through parliament shouldn't it be studied first, or anything that needs a decision.

I just do not get it..... Why hasn't anyone mentioned the fact to her. She has had business experience at top brass level hasn't she.?????

Edited by ginjag

I would like to ask what is the P.M.s JOB DESCRIPTION ????? Before anything is pushed through parliament shouldn't it be studied first, or anything that needs a decision.

I just do not get it..... Why hasn't anyone mentioned the fact to her. She has had business experience at top brass level hasn't she.?????

If she has experience in business it really does not show, maybe experience within Thailand only, I dunno. Anyone can confirm??

If she has experience in business it really does not show, maybe experience within Thailand only, I dunno. Anyone can confirm??

Was a director of the family company, I believe but me thinks only to fill the position. the position was not re-filled after she left by all accounts. was posted here on TVF many times. sure you will get more info soon.

Charupong said that before attending the meeting of the party to discuss the Constitutional Court’s ruling yesterday and work out the party’s stance on the charter amendment.

I thought they already had a stance they would not except the courts ruling if it differed from their;s. Didn't she say before the decision she would not accept it? Now they are going to discuss it,

Earlier he had adamantly announced to reject the ruling of the Constitutional Court although the Opposition said such rejection was a blatant defiance of the Judicial power and could subject to a rebellion charge.

Seems to me they had already made up their mind before the court ruling. Same with the ruling on the land around the Temple a week before it came out she had said she would not except it.

The heat is well and truly cranking up on her and the rest of the PTP.

Impeachments, constitution court verdicts, legal cases, protests, finance are all coming to a head and if one doesn't stick then the constant grilling will take it's toll for sure.

Will this government see out it's term? I guess the odds have lengthened considerably over the past few weeks.

If Yingluck is somehow disqualified the it becomes very interesting. Would Thaksin put Yaowappa in? Would PTP back such a move? Would the coalition parties support it? Would the public be even more enraged?

If Yingluck dissolves the house do they still have enough support to win an election? Would the coalition parties continue to support PTP?

For sure the Thai political rollercoaster will continue to take it's dangerous course to somewhere

To be honest putting Yaowappa (in) would be "the straw that broke the camels back" as it were. She is ruthless and unforgiving.

Correct me if i am wrong Yaowappa is in the mix of the Rice scheme no?